Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

did you not get the email stating that there will be maintenance on the PM site? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭emo72

N64 wrote: »
    did you not get the email stating that there will be maintenance on the PM site? :rolleyes:

no. but that explains a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Bodhran

Here's the email from Parcel Motel.

Parcel Motel website downtime

Dear BODHRAN

We just wanted to let you know that our website, parcelmotel.com, will be unavailable tomorrow (Saturday 22nd June) from 12pm to 6pm, due to essential maintenance.

This means you will not be able to log in to your account during this time. The good news is that it will not affect normal deliveries or collections.

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused and thanks for bearing with us.

Have a great weekend!

The Parcel Motel Team

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

What time do parcels typically arrive in Limerick at? My parcel arrived in Antrim at lunch time...any chance it would be down tonight? Super excited for my first parcel motel experience! And yes, I know how lame that is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭positron

Hi folks, sorry for being an impatient git but... I have this City-Link tracking page here that shows that they delivered a TV to Parcel Motel Belfast at 12:37 pm earlier today. It's an oversized parcel and I want to pick up from Finglas. However, I can't see anything in my ParcelMotel account so far.. suppose my question is, does something appear in my ParcelMotel account as soon as parcels "checks in" to Belfast motel? Or would it only come up after it has made itself to Finglas depot?

Thanks a million!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

As soon as it's checked in it should appear on your account (you won't get a notification). They usually receive a number of items at once so it could take a while to check 'm all in, also outsize may take a little longer. Just keep checking. Is it a big TV? You are aware they will most likely be some additional charges for it. Have you got a card linked to your account or sufficient credit? If not this will slow down the process a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Has anyone gotten hit with customs whilst using ParcelMotel?

Thanks flyguy, it eventually appeared on ParcelMotel account at 17:31, but no photo. It is a 47" TV. I am aware of the excess charges, and have a credit card attached to the account, so PM can take out the right amount. I wonder if it would make it to Finglas depot overnight, had someone lined up to pick it up tomorrow AM.

Has anyone gotten hit with customs whilst using ParcelMotel?

As in VAT/duty? That should not be possible. Within eu there is no charge and items with duty due on them will be refused by PM (as clearly stated in their t&c's)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

flyguy wrote: »
    As in VAT/duty? That should not be possible. Within eu there is no charge and items with duty due on them will be refused by PM (as clearly stated in their t&c's)

Cheers.
    Was thinking about sending something from America to a parcelmotel address (If that was allowed) But was unsure about the vat/duty tax.

Guess it's a bad idea if they would refuse. Not worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

As soon as it's checked in it should appear on your account (you won't get a notification).

True except for items that aren't labelled correctly with your parcel motel ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Hi,

First time using parcel motel (needed to buy sonething but seller would only ship to UK address) so i gave the Antrim address

The parcel arrived in belfast this morning (Friday) at 11am

Just wondering from other peoples experience, how long it takes for the parcel to get to From Belfast centre to my local Parcel Motel in Dublin??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Me too just waiting also it has been dispatched today from UK first time using this too fingers crossed

We have seen reports of parcels getting from Belfast to motels in around 5 hours, but more often than not, expect it for tomorrow AM.

positron wrote: »
    We have seen reports of parcels getting from Belfast to motels in around 5 hours, but more often than not, expect it for tomorrow AM.

Even if tomorrow is saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

ION08 wrote: »
    Even if tomorrow is saturday?

Yes.

ION08 wrote: »
    Hi,

First time using parcel motel (needed to buy sonething but seller would only ship to UK address) so i gave the Antrim address

The parcel arrived in belfast this morning (Friday) at 11am

Just wondering from other peoples experience, how long it takes for the parcel to get to From Belfast centre to my local Parcel Motel in Dublin??

Thanks

UPDATE:

My parcel arrived last night at ~ 9pm! (same day)

Excellent service, also very impressed that they operate outside of 9-5 hours and on Saturday.

Definitely gets a thumbs up!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭markfinn

markfinn wrote: »
    Bit of a disappointment for me today as a first time user of the service.

Got the email & SMS, said parcel was oversized, go to Finglas depot.
    Not a problem. It's as close as the swords site anyway.
    SMS said open till 11pm, so went a bit late after work to avoid the rush hour.
    Got there just before 7, bloke at the counter went for a look, came back 15 minutes later to tell me "The lads have gone home coz it's 7".

Anyone know if that's business as normal, in which case they need to update their alerts, or are they just mucking about?

A follow up on this.
    I received a call the next day apologising for the problem (Folks finishing shift without their next shift cover arriving), assuring me that it would never happen again and gifting me several free deliveries.

More than made up for I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0007XHGHA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
    Just a quick question, will this fit in the largest parcel motel locker?

Hard to say, if amazon does not put it in a ridiculously huge box -which they sometimes do- it probably will fit. Didn't see any dimensions on amazon so it's a guess. If it doesn't fit I doubt there will be any extra charge to pick it up at your local nightline depot.
    Just wondering though, since amazon ship free direct to ROI for any item over £25 why use PM? (nothing against using PM of course).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Just wondering though, since amazon ship free direct to ROI for any item over £25 why use PM? (nothing against using PM of course).

Sometimes Amazon will not ship to ROI, or a 3rd party seller will not ship to ROI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Yeah its a third party seller so there's no free shipping to Ireland, I just found the dimensions of the box and they are 24.5 x 35.5 x 44.5 cm so yeah if amazon were to stick it in a bigger box it more than likely wont fit and There is no nightline depot near me as far as I know.

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Sometimes Amazon will not ship to ROI, or a 3rd party seller will not ship to ROI.

I am aware of that, but in this case I clicked on the link (sold by amazon) checked the lowest price incl shipping (amazon) and even went as far as nearly competing an order to see if it would be shipped to ROI, as it did since it was amazon... What did I miss? (except for going though all that to try and help out;-)
    @kevovek which 3rd party seller are you referring to? Is see plenty but all charge more than amazon... flubit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

What did I miss? (except for going though all that to try and help out;-)

If Amazon will ship then you missed nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭seanie27

Guys, I use Parcel Motel and tis a great service. Do you folks know of something similar that provides a US address? anyone used anything like that?
    Thanks
    S

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

seanie27 wrote: »
    Guys, I use Parcel Motel and tis a great service. Do you folks know of something similar that provides a US address? anyone used anything like that?
    Thanks
    S

All US mail forwarding services are silly expensive and you'll be more than likely done for VAT as most of them use UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There is duty on all excisable products from the EU, like perfume coming into ROI, not sure about NI.

What happens if there is VAT and/or Duty due on my item?

Please ensure that any charges payable are paid in advance of delivery. Parcel Motel will not accept responsibility for payment of any VAT or Duty charges due on items delivered. If the postal operator or courier asks for cash on delivery, your item will be refused by us.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭seanie27

Achilles wrote: »
    All US mail forwarding services are silly expensive and you'll be more than likely done for VAT as most of them use UPS.

The stuff I'll be ordering will mainly be books. don't think VAT is applicable or any other charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

seanie27 wrote: »
    don't think VAT is applicable or any other charges.
    Just remember to be checking UK VAT rates. Books do show as zero in the UK too.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/forms-rates/rates/goods-services.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Absoutley excellent got my cat food today from rahney thrilled well done guys you saved me a fortune

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement