Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭HorseSea

Anyone know if this is a problem. Last weekend I made a large order from the UK using my brothers credit card, no sign of delivery but suppliers site has shown order completed since last Monday, only thing I can think of is that the name on the shipping address is his, so the PM number on the address will not match his name - could that cause a delay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Yes that is likely to cause a delay, the PMID and name has to match as per PM t&c's. You should contact PM. If you order for someone else or use another persons name make sure they match. As for payment details; most sites offer different billing name/address and shipping name/address so using another credit card is usually not a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Jumboman wrote: »
    The package had been opened and had parcel motel tape on it which said "resealed during transit".

To be fair, that only proves they resealed it..

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

It may have been mentioned already but I haven't been able to find it in this thread but Parcel Motel just charged my Credit Card 10.50eur (without authorisation) and then drained 24.50 credit from my Parcel Motel account.....Most likely in conjunction with an oversized delivery I received last week. I am not questioning the charge, yet, but before I complain, does anyone know if they are allowed charge my credit card directly? I dont remember signing up for any sort of auto-recharge!!

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

marcus2000 wrote: »
    It may have been mentioned already but I haven't been able to find it in this thread but Parcel Motel just charged my Credit Card 10.50eur (without authorisation)

I just saw that when I added my card, for ease of use when topping up my account, I agreed to allow them charge it willy nilly :(
    Silly me!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭measurement

Did anyone else get a text saying you would get a free welcome gift :D... and then not get it? I have my own order but nothing free :(
    I joined about a week ago, and got the text/email saying I'd get a text when my free welcome gift is available, but nothing has turned up yet, unless they shoved it into the same box as the first delivery(I didn't check). I've had 3 successful deliveries in the meantime, but only 1 charge taken. I understand the welcome gift might be a couple of free deliveries, but not having received any info, I'm a bit puzzled. :confused:
    Its good to be able to track items on the 'my PM' website, so I know the welcome pack hasn't been delivered yet.

Update:
    Just phoned the office, and was told there is no '2 free stays', since July, just the welcome pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Apologies - read thru the first few pages but haven't time to go thru all 105.

I want to order good goalie gloves online - Delivery to Ireland is only a tiny bit more than delivery to UK but (i) is there a danger I'd have to pay duty/customs on something coming from UK and (ii) if so, could I avoid that by using Parcel Motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Apologies - read thru the first few pages but haven't time to go thru all 105.

I want to order good goalie gloves online - Delivery to Ireland is only a tiny bit more than delivery to UK but (i) is there a danger I'd have to pay duty/customs on something coming from UK and (ii) if so, could I avoid that by using Parcel Motel?

No duty or VAT within the EU. Parcel Motel will reject parcels that have unpaid import charges.

Order direct from UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Thanks - I have just seen that on the Revenue Commissioners site - i should have checked it myself before posting here.
    Sorry for wasting your time and thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Is it just me, or is the Remember me checkbox on the login page completely ignored?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

rovoagho wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is the Remember me checkbox on the login page completely ignored?

Yeah, it has never worked for me.

I had to email them last year about a parcel and I added a note about the checkbox but it still hasn't been fixed.

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Yeah, it has never worked for me.

I had to email them last year about a parcel and I added a note about the checkbox but it still hasn't been fixed.

Before you completely blame them, check if you saved the page to your 'favourites' or 'bookmarks' before signing in. I did this with ebay, and for ages I thought it was a fault on the page. It was just that it was the page as I had saved it;)

Nope, not that. I'll email a request, but the more the merrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭eirman

How does ebay.co.uk and an Irish Paypal account work when using Parcel Motel?

I was able to register the Antrim address on ebay but that option does not appear to be available on paypal (Ireland Only).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

eirman wrote: »

I was able to register the Antrim address on ebay but that option does not appear to be available on paypal (Ireland Only).

I was only able to change the address when I went through ebay check out and not through paypal itself. It adds the address permanently to the PayPal account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Could someone tell me what the story with Tesco Direct is? It seems you can't use numbers for your first name, or your surname. So would it be OK if I typed out my PM like so: PMOneTwoThreeFourFixSix?

EDIT: Scratch that! I can change them at the checkout, however the only problem now is my phone number. I had to enter in gibberish, because they only allow enough room for a UK 10 digit one. Annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Resi12 wrote: »
    Could someone tell me what the story with Tesco Direct is? It seems you can't use numbers for your first name, or your surname. So would it be OK if I typed out my PM like so: PMOneTwoThreeFourFixSix?

I hope so, I would save a bloody fortune on what I'm looking at!
    Could you not just put it in the first address line? e.g.

Parcel Motel PM12345

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Esel wrote: »
    Could you not just put it in the first address line? e.g.

Parcel Motel PM12345

It's that it wasn't accepting numbers for any name at all, when I was registering. I couldn't advance, it would tell me only apostrophes were allowed outside of letters, but when I was checking out I could edit them!

eirman wrote: »

Just go into Paypal and register an additional address. It worked fine for me last week. Then, when you make a purchase, go with the flow up to the Paypal screen, and you will see a small link on the left, below the delivery address, that allows you to change the delivery address. Either enter the Parcel Motel Antrim address here, or select it if you had previously been able to enter it. When you press 'enter' again, it will recalculate the postage.
    I use that facility to check whether it makes sense to use PM, if there is a low postage charge for an item, and have mixed and matched several times, with no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

What's the biggest item PM can take? Thinking about ordering a guitar and using my PM address?

Also it will be from the US, what happens if customs stop it in order to make you pay customs tax? Do PM let you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Check the FAQ, any items with duty/tax due will be refused. Only option is to pay when you order the item.
    As for size, I doubt a guitar will fit a locker, but they will accept any size package. You just have to collect it at a nightline depot or have it forwarded to your address. Additional charges for forwarding (not for collection) further additional charges can apply depending on size and/or weight. Check their website for details. (Or the FAQ on page/post #1 of this topic).

On the Remember Me button, it's just crap development in that the login page doesn't check logged-in status. Bookmark the main member page instead:

http://www.parcelmotel.com/MyParcelMotel/Member

They really need to get someone else to work on their website. It makes a show of a brilliant service.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Ordered an item on amazon and my chosen motel was dock road in Limerick.

The tracking info says different?

Wed 9 Oct 14:36 Belfast Package left depot
    Thu 10 Oct 5:05 Parcel Motel Dublin Package loaded on delivery van
    Thu 10 Oct 5:10 Parcel Motel Parcel in transit to motel
    Thu 10 Oct 5:30 Parcel Motel Dublin Parcel stored in motel

Will find out at 2 o clock if its in Limerick :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Anyone know about signed for deliveries. I ordered something and got a tracking number for UPS. Will parcel motel sign for my package? I thought I read somewhere they wont. UPS tracking says it's in newtownabbey as of 16.30. Maybe try deliver it tomorrow

They will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Usually the next day unless the nominated parcel motel is full and yes there are saturday deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

my parcel is just about to go over the 48 hour limit for a stay, if i go down in an hour or two will it still be there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Yeah but you will be charged another stay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

Yeah but you will be charged another stay.

not too bad i heard they take it to the depot after 48 hours

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement