Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

El Inho wrote: »
    Hey guys, just moved to Dublin and after just 4 days I'm getting a replacement UPC modem sent out already. (I'm keeping faith this was a fluke :P )

Anyway, I'm stating my new job too, and would rather not get that delivered to my workplace on my first day.

Basically wondering whats the most central parcel motel in dublin? I work and live in the city centre

Thanks!

http://www.parcelmotel.com/locations.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

?Cee?view wrote: »

yeah i spotted that and it wasnt working...

turns out my dropbox was connecting like crazy and slowing down my browser.whoops

thought there'd be one in the city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 1 irishdude1515

Did anyone else get a text saying you would get a free welcome gift :D... and then not get it? I have my own order but nothing free :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

My hubby accidentally let one expire last week and got a reminder text after the 48 hours. He was charged for another stay. I don't know how long they would do that for before returning to sender.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

My parcel checked in in Belfast on Saturday, but there's still no sign of it here in Cork. :( Anyone else experience similar delays?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Aka Ishur wrote: »
    My parcel checked in in Belfast on Saturday, but there's still no sign of it here in Cork. :( Anyone else experience similar delays?

It was a UK bank holiday yesterday don't forget so I doubt anybody would have been able to pick up from the depo yesterday as it would have been closed. The depo in Belfast that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

Ah yes of course. My bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

El Inho wrote: »
    yeah i spotted that and it wasnt working...

turns out my dropbox was connecting like crazy and slowing down my browser.whoops

thought there'd be one in the city centre

There is one on Amiens Street if thats any help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

There's also one at the Spar at Grand Canal Quay. I know it's a bit of a walk from central town but it's not too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Aka Ishur wrote: »

Yeah, I had something arrive in Belfast on Saturday that is still showing up as being in Belfast. Emailed yesterday and was told it was in Finglas as oversized, so drove up lastnight to be told it's not there and would be in my motel this morning. No sign, still showing as in Belfast :confused:

Another parcel arrived in NI yesterday morning too and no change.

A little sloppy lately by their usual good standards.

EDIT: ahhhh forgot about the bank holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 43,906 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just popped them an e-mail about this but it's probably been answered somewhere on thread.. but 88 pages is too much for a quick browse.

An item I ordered (Nexus 4) was checked-in there at 1.51pm today.

There was no credit in my account at the time of checking-in but I've since topped up - will this come through as normal tonight or is there anything else I need to do? Still says 'CheckedIn' on website.

Are you charged at time of check-in or are you charged when item is delivered?

Was unsure as to when or how they reject an item for an account with no credit? Couldn't see a mention in the FAQ on the site.

EDIT: Never mind.. someone got in touch saying:
    This should be processed for you within the next 24 hours and go out to your chosen motel shortly after.

We do not reject items if you have no credit, as we will keep attempting to check them in.

If there is customs duty owed on parcels to the courier, then we will not pay this and may refuse the parcel.

Very quick and professional response.. Parcel Motel continues to impress!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭AH92

Any delays atm for parcel motel? Item shipped last Tuesday, Must just be slow ass royal mail if that's the case :L

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

AH92 wrote: »
    Any delays atm for parcel motel? Item shipped last Tuesday, Must just be slow ass royal mail if that's the case :L

I got an item posted Tuesday from Glasgow in my motel last night

Also, any chance of a few more motels around Dublin city centre. Maybe the 24 hour spars/centra shops. Would be good for both businesses. People may buy something walking through the shop to the motel. Also there's not many around heuston station which has huge numbers of people passing through

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭AH92

Slunk wrote: »
    I got an item posted Tuesday from Glasgow in my motel last night
    Ahh good to hear it's not parcel motel, Got it from amazon... Should be in Belfast tomorrow fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

AH92 wrote: »
    Ahh good to hear it's not parcel motel, Got it from amazon... Should be in Belfast tomorrow fingers crossed.

Two items I ordered from amazon took over a week
    one to package to motel and one to the house
    A guy in a sports car delivered one today at around 3:30pm which i thought was very strange something to do with there shipping carrier iparcel who ever they are

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭emo72

i have a parcel sitting in belfast for the last 2 days, its marked "in transit",but its still in belfast. this never happened before.

checked in on thursday at 1114, usually it would be down in my motel at 2330 that evening. its still sitting there. whats happening?

• Advertisement

emo72 wrote: »
    i have a parcel sitting in belfast for the last 2 days, its marked "in transit",but its still in belfast. this never happened before.

checked in on thursday at 1114, usually it would be down in my motel at 2330 that evening. its still sitting there. whats happening?

Yeah, the same has just happened me, I emailed this morning and was told that the Parcel Motel it was supposed to go to was full so it came back on the delivery truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I bought a book from eBay last week and the seller sent it signed for, shouldn't be a problem for that to go parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

It said that it was signed for yesterday on parcelforce tracking info page but there's nothing showing up on parcelmotel yet, am I'm just not giving them enough time to update their systems.

Yeah, its not anything Im dancing around waiting on but I know what you mean. Ive another parcel supposedly checked in since this morning, if they had any sense theyd lump the two into the same locker and charge just one stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭emo72

no. mobile phone case. sent them an email to customer support.

all the lockers being full is a new problem.

I made that suggestion this morning and was told they monitor "hot spots" and will be endeavoring to get more parcel motels in in new nearby locations as needed.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement