Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Just a quick question about large items.

I'm thinking of using Parcel Motel to get a flat pack desk off Amazon (company don't ship to Ireland). The thing weighs ~50kg, so according to the PM site, I'll be charged €10.50+(€7*2) for delivery here. I'm just wondering what happens when the package arrives at the depot in Newtownabbey? Do they ring me and ask where to deliver it or should I ring them? And should I top up my account on the site now to preempt the charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

I think you missed the bit about dimensional weight. Any idea how big the package is gonna be? I'll have a guess: 130x60x30cm makes a dimensional weight of 78kg, and I think that's being conservative... So the charge will be €17.5 (or more).
    See this bit:
    "Where dimensional weight exceeds actual weight you will be charged based on the dimensional weight of your parcel. To calculate the dimensional weight of your parcel(s) multiply the dimensions of each parcel in cm then divide by 3000."
    Here http://www.parcelmotel.com/howmuch.html
    They won't contact you until the package is in finglas unless you need to top-up (not required if you have a card registered on your account). Then you can have the package forwarded to a local nightline depot (no charge) or pay a further charge to have it delivered to any address.

Damn, in my haste I hadn't factored in the dimensional weight...

No idea how big the packing will be. Desk is 120X80 for it's biggest panel. Looks like this is a no go so.

Thanks for the help.

With those dimensions I'd say the dimensional weight would be over 100kg, so that would be at least €28...
    You could try deliverme.ie but they have additional charges for (actual) weight over 25kg iirc.

flyguy wrote: »
    With those dimensions I'd say the dimensional weight would be over 100kg, so that would be at least €28...
    You could try deliverme.ie but they have additional charges for (actual) weight over 25kg iirc.

Yeah, my estimate says it could be classed as 128KG+, and given I was looking to get PM to ship it to the house, the shipping would be more expensive than the desk. :pac:

Thanks for the deliverme tip. Had never heard of them. Will get a quote off them and see how I get on (they only have a set price of €22 for 25KG on their site).

Thanks again. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Any idea when royal mail usually checks in at Belfast? Ordered an item from a seller on amazon and it was shipped via second class mail on Monday. Was expecting it to arrive at parcel motel today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Any idea when royal mail usually checks in at Belfast? Ordered an item from a seller on amazon and it was shipped via second class mail on Monday. Was expecting it to arrive at parcel motel today.

It'll arrive when it arrives. My stuff usually gets checked in between 12 and 1pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Achilles wrote: »
    It'll arrive when it arrives. My stuff usually gets checked in between 12 and 1pm.

If it arrives in Belfast tomorrow, will it be at my chosen motel for saturday?

Just to say thanks again. DeliverMe quoted €45 to deliver it to my house. PM would have most likely wanted that much for me to collect it at a Nightline Depot and double to ship to the house, so you've save me a nice chunk of money. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MichB2012

Silly question, you know the way Parcel Motel normally put a picture up? If theres no picture does that mean the item is oversized? Only happened me once before and it was an oversized item but its happened again today and Im just wondering now is this too? Parcel normally shows 'in transit' from around 7pm, but still at 11pm it is only showing 'checked in' in belfast (im in dublin)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I ordered an item from Ebay and to my surprise it was in parcel motel the next day (you forget how good delivery is in the UK!).

Only I had no money in my bank account that day so the €3.50 wasnt taken.

I emailed and the reply was that they would try again within 48hrs. this is now up and the money still hasnt been take.

Do you think they expected me to top up? And is the minimum really €10.50 for top up?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MichB2012

U dont need to top up..if u have ur debit card linked to it they just take the €3.50 from ur account..sometimes it takes a few days to go thru

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Thanks for that, I just checked there and the parcel is in transit, it was 4 days later but not really an issue, it was my fault anyway they I didnt have the money.

Great service again from parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Hiya.

I have a package en route to newry but left out my personal id number....do you think that is going to be a problem??

Have pm them on fb but no reply as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭positron

You should probably email the customer support. I once had a package come in without PMID, but they somehow managed to match it to my name, not sure if my name is/was unique in their database or not, perhaps it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I emailed PM and they very quickly advised that a package with no id was received in Antrim and was on it's way to where it would be matched with my name and delivered. Got notification of delivery last night. Top notch service

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭5littleangels

Hi, has anyone ever ordered off the next.co.uk website using the Parcel Motel address? I would love to place an order as they have much more stock listed than the Irish next website. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Love to know this too but I tried and needed a UK address tried parcel motels didn't work though???
    Hi, has anyone ever ordered off the next.co.uk website using the Parcel Motel address? I would love to place an order as they have much more stock listed than the Irish next website. Thanks

Ok so i emailed customer service and ses should be easy enough to assign parcel with no pmid....
    Checked parcel tracking on hermes website as still not delivered but then realised i have one letter wrong on postcode...agh! What will happem? Should have been delivered yesterday.

I'd say it will be delivered if maybe with a bit of delay... About the postcode; you wouldn't have used BT36 4PE instead of BT36 4PX (or the other way around) because they both work.

• Advertisement

I'd say it will be delivered if maybe with a bit of delay... About the postcode; you wouldn't have used BT36 4PE instead of BT36 4PX (or the other way around) because they both work.

Yes i did exactly that! Whats story with them both working? And why did i do it!!??

Some websites autocorrect postcodes, that's probably what happened. So the postcode you used is not wrong, they are both fine to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,906 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Had a packet checked into Belfast at 9.11am on Saturday morning (with photo on ParcelMotel account), and still no sign of it in my local PM box.

Should it have been here by now surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Basq wrote: »
    Had a packet checked into Belfast at 9.11am on Saturday morning (with photo on ParcelMotel account), and still no sign of it in my local PM box.
    Possibly delays due to riots?

Sort of off topic but has anybody seen the PM TV ads. If I only had seen them I would never have copped on what it was, i.e. the advantage of getting UK postal prices.

rubadub wrote: »
    Possibly delays due to riots?
    Ah, didn't think of that.
    rubadub wrote: »
    Sort of off topic but has anybody seen the PM TV ads. If I only had seen them I would never have copped on what it was, i.e. the advantage of getting UK postal prices.
    I've noticed a few sites / advertisements for PM completely neglecting the whole UK postal price benefit and just focus on the advantage of being able to pick up your parcel when it suits you / when you're not at home.

Little bizarre alright.. but maybe the whole UK post address thing is a little complex to put in a brief advertisement.

e.g

"By using our service, you can benefit from getting UK postal prices..."

OK.. tell me more! :)

"Simply use your Parcel Motel ID with our Northern Ireland address.."

Wha? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

but maybe the whole UK post address thing is a little complex to put in a brief advertisement.
    +1, indeed

The ad could be something like

"By using our service, you can benefit from getting UK postal prices... go to parcelmotel.com for more info"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

Should it have been here by now surely?

Same here , Website now says in Transit , Things seem to be slowing down a bit

Mine's still as "CheckedIn" in Belfast since Saturday morning..

.. will wait to see if I get a status update tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

This post has been deleted.
    Yeah, I actually topped up a few days ago and they took the €3.50 off my account when it arrived into Belfast.

Will pop them an e-mail now so.

EDIT: Actually.. was just updated at 9:51pm tonight to 'In Transit' - so all's good I'd say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement