Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

This post has been deleted.

Indeed, I will be interested to see how regular an occurrence this becomes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Hi, i want to ask before using parcelmotel.

What's the most blurays/dvds allowed in the size of the delivery & can i recommend someone & vice versa for a free stay, as i read on the site,
    Remember, if you recommend a friend and they mention your PMID when registering, you can earn a free stay for every friend you refer.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

QUOTE=Patty O Furniture;86347105]Hi, i want to ask before using parcelmotel.

What's the most blurays/dvds allowed in the size of the delivery.[/QUOTE]

Some questions here beggar belief!

Surely you know he size of a Bly/ray or DVD jewel case? You get the max. locker size from the PM site. Allow for packaging and bubblewrap etc., ensure repackage is less than 10 kg. and, as the Yanks love to say:

DO THE MATH!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

spider_pig wrote: »
    Two items I ordered from amazon took over a week
    one to package to motel and one to the house
    A guy in a sports car delivered one today at around 3:30pm which i thought was very strange something to do with there shipping carrier iparcel who ever they are

That was the Ferrari service. Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

TomOnBoard wrote: »

Allow for packaging and bubblewrap etc., ensure repackage is less than 10 kg. and, as the Yanks love to say:

DO THE MATH!

Well that's the problem right there. I once I got book that was in a box you could fit a PC tower. My biggest worry ordering items from Amazon through PM is the size of the box Amazon will use! No way of telling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Hi, i want to ask before using parcelmotel.

What's the most blurays/dvds allowed in the size of the delivery.

Some questions here beggar belief!

Surely you know he size of a Bly/ray or DVD jewel case? You get the max. locker size from the PM site. Allow for packaging and bubblewrap etc., ensure repackage is less than 10 kg. and, as the Yanks love to say:

DO THE MATH!

Thanks for your helpful comments!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭emo72

my nexus phones are there since monday lunch time, but they cant locate them:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

emo72 wrote: »

You're only insured up to €150. Funilly enough a router has gone missing on me since it got to Belfast too.

This service was fantastic but if this is how things are going to be I'm going to have to stop using them...

Just called them there and my package definitely hadn't arrived into Belfast according to them.

Unfortunately the Ebay seller I ordered from is unable to provide me with a tracking number as according to them they send out packages in bulk and don't keep a database of tracking numbers for all packages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement

Been there done that replacement on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭emo72

nathan from parcel motel called me today to say they found them. he did say that it could take up to 48 hours to find them manually, but had them in less than 24. got them down to me quickly too. apparently google has been leaving a load of PMIDs off the names. hence the problem. they resolved the problem in an efficient manner. kudos to nathan and parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭chopsey

chopsey wrote: »
    according to the website (thanks for the link) the dimensional weight of 1 cubic meter is 333KGs minus the initial allowance of 35KGs is 298KGs then divide that by 10KGs to get how many €3.50's you will be charged (29) which is €104.5 + the original €3.50 would be (anyone! anyone!) €108

a cubic meter is a lot of space to be fair so i'm not sure i'd ever reach that level.

i might try one and see how it goes

this does not include the cost of getting the pallet to belfast either.........

ok just to update this. i did get a pallet delivered to my Parcel Motel address.

it cost me £42 for UK delivery or £126 i think to my home address i took the UK delivery of £42 to my PM address

long story short, it arrived in Belfast on the monday as i was able to check the tracking and it was signed for. spent a few days chasing PM to find out when i would get it. i had to be delivered to Finglas so they could measure it.

in the end it cost me €24 to go and collect it from the depot in little island

sounds good to me even if it did take an extra few days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

nathan from parcel motel called me today to say they found them. he did say that it could take up to 48 hours to find them manually, but had them in less than 24. got them down to me quickly too. apparently google has been leaving a load of PMIDs off the names. hence the problem. they resolved the problem in an efficient manner. kudos to nathan and parcel motel.

Nathan sorted me out yesterday as well on a parcel where the PMID had been left out. Great guy to deal with.

Ok so after denying point blank that the package ever made it into them that package from the UK from August 23rd departed Belfast last night and arrived into my Parcel Motel.

I already have a replacement on it's way to my home address for this.

Thanks for the extra hassle Parcel Motel... ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

So, I have a package that was checked into Belfast on Thursday lunchtime (5th) and it's still not in my Killarney PM. I rang them late Friday morning to find out what was going on and they said it should be stored in my PM this morning yet there's no sign of it. Normally they are stored in the PM the morning after they are checked into Belfast which would've been Friday morning.

Has anyone else experienced these kind of delays? Obviously my name and PMID are correct or it wouldn't have been checked into Belfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Toxica wrote: »
    So, I have a package that was checked into Belfast on Thursday lunchtime (5th) and it's still not in my Killarney PM. I rang them late Friday morning to find out what was going on and they said it should be stored in my PM this morning yet there's no sign of it. Normally they are stored in the PM the morning after they are checked into Belfast which would've been Friday morning.

Has anyone else experienced these kind of delays? Obviously my name and PMID are correct or it wouldn't have been checked into Belfast.

Yeah it happened me last week, checked into Belfast on a Thursday morning, no sign of it next day or day after. I emailed on the Sat morning, was told the parcel motel I use had been full so it was returned to Belfast. It was sent out again that day and I collected it on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Ouch, if it gets hit for duty/customs, they'll just refuse it - I'd be worried about that happening.
    Great idea all the same.

:confused:So its a service for EU countries only ??

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

:confused: But if you order from the US customs duty might or might not be due - I find using USPS smaller items will slip through. I just take it as bad luck if I have to pay duty but Parcelmotel will actually refuse to take the package.So its sent to the centre in Portlaoise ?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Yeah it happened me last week, checked into Belfast on a Thursday morning, no sign of it next day or day after. I emailed on the Sat morning, was told the parcel motel I use had been full so it was returned to Belfast. It was sent out again that day and I collected it on Sunday.

Thanks. Messaged PM on Facebook this morning, fair play to Orla, she replied within 30 minutes but doesn't know why my package hasn't been forwarded to my PM and it will be Monday before it can be investigated but they did give me a free stay so can't complain. Hopefully I will receive it on Tuesday. Its a small package so maybe it's got lost somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Not that's not strictly true as you can pay taxes and duty before customs so parcel motel works fine for this as nothing is due when it is delivered to them. This works very well with amazon.com

• Registered Users Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Davy wrote: »
    Not that's not strictly true as you can pay taxes and duty before customs so parcel motel works fine for this as nothing is due when it is delivered to them. This works very well with amazon.com
    I don't think this option (to pay tax and duty via seller) is widely available though - e.g. ordering from China/HK or a private eBay seller outside the EU.

I wouldn't use Parcel Motel for any deliveries originating outside the EU unless the value is genuinely below the exemption limit (€22 I think?). The last thing you need is for your package to be returned to sender....

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Hi,
    What phone number do I give for Amazon UK when using Parcel motel in Antrim?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Esel wrote: »
    I don't think this option (to pay tax and duty via seller) is widely available though - e.g. ordering from China/HK or a private eBay seller outside the EU.

I wouldn't use Parcel Motel for any deliveries originating outside the EU unless the value is genuinely below the exemption limit (€22 I think?). The last thing you need is for your package to be returned to sender....

No I wouldn't either for most orders, but from the sites that allow you prepaid it works perfectly, and can save you money rather than buying from inside EU. I have done it from Amazon.com and worked without issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

thanks, do you just give your mobile number as normal?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement