Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Hey,
    I've done a really stupid thing and have had a parcel delivered to Wexford and l live in Dublin. Was staying in Wexford a few weeks ago and forgot to change it back to my local motel.

Will ring them tomorrow.

Anybody ever done this before? Just wondering what they'll do or will I just have to drive down to collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭Brian017

Beekay wrote: »
    Hey,
    I've done a really stupid thing and have had a parcel delivered to Wexford and l live in Dublin. Was staying in Wexford a few weeks ago and forgot to change it back to my local motel.

Will ring them tomorrow.

Anybody ever done this before? Just wondering what they'll do or will I just have to drive down to collect it.

When is the parcel due in Belfast? If its more than 24 hours, you can just change it and it'll go to your Dublin motel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Brian017 wrote: »
    When is the parcel due in Belfast? If its more than 24 hours, you can just change it and it'll go to your Dublin motel

It has already been delivered to. Felt like such an eejit when I got the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Duzzie

Has anyone else noticed a slow down in the delivery of packages?? I have been using the service for the past 6 months and have used it a good few times. Up until recently, you could be fairly certain that if a parcel was checked in, it would be delivered to the locker the same night. With the last few parcels, they weren't put in the locker until the night of the following day. By example, I had a parcel checked in yesterday morning at about 9am in Belfast, it was updated yesterday afternoon to say that it was in transit so I assumed it would go in the locker last night. This morning the status still says it is in transit. I also had a case recently were a parcel was checked in at Belfast in the morning, in transit in the afternoon and back to checked in at Belfast the following morning. None of these were oversized packages

Perhaps they are no longer doing daily drops to the lockers?? The lockers I use are out of Dublin so perhaps they are used less so they only do drops every other day?? Or could it be that due to the popularity of parcel motel, the lockers are full and they have to wait for lockers to be freed up before they put more parcels in?? Has anyone else noticed this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Nope, if anything Im getting the texts earlier in the evening (ie, before 11pm) rather than in the morning (after 7am) now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Maybe I'm slow but did anyone realise that you could get the "Tracking Number" from your Parcel Motel "recent activity" section and input it into the Nightline track & trace page to get real time stats.

LtJXbjR.png

Tracking Page; http://www.nightline-delivers.com/SmartShip.Online

Maybe I'm slow but did anyone realise that you could get the "Tracking Number" from your Parcel Motel "recent activity" section and input it into the Nightline track & trace page to get real time stats.

LtJXbjR.png

Tracking Page; http://www.nightline-delivers.com/SmartShip.Online

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Just click the tracking number?

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Just click the tracking number?

Ahh, didnt see that on the phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Pure speculation but I saw this tweeted about 'news' in Oct.

Could Parcel Motel be launching their "Send parcels service"....?

Like I said it's only my pure speculation. It could just be something else entirely - like a rewards scheme if someone signs up after you recommend them.... or do they drop these in tweets every once in a while...?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Compensation? For what? They're fully covered for this eventuality and have informed you of it in the terms and conditions.

They can't magically create space... they're not quantum engineers!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

MBSnr wrote: »
    Pure speculation but I saw this tweeted about 'news' in Oct.

Could Parcel Motel be launching their "Send parcels service"....?

Like I said it's only my pure speculation. It could just be something else entirely - like a rewards scheme if someone signs up after you recommend them.... or do they drop these in tweets every once in a while...?

I hope so, it would make buying stuff from sellers on Adverts and the likes alot handier. It would also make selling stuff much easier. As far as I know the software on the units themselves already caters for this but it's just not enabled.

Then what if that one was full? It could create an infinite loop, there's no way they could program for it. A reduced fee for the inconvenience would be good tho.

Achilles wrote: »
    Compensation? For what? They're fully covered for this eventuality and have informed you of it in the terms and conditions.

They can't magically create space... they're not quantum engineers!

I'm would not be looking for any compensation and understand that they cannot do much if the boxes are full. However some sort of notification of a delay would be nice rather than just seeing am "in transit" status with an expectation that it would be going in the box that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Achilles wrote: »
    I hope so, it would make buying stuff from sellers on Adverts and the likes alot handier. It would also make selling stuff much easier. As far as I know the software on the units themselves already caters for this but it's just not enabled.

I'm hoping it'll be much like the GLS Parcel shops. Book it in online, tell them the package dimensions, the address, print the label and take it to your specified PM. Type the code and the door unlocks, put in the package and it's picked up that day or the next day latest.

The only difference I see is that GLS allow larger dimension packages and have an upper weight limit of 30Kgs, whereas PM have a fixed locker size and will probably limit it to 10Kgs. Probably not an issue for most packages anyhow.... Pricing will be the key factor here as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 rendy78f9b194

i well try, is it still valid today?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Anyone know if there would there be hassle with ordering cosmetics online and getting them delivered via parcel motel. Just thinking as they're liquid

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

I ordered a 23 inch monitor from amazon, anyone know if the box would fit in the locker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Birdsong wrote: »
    Anyone know if there would there be hassle with ordering cosmetics online and getting them delivered via parcel motel. Just thinking as they're liquid

My girlfriend had a few shellac nail gel and bottles of acetone delivered to mine and there was no problems.

Birdsong wrote: »

I've had liquids delivered several times, no problems. They should just be well packaged to prevent damage, but that is for post in general, not just Parcel Motel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Parcel Motel opened one of my packages last week, is there any reason for this ?

I've had about 20 Parcel Motel deliveries before and never had any of my packages opened.

Jumboman wrote: »
    Parcel Motel opened one of my packages last week, is there any reason for this ?

I've had about 20 Parcel Motel deliveries before and never had any of my packages opened.

Did you ask Parcel Motel?

No amazon uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Jumboman wrote: »

How do you know they opened it?

How do you know they opened it?

The package had been opened and had parcel motel tape on it which said "resealed during transit".

May have been just packaged irresponsibility or the original tape had been removed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

had a bit of an issue last week with Parcel Motel. They text me on Monday to say I hadn't enough credit. I logged in and credited my account (then realised I had 7eur credit, so now I had 17.50) Anyway, i asked them why and they just suggested perhaps I had an over sized delivery. (Perhaps?). I was expecting a 30 inch TV so I let it go....

checked the status of my tv and it was delivered to belfast at 12pm on monday. waited 24 hours before emailing and asking for an update. they replied saying they couldn't find it and that the PM ID i provided was wrong.
    I mailed back saying it was correct, to which they responded that perhaps the sender hadn't included it on my package. (Its part of my name on my Amazon account, so always gets included...and when the package was eventually delivered, it was on it). I asked for an update the following day, and they responded saying they would update me? I never received any explanation at any stage, other than just possible reasons that may have caused the delay (none of which were true)

I mailed again on the following day asking why i hadn't been updated and they said that they had my TV in belfast and that I "SHOULD DEPOSIT 21EUR TO MY ACCOUNT" as there 'may' be a surcharge for over sized delivery? I didn't. I wasn't going to have 38 eur credit on my parcel motel account, on the off chance that i may need to pay them extra. (I'd have no problem doing that if it was the case)

Another day passed and I emailed again. They responded saying I had been sent a text message teh day before (but their records show that I hadnt received it, which I hadn't)....and that I can come collect it from finglas. They would resissue the text message again with my PIN. THey didnt.

When I arrived in finglas, once again there was some difficulty in finding my package. They did though and there was no additional charge.

I'm not entirely sure of the moral of my story, but I felt the need to share.... I have used Parcel Motel about 10-15 times with no problem, all with small parcels. I don't think id use it for a large parcel again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement