Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Used it today for the 1st time. Very impressed.
    I am wondering if more parcelmotels open up closer how easy is it going to be to change your delivery address

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Just signed up today .
    I have set up an extra address in my amazon account.
    I will be adding my new PM UK address with eBay uk.
    Do I need to do anything with my Paypal account?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tbabit

daytob wrote: »
    Used it today for the 1st time. Very impressed.
    I am wondering if more parcelmotels open up closer how easy is it going to be to change your delivery address

Was wondering about that myself as I noticed they have the lockers at Topaz Newlands Cross but it's not on the site yet, got this from their FAQ,
    "Can I choose more than one Parcel Motel location?
    Your chosen Parcel Motel location is linked to the settings on your Parcel Motel Identification Number (PMID). You can choose one location at a time but you can change your selection by going to your settings and choosing a different location. You can do this as many times as you want but please allow 24hours for the changes to take effect."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

gambiaman wrote: »
    Just signed up now and put through a small order with Amazon. The item couldn't be shipped to Irish address so happy days now through Parcel Motel. I also signed up for the 1 month free Amazon Prime :D. I just hope in the near future we get a depot in the south east near Waterford :)

The UK only delivery is the best part about this service for me.
    Lots of stuff I've looked at and wanted to get but only deliver to the UK, are now open to me.

I've got two of those type deliveries on the way so will post when I pick up and complete this mini-review!

Just back and very smooth experience.
    Got my two items that I couldn't get before as no UK delivery address, bonus with free UK postage.
    Simply key in mobile number then pin and voila. Will definitely be using this again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

tbabit wrote: »
    Was wondering about that myself as I noticed they have the lockers at Topaz Newlands Cross but it's not on the site yet, got this from their FAQ,
    "Can I choose more than one Parcel Motel location?
    Your chosen Parcel Motel location is linked to the settings on your Parcel Motel Identification Number (PMID). You can choose one location at a time but you can change your selection by going to your settings and choosing a different location. You can do this as many times as you want but please allow 24hours for the changes to take effect."

I popped them off an email looking to change my motel to one not listed on the site yet but havent had a reply of yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Placed my first order using this today, ordered an item with 5pound deliverly to uk and delivery price to Ireland? 81gpb! So saved myself a fortune if it all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Just spotted an outdoor unit like parcel motel in a topaz in Kerry.

No graphics on it... just plain blue when i saw it. same screen layout and locker doors.

Is it parcel motel on trial or a different company? :confused:

(i would like to think that parcel motel would roll this out nationwide soon.)

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

Anyone else having problems buying credit on their site ? I can't get past the checkout stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Access wrote: »
    Just spotted an outdoor unit like parcel motel in a topaz in Kerry.

No graphics on it... just plain blue when i saw it. same screen layout and locker doors.

Is it parcel motel on trial or a different company? :confused:

(i would like to think that parcel motel would roll this out nationwide soon.)

They said somewhere yesterday that it's only Leinster they are doing at present.

I'd settle for KK as it's only 40 minutes up the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

So guys is the basic reason to use this service - that you are not home during the way to have parcels delivered ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Piliger wrote: »
    So guys is the basic reason to use this service - that you are not home during the way to have parcels delivered ?

That's a good use for it also.
    Was able to pick my parcel up yesterday from it. Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Really like the sounds of this. We're moving back to Ireland from the UK this week and it's good to know that this exists. Will help with a lot of things.

Now, just need to them to get a location set up in Louth. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭pissed

Received my text this morning at 7 am with pin for collection of my first parcel :D. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Given that the company monitors this thread, do you know when your website is going to be updated to reflect the new locations being added?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

pissed wrote: »
    Received my text this morning at 7 am with pin for collection of my first parcel :D. Happy days.

I got mine too for collection in Sallins. If it does not get collected at the box does it get sent back to Finglas Depot for collection there.

P.S. Any boardsies living in Sallins. I might need a big favour to get my Parcel collected from the box in Supervalue Sallins and shipped to me. I will pay for postage and that persons inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭bren2001

I got mine too for collection in Sallins. If it does not get collected at the box does it get sent back to Finglas Depot for collection there.

P.S. Any boardsies living in Sallins. I might need a big favour to get my Parcel collected from the box in Supervalue Sallins and shipped to me. I will pay for postage and that persons inconvenience.

Yep, sent back to Finglas if you don't collect it within 2 days (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Go onto the Kildare sub forum is best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

It'll be sent back and they'll contact you to either collect from finglas or get it shipped to your own address for an extra 10.50 (so 14 in total for the package)

Go onto the Kildare sub forum is best.

Yeah I posted a thread there as well. Thanks :)

• Advertisement

I got sorted out. Orla from Parcel Motel will forward it on to my home address for the additional charge :).
    looder wrote: »
    They said somewhere yesterday that it's only Leinster they are doing at present.

I'd settle for KK as it's only 40 minutes up the road.

They told me today that they hope to have one in Waterford by the end of the year. It makes sense as there is an interlink depot here already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Cork please!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Just picked up my first package, so exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

fiacha wrote: »
    Just confirming that this service works with Ebuyer.com using Google checkout. Ordered at 16:30 yesterday and signed for by ParcelMotel in Antrim at 11am today.

Just waiting for it to make it's way to my local motel.

Great service so far.

Did u set up a new account with ebuyer?
    Did u get your delivery yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭david65

TheDriver wrote: »
    Cork please!!!!
    Yes, Yes, Yes please!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

iggy wrote: »
    Did u set up a new account with ebuyer?
    Did u get your delivery yet?

Yes, it was my first time using EBuyer.
    The package was in the motel by 7am the next morning, less than 12 hours after being delivered to depot in NI.

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Picked up my first Parcel Motel package today , some boots amazon wouldn't post to Ireland. All good with the boots but they sent me a free gift of big pint mug which was broken. It was well packed so must have taken quite a knock.I didnt expect the mug so it does not matter really but it makes me wary of ordering anything fragile. Im not blaming Parcel motel ,it could have got broken anywhere along the way. Glad I could order the boots. This is probably my longest ever post and its about a broken mug I don't care about. I apologise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭pissed

fiacha wrote: »
    Yes, it was my first time using EBuyer.
    The package was in the motel by 7am the next morning, less than 12 hours after being delivered to depot in NI.

A.

Did Ebuyer charge you for shipping?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Cheers for this OP,just noticed a new Parcel Motel station at Topaz Newlands X so decided to give them a go.

Using the NI Parcel Motel address I ordered the Sandisk Clip 8gb from Amazon that Amazon wouldn't send to Ireland,and I also signed up for a 1 month free Amazon Prime trial and availed free one day delivery!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 abovebelow

TheDriver wrote: »
    Cork please!!!!

+1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement