Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

This post has been deleted.
    :confused: Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

With regards to eBay, I can only think a seller may be reluctant to ship to PM if they don't know what it is. There's no risk in it for them; if the seller has shipped to the address you provided (PM) and delivery was signed for (by PM) the buyer has no come-back to the seller (or PayPal) if something happens after PM signs for it.
    As for buying stuff, if a seller doesn't mention details about shipping and just quotes a price for UK or NI don't go and ask if it's ok to use PM. If it isn't the seller has to mention this in the ad. They cannot refuse to ship (or charge more for NI) if nothing was mentioned, if they try just reply they can't do this and if required (threaten to) raise a dispute with eBay. Usually this will get the item shipped asap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Has anyone bought tablets from Amazon through PM? Was thinking of getting an iPad mini, its says with box it's 599g. Just afraid because sometimes the size of the Amazon boxes are huge in comparison to the product you're buying. Would it fit into the Parcel Model's boxes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Great service this, bit worried in case anything ever goes into a high locker as I'm too short to reach, but otherwise great!

It happened!!!

Luckily the parcel was right at the front of the locker and with a bit of jumping I was able to snag the edge of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭TheWaterboy

rubadub wrote: »
    :confused: Why?

I refuse to ship to ParcelMotel addresses due to the amount of fraudulent orders I receive from customers with these addresses. I learned the hard way though and had a couple of costly charge-backs. I have contacted Parcel Motel on numerous occasions and have yet not received a call back from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I refuse to ship to ParcelMotel addresses due to the amount of fraudulent orders I receive from customers with these addresses. I learned the hard way though and had a couple of costly charge-backs. I have contacted Parcel Motel on numerous occasions and have yet not received a call back from them

How would that be any different than any other address? I'm not disagreeing with you just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

AntiRip wrote: »
    Has anyone bought tablets from Amazon through PM? Was thinking of getting an iPad mini, its says with box it's 599g. Just afraid because sometimes the size of the Amazon boxes are huge in comparison to the product you're buying. Would it fit into the Parcel Model's boxes?

I had a laptop from Amazon delivered to my local Parcel Motel this morning, so there should be no issue with a tablet. PM have a few different sized boxes anyway. Great service, I've used up my free goes but I'll be using them again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Can you elaborate on this? Do you not wait for payment before sending the item? I'm not clear where the scam is here?

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

No, checkin has always happened between 12:00 and 14:30 for me, 10 different parcels or so in the last 10 months. One just came through at 12:27, which is earlier than most I've had in the past. The ones I could track were indeed delivered in the early morning.

I think they just get a lot of deliveries and it takes them a while to process them. As they take a picture and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Likely the downside of customising your PMID to BOX****** ?

Have you had to chase down any misplaced items or have they refused to forward anything yet due to the mislabeling?

Bit of an odd question. I bought a Vax Grimemaster (stay away, folks!) from Amazon recently and a tiny bit of the casing broke on it under the steam release button. Anyway, I have the authorization to return it. I have its original packaging. Do I put my Parcel Motel address on the return label? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

styron wrote: »

Have you had to chase down any misplaced items or have they refused to forward anything yet due to the mislabeling?

I bought an item from eBay and had it shipped to PM the seller never put my pm I.D on the package and it still arrived without delay :)

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Bit of an odd question. I bought a Vax Grimemaster (stay away, folks!) from Amazon recently and a tiny bit of the casing broke on it under the steam release button. Anyway, I have the authorization to return it. I have its original packaging. Do I put my Parcel Motel address on the return label? Thanks in advance.

Get Amazon to send the replacement to your home address. If it's the Vax4 for £29.59 there was no need for Parcel Motel in the first place - Super Saver free delivery to the UK applies to Ireland if the order is over £25.

Even for 3rd party sellers, I'd get them to post it directly to you - why should you be out of pocket twice to rectify a replacement/repair?

Get Amazon to send the replacement to your home address. If it's the Vax4 for £29.59 there was no need for Parcel Motel in the first place - Super Saver free delivery to the UK applies to Ireland if the order is over £25.

Even for 3rd party sellers, I'd get them to post it directly to you - why should you be out of pocket twice to rectify a replacement/repair?

Thanks for the reply, styron. It was £24 ish a few weeks ago when I bought it, so it didn't qualify. I'm not as familiar with amazon as ebay :o and have never had to return anything I have bought online before. I'm going to get a refund as its not worth replacing. X5 mop here I come!

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, styron. It was £24 ish a few weeks ago when I bought it, so it didn't qualify. I'm not as familiar with amazon as ebay :o and have never had to return anything I have bought online before. I'm going to get a refund as its not worth replacing. X5 mop here I come!

From today Aldi have a 1.5KW (powerful) with three year warranty for €39.99 ... no reviews here but they sold out sharpish in April

Comments/ reviews from HDUK last time & currently

They're no quibble on warranties with receipts in ALDI/LIDL , so it's kinda riskless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭chopsey

does anyone use parcel Motel for oversized deliveries often? how would they be with stuff like a Pallet?

some of the shipping fees from the UK for Pallets can be very very expensive but i was wondering would PM be an option i could use to get them here cheaper?

chopsey wrote: »
    does anyone use parcel Motel for oversized deliveries often? how would they be with stuff like a Pallet?

some of the shipping fees from the UK for Pallets can be very very expensive but i was wondering would PM be an option i could use to get them here cheaper?

Not really practical with dimensional weight you're looking at €1047 minimum per cubic metre (333KG's) pickup from your nearest nightline depot and double that to deliver to your door (or if you overstay your two days in the depot :pac: ).

http://www.parcelmotel.com/howmuch.html

Kenny Logins posted a couple of pick up option links a few pages back

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056698663&page=229

Not really practical with dimensional weight you're looking at €1047 minimum per cubic metre (333KG's) pickup from your nearest nightline depot and double that to deliver to your door (or if you overstay your two days in the depot :pac: ).

http://www.parcelmotel.com/howmuch.html

Kenny Logins posted a couple of pick up option links a few pages back

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056698663&page=229

according to the website (thanks for the link) the dimensional weight of 1 cubic meter is 333KGs minus the initial allowance of 35KGs is 298KGs then divide that by 10KGs to get how many €3.50's you will be charged (29) which is €104.5 + the original €3.50 would be (anyone! anyone!) €108

a cubic meter is a lot of space to be fair so i'm not sure i'd ever reach that level.

i might try one and see how it goes

this does not include the cost of getting the pallet to belfast either.........

Get the pallet picked up...?

http://tpn.ie/

http://www.shiply.com/

great options here thanks Kenny

chopsey wrote: »
    ... 298KGs then divide that by 10KGs to get how many €3.50's you will be charged (29) which is €104.5 + the original €3.50 would be (anyone! anyone!) ....

Strongly resists urge to put up hand ... in case I stab my arm with the dunce's cap. I will of course fully blame my calculator shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭big_drive

I've used Parcel Motel now on 27 occasions. Each time has been super, the money i've saved has been great. Its made it so easy for shopping online

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

So long as the name is unique surely. What happens if the ID is left off and there are multiple people registered with the same name as you? Do they start ringing around or wait for you to contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

In that case might be wise to register yourself with a middle initial and use that when ordering.
    Or better yet give yourself a crazy middle name e.g. Austin DANGER Powers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Hey guys, just moved to Dublin and after just 4 days I'm getting a replacement UPC modem sent out already. (I'm keeping faith this was a fluke :P )

Anyway, I'm stating my new job too, and would rather not get that delivered to my workplace on my first day.

Basically wondering whats the most central parcel motel in dublin? I work and live in the city centre

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement