Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Craazysteve

Hi, my apologies if this has been covered before, but i can't find it in the faq's or from searching this thread.
    Trying to add the UK address to my amazon.co.uk account, amazon forces the address to say "nightline" rather than "parcel motel", will this cause any issues? (i've added my pmID to the name field so the only line it wont accept is "parcel motel" {i know nightline run it, but it's not the exact address they suggest so don't want to cause issues unnecessarily} )

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I haven't used amazon, but I know the essential bit is the PMID, and with the postal code you should be fine, it is probably a known nightline courier depot anyway and no doubt the postal workers are very familiar with it.

I ended up having to have this as my paypal address

rubadub
    Parcel Motel PM30xxxxx
    1A McKinney Road
    Antrim
    Newtownabbey
    BT36 4PE

rather than what they issued me

rubadub
    Parcel Motel
    PM30xxxxx

1A McKinney Road
    Antrim
    Newtownabbey
    BT36 4PE

When I registered I thought it was bizarre that a courier company, with an online service, were seemingly totally oblivious to the trouble multi-line addresses cause when ordering stuff online with limited address fields. Have any of the people who set it up even ordered online before!?!

EDIT: I see now if you enter BT36 4PE in google you get
    Nightline
    1A McKinney Road
    Mallusk
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

So when it lands in there the nightline guys will obviously recognise the PMID bit. I expect amazon must have a built in postal code recognition system or something, to force the address.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

Hi my account has been suspended :confused: with parcel motel no reason given, I have sent in ID & proof of address but was told the parcels may be returned to sender?

I find this strange, I have already received two items in parcel motel, now it says my address is invalid or not complete...

I do feel like I have done something wrong when I have not...

Anyone else have this issue?
    Is is random security checks?
    Will I have to re-order the items?

Very confused :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I need to switch my destination motel to a Dunlin one (from a Cork one) next week, I just want to be sure that this doesn't trigger some suspicions of fraudulent activity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I need to switch my destination motel to a Dunlin one (from a Cork one) next week, I just want to be sure that this doesn't trigger some suspicions of fraudulent activity.

No, I don't think there will be any issue with that, it is handy if you are going away and want a relative or friend to collect something and there is a different parcel motel closer to them.

They must be getting busier as well, as before this week I had never seen anyone else getting a parcel from my local parcel motel, I pass it quite regularly, but noticed people collecting stuff from it twice this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Does it generally take long for a package to appear on your PM online once it's received in Antrim?

Been tracking a package (Amazon) and looks like it arrived in PM this morning. No sign of it on PM online yet... Hoping to get it to my selected PM by tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

FYI looks like there is a bit of a delay before the package comes online on the PM system.

Mine showed up late afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AdamC4

Hi guys I'm looking to get something shipped to me in Ireland from America. Is this possible? What address do I use to do so?

• Advertisement

Yeah it's being sent by a friend in america so what do I do? I've paid him through paypal

****. He said there was an error with the address that I gave him (which was the finglas address) so I've given him my local PM address and the Antrim address.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ash777

Hi,

I'm just trying to change my Parcel Motel address to a Northern Ireland one - Antrim or Belfast - but it doesn't appear to come up in the drop-down menu for choosing. Does anyone know what the Northern Ireland ones appear as in the location drop=down menu? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ash777

To get an item delivered to Northern Ireland (company doesn't ship to southern Ireland), do you keep your Parcel Motel address the same on your account, and just put the Antrim one below down as your address for delivery, and it's sent to your local Parcel Motel?

From the website:
    Is there a UK address I can use to avail of free UK delivery?

Yes. Simply give the Parcel Motel UK Address (below) as your delivery address and your parcel will arrive at your local Parcel Motel in Ireland. All you will need to pay is the Parcel Motel transaction charge.

Your Name
    Your PM ID
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Rd
    Newtownabbey
    BT36 4PE

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

ash777 wrote: »
    To get an item delivered to Northern Ireland (company doesn't ship to southern Ireland), do you keep your Parcel Motel address the same on your account, and just put the Antrim one below down as your address for delivery, and it's sent to your local Parcel Motel?

Yes, you've answered your own question. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

Ordered from one of Amazons suppliers on 13/7 and was advised same was dispatched 15/7. As no delivery was showing on PM today I contacted the supplier who advised me that same was delivered to PM on the 17/7 and copied me the delivery confirmation,

I then contacted PM customer service dept and within 1 hour I received a response stating that as no name or ref no was included in the address on the parcel it was delayed but undertook to locate the parcel with 48 hours.

One hour later I was advised that it had been located and this evening it has been delivered to local PM - very impressed with how this was resolved

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Trying to get my head around this but If i want something delivered to Ireland.Must i first enter the newtownabbey one as the delivery address? and then they will ship it to my local PM?

How much will it cost €3.50 or €7?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 ouch

Having a spot of bother with shipping a Tesco Direct order via Parcel Motel.

Due to a combination of the Tesco Direct site being utterly inflexible, and Tesco Direct staff not being able to offer me a reliable workaround, there's a strong possibility my order went to the Newtownabbey address without my PM number.

One the one hand, i don't want send staff off on a extended search, on the other hand, Is it going to fall into a black hole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Ordered from CheapSmells and am now unsure if the box it arrives in will be too big for a PM locker, if it is, what will happen?

Stupidly didn't think of this before ordering! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

Anyone else having trouble specifically with FedEx parcels?

Based on tracking I know they have arrived at PM, being signed for S HOLDEN, and then PM misplace them and I end up having to chase ParcelMotel to locate.

This happened to me for the first time in mid June and has just happened again now. Package signed for on the 24th no photo and no record of it when I called their customer service. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

I have lost a parcel like that too. It wasn't fed ex but another courier through ebay whom I had dealt with lots of times successfully.
    It was signed for by parcel motel but never turned up in searches. They said that the correct PMID number must not have been on it but that is hardly the case as I had dealt with the seller before.

Parcel motel offered a refund of the value of the item but not the postage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

donnacha wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble specifically with FedEx parcels?

Based on tracking I know they have arrived at PM, being signed for S HOLDEN, and then PM misplace them and I end up having to chase ParcelMotel to locate.

This happened to me for the first time in mid June and has just happened again now. Package signed for on the 24th no photo and no record of it when I called their customer service. Very frustrating.
    juneg wrote: »
    I have lost a parcel like that too. It wasn't fed ex but another courier through ebay whom I had dealt with lots of times successfully.
    It was signed for by parcel motel but never turned up in searches. They said that the correct PMID number must not have been on it but that is hardly the case as I had dealt with the seller before.

Parcel motel offered a refund of the value of the item but not the postage

Its sort of different to your scenario and I'm fairly sure they'll find it in time - its the delay that is killing me, and having to contact them last month and this month is frustrating. Once you pass them the tracking details they are able to check the security cameras to identify the package.

The reason I'm asking about FedEx is that when I spoke with the customer service rep this morning and mentioned it was again another FedEx parcel which I'd paid 48 hr delivery for she mentioned something about Nightline being FedEx's partner in Ireland. I'm wondering does this sort of explain it i.e. Fedex arrive and 99% of the gear isn't for ParcelMotel customers, rather its for Nightline to deliver separately and therefore doesn't get put in the right cage/bin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Anyone noticed that if you get something delivered to the north it comes a lot faster than if you get it delivered to the republic.

• Yes Jumboman. I'm considering using PM's address for the majority of my UK orders even the ones that could be sent to ROI. It's probably old news since I remember people taking out Amazon Prime memberships and using the next day delivery in conjunction with PM at the start of this mega-thread. Slightly more expensive but stuff comes super quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Ordered from CheapSmells and am now unsure if the box it arrives in will be too big for a PM locker, if it is, what will happen?

Stupidly didn't think of this before ordering! :o

If it oversized you'll get a msg and you can pick it up in finglas or another nightline depot (shouldn't be a charge if not a really heavy or big parcel), all in the FAQ on PM website. Cheap smells?! Sounds like perfume, think I read they're maybe a problem getting that through PM, or maybe it was about duty....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

flyguy wrote: »
    If it oversized you'll get a msg and you can pick it up in finglas or another nightline depot (shouldn't be a charge if not a really heavy or big parcel), all in the FAQ on PM website. Cheap smells?! Sounds like perfume, think I read they're maybe a problem getting that through PM, or maybe it was about duty....

Finglas? Ah crap, I'm about two hours away from there! Aw man!

Its perfume and make up (not mine though!).

Balls anyway!

Cheers for your help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

ouch wrote: »
    Due to a combination of the Tesco Direct site being utterly inflexible, and Tesco Direct staff not being able to offer me a reliable workaround, there's a strong possibility my order went to the Newtownabbey address without my PM number.

Is the problem site not accepting numbers in the name field? Others -like me- have suggested spelling them eg PM1234= PM ONE TWO THREE FOUR
    Also some sites won't accept it initially but let you modify the address on the "checkout" page.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement