Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ckeogh

Can anyone tell me if parcel motel work weekends? And is there a notification in any way that will show when they received my parcel in Antrim?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Yes they do, no there isn't. You can check if it is received yourself on your account page (so yes you can tell, but you will only receive a notification when it's ready for collection).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Sorry if this has been asked before but could anyone confirm charges on the following dimensions. Carton is 33 x 43 x 53 and I calculate a dimensional weight of 25.069. The weight of the carton is over 10kg so I would have to collect from Finglas which is fine. So am I right in assuming its €3.50 in total if I colelct?

Edit weight of carton including packaging is 36.85 lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

If your calculations are correct you are right, only the oversized fee has changed from €3.50 to €7 since the 1st of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Panline

Hi,

I have a package coming from the UK to Parcel Motel. The package was initially sent by Parcel Force.

On the tracking details from Parcel Force, I can see that the package has left London, arrived to Belfast and was delivered today at 11am. However the parcel does not appear in my Parcel Motel page... Should I be worried? I thought my Parcel Motel page would be updated as soon as they have received my parcel.

Many thanks!

[Edit] I've just noticed on the tracking details from Parcel Force that the package has been signed for by "S HAWTHORN"?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Panline wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a package coming from the UK to Parcel Motel. The package was initially sent by Parcel Force.

On the tracking details from Parcel Force, I can see that the package has left London, arrived to Belfast and was delivered today at 11am. However the parcel does not appear in my Parcel Motel page... Should I be worried? I thought my Parcel Motel page would be updated as soon as they have received my parcel.

Many thanks!

[Edit] I've just noticed on the tracking details from Parcel Force that the package has been signed for by "S HAWTHORN"?!
    Nexus 5?
    Mine was delivered today at 11:56am by S HAWTHORNE but my account page has no updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Panline

Hi Tragedy,

Yes. So we are on the same boat. We should be OK. Thanks a mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭emo72

same here. i wonder if google put our pm numbers in the first address line. they didnt last time.

emo72 wrote: »
    same here. i wonder if google put our pm numbers in the first address line. they didnt last time.

I ordered a N4 and N7 without issue, and the google invoice has my address listed as:
    Ship to:
    Firstname Surname
    PM*****
    Parcel Motel, 1A McKinney Road
    Mallusk, Newtownabbey
    ANTRIM
    BT364PX
    United Kingdom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭emo72

Tragedy wrote: »
    I ordered a N4 and N7 without issue, and the google invoice has my address listed as:
    Ship to:
    Firstname Surname
    PM*****
    Parcel Motel, 1A McKinney Road
    Mallusk, Newtownabbey
    ANTRIM
    BT364PX
    United Kingdom

my pm number didnt appear anywhere on mine. even though its there on my google account. weird.

• Advertisement

Mine's appeared on the website, time stamped 20:26 (including in the pic). Somehow I don't think I'll be getting it tonight!

[edit]It has arrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Parcel motel starting to p**s me off,same thing happening to me,It's arriving in Antrim as i can see from my tracking number but is taking up to 2 days before it's even processed by parcel motel now and sent to locker,whereas before it was processed straight away and there that night. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Parcel motel starting to p**s me off,same thing happening to me,It's arriving in Antrim as i can see from my tracking number but is taking up to 2 days before it's even processed by parcel motel now and sent to locker,whereas before it was processed straight away and there that night. :mad:

Lockers are full perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Went to send my first parcel lads and got this "currently unavailable" message.
    What to do now. ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Lockers are full perhaps.

No i emailed them and they said it hadn't arrived but the tracking clearly stated it had and been signed for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Hmmm. Parcel motel refused delivery of a parcel from amazon, tracking on amazon told me.

Not impressed that parcel motel did not inform me. Does anyone know what happens now, do I get refunded or do I have to contact amazon myself? I am not impressed at not being told, there is no reason it should have been refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Hmmm. Parcel motel refused delivery of a parcel from amazon, tracking on amazon told me.

Not impressed that parcel motel did not inform me. Does anyone know what happens now, do I get refunded or do I have to contact amazon myself? I am not impressed at not being told, there is no reason it should have been refused.

When Amazon receive a package back, they'll refund you automatically. I've had a couple of things go missing somehow and Amazon have gott them back from postal services as undeliverable and refunded me immediately.

lindtee wrote: »
    When Amazon receive a package back, they'll refund you automatically. I've had a couple of things go missing somehow and Amazon have gott them back from postal services as undeliverable and refunded me immediately.

Thanks for this.

It was actually a seller on behalf of amazon.

I have been in touch with Parcel Motel though, and they were able to tell me what happened - take note people, this could be the source of missing items.

Apparently the UPS delivery guy refused to wait to make delivery, there was a truck in front of him unloading at the time.

So UPS marked it as "delivery refused by customer" but in fact it was "UPS refused to wait to make delivery".

I have informed the seller on Amazon. I am strongly considering a complaint to UPS about this.

Most certainly complain!! Stupid carry on!

• Advertisement

YbFocus wrote: »
    Most certainly complain!! Stupid carry on!

The thing is, I have no contract with UPS - the seller does. So Im currently complaining to the seller - we will see what happens.....

The thing is, I have no contract with UPS - the seller does. So Im currently complaining to the seller - we will see what happens.....

Ah yes I see what you mean. I presume the seller will try and cut UPS in two over this though as he has you on their back over it.

Ah yes I see what you mean. I presume the seller will try and cut UPS in two over this though as he has you on their back over it.

Seller has issued a refund and I have offered written confirmation (email) that it was UPS who failed the process if he wishes to go after them.

Very bad form of UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Went to send my first parcel lads and got this "currently unavailable" message.
    What to do now. ... :)
    Not sure if this might by the problem, but on the 'send' thread people mentioned about issues caused by scanning the barcode on the top rather than the one on the side.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Not sure if this might by the problem, but on the 'send' thread people mentioned about issues caused by scanning the barcode on the top rather than the one on the side.

Nope got it to work on my return trip later last night.
    The motel may have been full.
    Thanks though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Phil_aherne

Thinking about ordering something that it was told would arrive my giving address for Friday. Which would be parcel motel. If this happens how long would it be for it then to be delivered to a co Meath parcel motel address?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Phil_aherne

Even Saturday morning?

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement