Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

For someone that doesn't live too near the collection bank, and has to walk there.

Is it possible to request that the few items I have just ordered be held at your Antrim depot until their all there before forwarding.

Just want to avoid two or three walks to collect stuff when one would do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Gonna be ordering off Amazon UK via PM for the first time this week. Just want to make sure I have the Antrim depot addressed right. I have my PM ID put at the start of the address field, does the below look ok?

Screenshot of Amazon delivery with personal details removed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I just have "PM12345, Parcel Motel" in Address Line 1 on Amazon, then "1a McKinney Road" on Address Line 2 and the rest as you have it.

When you save it Amazon will offer you the choice of as you have it typed OR a nightline address from their Geo lookup - do not accept the nightline address because it will wipe your PMID if you so.

Im sure the way you have it done above will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

danjo-xx wrote: »
    For someone that doesn't live too near the collection bank, and has to walk there.

Is it possible to request that the few items I have just ordered be held at your Antrim depot until their all there before forwarding.

Just want to avoid two or three walks to collect stuff when one would do.
    I don't think there is any way to do this. (PM rep no longer replies on Boards btw, so if you want a definitive answer you should contact them directly).

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Derek! wrote: »
    thanks, do you just give your mobile number as normal?
    Best to give the full international version though.

e.g. +353871234567 (if your mobile no. is 087 1234567)

For a landline, just drop the leading zero from your area code and put it and your number after the 353.

e.g.+353219876543 (if your landline no. is 021 9876543)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

I've been reading through this thread and haven't found a definitive answer on this, so hopefully someone can help.
    Hoping to buy some items on ebay from UK (won't deliver to Ireland.
    I can change my Ebay delivery address no problem, but do I also need to change my Paypal address?? If so how is everyone getting around this (not able to change country setting)?
    Have used PM before so very happy with the service and know how it works.
    Thanks in advance guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭toddunctious

bravo wrote: »
    I've been reading through this thread and haven't found a definitive answer on this, so hopefully someone can help.
    I can change my Ebay delivery address no problem, but do I also need to change my Paypal address?? If so how is everyone getting around this (not able to change country setting)?
    Thanks in advance guys.

When you are at PayPal checkout on desktop it lets you put in a different delivery address, but you can't add this in your address book
    It worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Esel wrote: »
    Best to give the full international version though.

e.g. +353871234567 (if your mobile no. is 087 1234567)

For a landline, just drop the leading zero from your area code and put it and your number after the 353.

e.g.+353219876543 (if your landline no. is 021 9876543)
    thanks I must make a note of that for future reference, is it frowned upon at all by companies who know we're using Parcel Motel?
    just wondering cause it says on PM's site to use Parcel Motel in the address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

bravo wrote: »
    Thanks in advance guys.

My paypal.ie account balance is fed by bank transfer - no credit card to verify delivery address so I can't change it. I simply set up a paypal.co.uk account - same name (evidence of bona fides - just in case), but different email and password to avoid accidental use. Gave it my PMID and the Parcel Motel address (without Parcel Motel in the title) and post code. Left the bank details blank and logged off.

I feed it by sterling transfer from my paypal.ie to the specified email address (not payment for goods or services obviously - extra charge).

It updates the paypal.co.uk amount almost instantly, so no need to maintain a significant sterling balance and no issues with any sellers (ebay or others) so far. The only trivial downside is taking the paypal exchange rate at the time of transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

I don't get what all the problems with paypal are. Only very few seller want your payment address the same as shipping address. Just add the PM address to your ebay account and you're done.
    If they want the same address you can just add it to paypal, you probably won't be able to change country but you can ignore that. Just leave Ireland and enter the entire uk address (including UK at the end) so the last line of the address Will read "UK with on the last line Ireland", this always gets ignored anyway. Have done it a few times no problem.
    That's only billing address in paypal btw for shipping address you can change the county.
    All this leaving parcel motel of the address I don't get either, as I said before, if the seller doesn't specify he/she won't ship to certain addresses ebay won't allow them to later change their mind on this (open dispute if they do, or just threaten to usually does it).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I don't know how you guys are making it seem so complicated. Just add PM as a delivery address and buy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Thanks guys for all your input - went ahead and bought thru ebay using paypal without any account changes except delivery address - will post on outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

I ordered something using Parcel Motel, however after tracking it with Royal mail I get the below saying delivered twice a few hours apart, can anyone explain why? 10/09/13 12:54DELIVERED10/09/13NEWTOWNABBEY PDO
    10/09/13 10:19DELIVERED10/09/13NEWTOWNABBEY PDO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I ordered something using Parcel Motel, however after tracking it with Royal mail I get the below saying delivered twice a few hours apart, can anyone explain why? 10/09/13 12:54DELIVERED10/09/13NEWTOWNABBEY PDO
    10/09/13 10:19DELIVERED10/09/13NEWTOWNABBEY PDO

It's broken in half?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

I'm after forgetting my PMID how can I get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Irish_rat wrote: »
    I'm after forgetting my PMID how can I get it?

Login with your email address on their site?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Does parcel motel work with receiving items from UPS and sending them to your locker?

Like will UPS give them the parcel?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Tinie wrote: »
    Does parcel motel work with receiving items from UPS and sending them to your locker?

Like will UPS give them the parcel?

No. I think they just fight, like that scene in Anchorman.

• Advertisement

No. I think they just fight, like that scene in Anchorman.

Ah what I meant was, do couriers work ok with parcel motel, as ive seen some shopping sites say they dont deliver to parcel forwarding services.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Tinie wrote: »
    Ah what I meant was, do couriers work ok with parcel motel, as ive seen some shopping sites say they dont deliver to parcel forwarding services.

I hope you're getting one of these delivered:
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm?r=75&src=ref&ch=dic

In all seriousness though if a company will deliver to your door they'll deliver to Parcel Motel.

The FAQ is right there on the website, and these questions have been answered one hundred bajillion times in this thread.

I may be making that figure up.

Achilles wrote: »
    I hope you're getting one of these delivered:
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm?r=75&src=ref&ch=dic
    It was obvious he was being sarcastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Just got an email to my spam folder, titled Shane Your free stays at Parcel Motel are about to expire in 21 days.
    From; fpd.ie <mail@fpd.ie> via ukrs394972.pur3.net

Email: jQEknx5.png

Maybe this is legit, but I'm not too sure. I recently used €3.50 of my credit to get a NowTV box delivered and have €3.50 remaining in credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Just got an email to my spam folder, titled Shane Your free stays at Parcel Motel are about to expire in 21 days.
    From; fpd.ie <mail@fpd.ie> via ukrs394972.pur3.net

Email: jQEknx5.png

Maybe this is legit, but I'm not too sure. I recently used €3.50 of my credit to get a NowTV box delivered and have €3.50 remaining in credit.

I got the very same email in my spam ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I found one in my spam too

Seems a bit niggardly taking the free stays back, if it's true I'll never use it.

I haven't used them because the nearest motel to me still is almost a 60 Km round trip, despite living in a reasonably sized town.

Luckily my post comes before I go to work and good neighbours to take courier deliveries.

It would be useful for cheaper UK deliveries if there was one nearby.

Seven Worlds will Collide

If it is a scam, then how do they know our names, and that we have PM accounts? Security breach on PM's side?

Also, who are we using as our email providers? I'm using Gmail if it has anything to do with it.
    Maybe this is connected too; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057037707

• Registered Users Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Looked up the domain - registered to a Lorcan Lynch - Sole Trader :confused:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

Looked up the domain - registered to a Lorcan Lynch - Sole Trader :confused:

Indeed, http://who.is/whois/fpd.ie . Not much coming back from a quick Google on him....:confused:

EDIT: Looks like he may be a scammer. Owns this too http://who.is/whois/freeprizedraws.ie/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement