Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Is the PM rep still posting on Boards? I was wondering if there's plans for a parcel motel in the Maynooth area.

Rep isn't here anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Fair play to you. Others may not have been so honest.

I wonder how often this must happen, people getting other peoples boxes?

I think the guy whose parcel I ended up with didn't set his pm address up correctly with amazon so he missed a digit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I received someone else's package in my motel a couple of week's back as well. The scanner in their sorting office must have read the delivery label wrong or something because they'd actually put a label with my name and pmid on the package, even though my name is nothing like the owner's. I collected it on the way to work and contacted them straight away when I got in. I gave them my work address and told them they could collect it immediately, they replied saying they'd send a driver sometime the next day. Didn't really smack of urgency to be honest. They also charged my credit card €3.50 as I have it registed with them, and when I asked that it be refunded they gave it back in Parcel Motel credit, which wasn't exactly what I would've wanted. Didn't offer any kind of extra credit either for going out of my way.

• Hey they've added a facility to send parcels (I think)....the account page has a couple of options....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Where is the pricing?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

there is an option to extend liability drop down not working for me but I wonder is this for incoming or outgoing packages? Hope it's for incoming as it will take the fear of getting expensive items delivered in.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

No you don't it's on http://www.parcelmotel.com/howmuch.html

They also now have free returns for Littlewoods plus they offer access to the UK's collect+ (for a fee) which is great addition as it makes returns easier.

Great addition.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭Zardoz

flyguy wrote: »
    How to calculate the dimensional weight is on the website. The first 35kg is covered by the €3.50 after that is €3.50 per 10kg over 35kg. Forwarding is another €10.50 but afaik you can pick it up in nightline depot cork.

It looks like Parcelmotel have sneakily increased the charges for overpriced items

Pickup at any Nightline Depot by you, or a third party courier*
    Under 35kgs : €7.00 per parcel for 48 hours.
    Over 35Kgs : In addition to the €7.00 Parcel Motel charge, there is a supplement of €7.00 per 10kgs (over the 35kgs) or part thereof per parcel.

Delivery to an alternative address
    Under 35kgs : A supplement of €10.50 in addition to the €7.00 Parcel Motel charge, so €17.50 in total per parcel.
    Over 35Kgs : A supplement of €10.50 in addition to the total Parcel Motel charge (€7.00 charge plus €7.00 per 10kgs (over the 35kgs) or part thereof per parcel)

They must have changed it in the last day or 2 or else its an error on their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Not surprising, given the number of people trying to get cheap delivery for large items. I'm sure it was good while it lasted - never did it myself - but it was inevitable that they'd figure out what was going on and do something about it

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

Anyone having issues with Parcel Motel in Athlone ? My parcel left their Dublin Depot Tuesday and still no sign.

I've tried getting in touch but the response back is not great, kept getting told they hope to have it delivered each day I get in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 itoro

Anyone know if there'll be deliveries to parcel motels tonight with the bank holiday?

itoro wrote: »
    Anyone know if there'll be deliveries to parcel motels tonight with the bank holiday?

I was told after ringing them again for the 4th day in a row that it would be delivered tomorrow, but I'm not sure what to believe anymore as I keep getting different excuses each time I ring up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I find there is a more accurate response to queries via email, presumably because there is a record of what a customer is being told, so the pressure to get it right is higher. Anyone can claim they can't remember what was said in a phone call.

Tried email as well just kept getting told it would be delivered the following day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭Brian017

How does the Collect+ service work? Do they send it onto the Collect+ people in the uk who open the package and then deal with the retailer in question?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Can I order from Tesco Direct and have my item delivered to Parcel Motel in Northern Ireland?

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I would prefer if the My Parcel Motel page had the Recent Activity at the top of the page and the stuff about sending a package underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

ballooba wrote: »
    Can I order from Tesco Direct and have my item delivered to Parcel Motel in Northern Ireland?

I think others have, only read they sometimes have problems intputting numbers (PMID) in the name field. From what I read you can modify this (input numbers) at the checkout stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fastmover

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but according to the website Parcel motel now charge €7 to receive over sizes items. when did this change? I've gotten 4 previous and there was no surcharge, collected in Finglas. I really love the service but am not impressed for what it's worth. Simple things like a poster in a tube is over sized for the locker

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭united2k11

Is there anyway i can ship an item from england and ship it to a parcelmotel in nothern ireland, and then get that parcel motel to send the item down to me in republic of ireland?
    I am asking because the seller from england doesnt send to republic of ireland

That's exactly what most people use it for. Get it sent to PM's address in Antrim (with your PMID) and they'll forward it to your PM locker for the standard €3.50 charge (if it fits locker and <10kg).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

united2k11 wrote: »
    Is there anyway i can ship an item from england and ship it to a parcelmotel in nothern ireland, and then get that parcel motel to send the item down to me in republic of ireland?

Thats PM's primary use :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

united2k11 wrote: »
    Just make sure they will ship to a-the north,
    b-parcel motel.

Many couriers will charge more to non mainland UK, so some sellers will not ship or charge more to parcel motel.

In other threads people have said some ebay sellers are not sending to PM since it could leave them open to scams, some will not send to po boxes for the same reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭Zardoz

fastmover wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been mentioned already but according to the website Parcel motel now charge €7 to receive over sizes items. when did this change?

It changed last week .
    There isnt much difference between collecting a large item at the depot and home delivery now .

• Advertisement

Well the supplement for forwarding hasn't changed so it was €3.50+€10.50 and now it's €7+€10.50.... So difference is the same (although percentage wise it's less).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement