Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

I hope you're joking...
    Achilles wrote: »
    Might have a bit of trouble fitting that in your local motel. ;-)

No I'm deadly serious. Need a pallet of goods delivered.

Have a supplier in the UK, but they only deliver to N. Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Using PM for this is like taking out a mortgage with wonga.com. In theory it'll work but its not whats its for and you will pay millions (an exaggeration in the case of PM)

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Using PM for this is like taking out a mortgage with wonga.com. In theory it'll work but its not whats its for and you will pay millions (an exaggeration in the case of PM)

Think you're right. There's other courier services for this, and will work out cheaper. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

moonboy52 wrote: »
    With the free shipping over 25GBP from Amazon a thing of the past, PM's business is going to pick up i would imagine.

I don't know how i picked up that idea. I per-ordered a 30GBP game and there was no super saver delivery option. I googled it and i saw some chatter about free delivery had been cancelled.

I must have picked it up wrong :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

moonboy52 wrote: »
    I don't know how i picked up that idea. I per-ordered a 30GBP game and there was no super saver delivery option. I googled it and i saw some chatter about free delivery had been cancelled.

I must have picked it up wrong :o

Amazon introduced a 10GBP minimum on Super Saver deliveries for UK customers on 23rd July - certain categories are exempted though. They sent me email:
    We wanted to let you know that Amazon.co.uk has introduced a £10 minimum spend to qualify for Free Super Saver Delivery in a number of product categories, effective 23 July 2013.
    Orders that include books, DVDs, Blu-rays, music, video games and software products continue to qualify for Free Super Saver Delivery with no minimum spend threshold.

This affects anyone using the NI Parcel Motel address as well.

Lads just one thing to be aware of when buying off amazon, I placed 1 order for 3 items and Selected group them together for shipping, but they have shipped each item individually which mean's I have to pay for 3 stays with Parcel Motel :(

I had the opposite thing happen - two separate orders made the same day were despatched in the one box. 3.50eur saving, thanks Amazon!

At first I thought PM had done it as there were two notifications from Amazon that the orders had been sent. Later copped on that the tracking numbers were the same for both, hence one box only.:rolleyes:

No reason why not. A bit expensive at 3.50eur for each and every one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Get the pallet picked up...?

http://tpn.ie/

http://www.shiply.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

I got an email at about 1AM on Saturday saying my parcel was ready. Does that mean I have until 1AM Monday to pick it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

anyone know if an item of this size would fit into one of the lockers, and if so how much would it cost roughly for a stay? The weight says 71kg

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Outdoor-and-Sports/Playcentres/Little-Tikes-8in1-Playground%280033947%29

• Registered Users Posts: 22,316 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Trilla90 wrote: »
    anyone know if an item of this size would fit into one of the lockers, and if so how much would it cost roughly for a stay? The weight says 71kg

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Outdoor-and-Sports/Playcentres/Little-Tikes-8in1-Playground%280033947%29
    Not unless it is a Barbie playcentre! :)

You need to go to www.parcelmotel.com and check how much it will cost - it will either be based on weight or what they call dimensional weight. Either way it will cost more than the standard €3.50!

You will either have to collect it from a depot or pay extra to have it delivered to you by Nightline.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Trilla90 wrote: »

Toys r Us delivery to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

"Direct from supplier, up to 14 working days. This item cannot be delivered to Northern Ireland or Southern Ireland."

Parcel Motel can't do it so ... a shame, great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭niallharty

Do you need to bring ID with you when you collect your parcel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

niallharty wrote: »
    Do you need to bring ID with you when you collect your parcel?

No. There's no one there, (just the muggers lurking) :)

You key in your phone number which seems to be your ID really, and the code they will have texted you, and the screen tells you which box has just opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,316 ✭✭✭✭Esel

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    No. There's no one there, (just the muggers lurking) :)

You key in your phone number which seems to be your ID really, and the code they will have texted you, and the screen tells you which box has just opened.
    I think the question was about collecting from a depot (oversize parcels etc.).

The answer to that (as stated by Fred Swanson) is "Apparently not!".

A bit lax if you ask me - unless they ask you for your PM id at least. Can anyone confirm?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Get the pallet picked up...?

http://tpn.ie/

http://www.shiply.com/

Cheers Kenny, just saw your post now.

Will look into this!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭leanbh

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

leanbh wrote: »

The correct code is BT36 4PE ... they gave both codes initially saying because the building was on a corner both would apply, but some sellers (postcode checkers) have refused 4PX in the past. I've also ditched the 'parcel motel' line - it adds nothing to the delivery beyond improving name recognition for the service, but I'm sure it raises suspicions in a few seller's minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Very good that would make sense iv jeans hopefully coming from a uk seller ( don't post to Ireland) and used parcel motel so be interesting to see!!

So Fred how exactly would u put your address say on eBay for non delivery to Ireland like to add it to my eBay account great idea and I'd say your right too people are a bit iffy about the address I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Great service this, bit worried in case anything ever goes into a high locker as I'm too short to reach, but otherwise great!

Ha ha just.grab someone near ya and ask " you wouldn't mind would you"

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement