Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭Brian017

Even Saturday morning?

The only morning they don't make deliveries to motels is Sunday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Brian017 wrote: »
    The only morning they don't make deliveries to motels is Sunday!

Something arrived in my motel this morning. Although, it was probably delivered there after 11pm last nite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I sent a parcel to the UK on the 6th and have received 5 further updates using the tracking link, the last of which was on the 8th to say that the item was exported from Dublin and nothing since.

Tracking hardly stops at the point of export, does it? I need to know that the package arrives as it is for a refund.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Got onto their customer services earlier to enquire
    about a package I was expecting. Got a response
    within minutes and the package got put through
    about 2hrs later. And they were very nice aswell!

Pleasure to deal with in all my dealings with em.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭newmember2

I've tried ringing customer service and I'm getting some message about a full mailbox...I'm sending a parcel to the UK but when I bring it to the parcelmotel to scan the barcode I get a message that the service is temporarily unavailable. I'm already after been charged for this delivery and I need to get it sent in the next 24 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭newmember2

If that's the case should they not already have known that before taking my order?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 LimkTeach

Hi guys I've just signed up to parcel motel. I want to use it to purchase a tablet not available here but available in the Uk. I tried argos but they do not deliver to po box addresses. I am now looking at a reputable uk website but they want to ensure my billing address is a uk address. My friend advised me to use parcel motel as my billing address also when entering my card details. Is this acceptable? Anyone done this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

I have just logged on to the parcel motel site and it says I have a parcel waiting and I can see it is the parcel I'm waiting for from Amazon. When do I get the text to let me collect it. It says it's checked in the parcel motel depot since yesterday. Is the depot in NI or the actual motel location. It's my first delivery hence the question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    I have just logged on to the parcel motel site and it says I have a parcel waiting and I can see it is the parcel I'm waiting for from Amazon. When do I get the text to let me collect it. It says it's checked in the parcel motel depot since yesterday. Is the depot in NI or the actual motel location. It's my first delivery hence the question.

It's usually brought to your chosen pickup location the day after it arrives in their depot. When it's ready for pickup they'll send you a text with your code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Paid online Friday to send a parcel to UK. Brought it to PM Sunday but scanner wouldn`t read the barcode no matter how I tried.

I typed the code in manually, about 16 digits and letters long, not easy when its pissing rain and the parcel motel provides no shelter at the terminal. Got a message on screen saying this service is not available and the infamous 1890 number to call for help.

Called the number and guess what? Got the recorded announcement saying the voice mailbox was full! Piss poor service from PM as they are well aware of the problem with the 1890 number they provide.

Not one bit happy, have had to make alternative arrangements to ship my parcel. Wasted my money, my time and my fuel trying to send my parcel through PM.

Hope they can redeem themselves in some way because I am at a loss because of their failure. And for gods sake please sort out the 1890 number, it`s not like you aren't aware of the ongoing problem with it since the day PM opened for business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I only signed up to Parcel Motel a couple of weeks ago and I'm slightly confused. I got a text at 7am Saturday morning to say I had a delivery. My parcel motel is over 20 miles away from me so I decided not to collect until tomorrow when I'll be in town anyway. My bank account was charged €3.50 on Saturday which covered Sat and Sun. It was then charged €3.50 today which covers they stay for Mon and Tue. But I got an email at 5.40am stating that if I don't collect within 24 hours (5.40am tomorrow) my parcel will expire. Can they expire a parcel before it reaches the end of a paid for stay? My understanding of there pay system was that since it arrived Sat and I've paid twice then I have until midnight tomorrow to collect it. Am I missing something here? I won't be able to collect it until about 7.30 tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Regularly use Parcel Motel and find it great. I ordered an iPad mini from Apple UK last week and had it delivered to my PM. Received a notification this morning from UPS that 'The receiver did not want the order and refused this delivery.'

So contacted PM and they're looking into it. They reckon the issue could be (again) that the UPS driver wouldn't wait for someone to come and accept the parcel.

Fingers crossed it doesn't get sent back. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

funkyflea wrote: »
    Regularly use Parcel Motel and find it great. I ordered an iPad mini from Apple UK last week and had it delivered to my PM. Received a notification this morning from UPS that 'The receiver did not want the order and refused this delivery.'

So contacted PM and they're looking into it. They reckon the issue could be (again) that the UPS driver wouldn't wait for someone to come and accept the parcel.

I also had a UPS package refused this morning with the same tracking message.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Well lads, trying to order something from Asda direct by sending it to parcel motel but how do I get around the UK phone number part?

It really won't accept anything but a UK telephone number. In a bit of a rush here to get this done so would seriously appreciate any help from others that have ordered before

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Well lads, trying to order something from Asda direct by sending it to parcel motel but how do I get around the UK phone number part?

It really won't accept anything but a UK telephone number. In a bit of a rush here to get this done so would seriously appreciate any help from others that have ordered before

Put in the PM phone number?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Am I Evil? wrote: »

You could use the Nightline (aka Parcel Motel) McKinney Rd. Phone number:

+44 (0) 28 9084 8411

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Much appreciated :pac:
    thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

I have just spoken to a Parcel Motel rep and apparently they have been in contact with UPS and the UPS driver will come back and deliver the packages today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭eastwest

I tried the parcel motel once, a couple of weeks ago, but I won't use them again.
    I wanted to be able to collect a package when away from base, and I thought that PM answered a need for me in that I could have it delivered to a location close to where I was working. Big mistake!
    Package was apparently sent via Royal Mail/an Post and has disappeared into that sinkhole of semi-state inefficiency. It seems that an Post is supposed to deliver it to a PM warehouse and not to the parcel motel location shown on the address label. Knowing an Post as I do, and particularly their unionised attitude to any kind of private sector courier company, I just have a feeling that all that is far too complicated for them and I can kiss goodbye to the goods and just reorder again and take the hit. Ringing the nearest sorting office might bring answers, if they didn't all finish at lunchtime and leave phones unanswered.
    So, if you are buying small items that may be sent by post, don't think of using PM, unless you want to lose the goods.

eastwest wrote: »
    I tried the parcel motel once, a couple of weeks ago, but I won't use them again.
    I wanted to be able to collect a package when away from base, and I thought that PM answered a need for me in that I could have it delivered to a location close to where I was working. Big mistake!
    Package was apparently sent via Royal Mail/an Post and has disappeared into that sinkhole of semi-state inefficiency. It seems that an Post is supposed to deliver it to a PM warehouse and not to the parcel motel location shown on the address label. Knowing an Post as I do, and particularly their unionised attitude to any kind of private sector courier company, I just have a feeling that all that is far too complicated for them and I can kiss goodbye to the goods and just reorder again and take the hit. Ringing the nearest sorting office might bring answers, if they didn't all finish at lunchtime and leave phones unanswered.
    So, if you are buying small items that may be sent by post, don't think of using PM, unless you want to lose the goods.

Eh? You should have got the parcel delivered to the depot in NI? How did AnPost get it?

No idea, I just know that the package was dispatched by the supplier via royal mail, and the delivery address was my ref number and the parcel motel address in the republic where I wanted to collect the goods.
    It seems like it got treated as a parcel post and went via an post, but at this stage I just know that it's lost and an post won't answer the phone. PM call centre told me to get a delivery signature from an post.
    Comedy of f***ing errors!
    Never again anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

I don't get why you wouldn't use PM again? What did they do wrong? You say you used Royal Mail, so where does an post get involved? It should have been addressed to parcel motel in Antrim so an an post would never receive it. What did you put as delivery address? There are only 2 options, Parcel motel in Dublin or the one in Antrim (plus your PMID). If you put the wrong address there's only one person to blame.... If an post lost it, again I don't see why you wouldn't use parcel motel again.

No idea, I just know that the package was dispatched by the supplier via royal mail, and the delivery address was my ref number and the parcel motel address in the republic where I wanted to collect the goods.
    It seems like it got treated as a parcel post and went via an post, but at this stage I just know that it's lost and an post won't answer the phone. PM call centre told me to get a delivery signature from an post.
    Never again anyway!

That's not how it works, you need to get the parcel sent to one of the depots (Newtownabbey or Finglas), and they then forward it on to the locker of your choice. How is the posty supposed to deliver to a locked locker?

Sorry, but this one is on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Never again anyway!

If you addressed it to the Parcel Motel that you wanted to collect it from then you addressed it incorrectly.

That was your mistake, not Parcel Motel's. You didn't read the instructions correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

funkyflea wrote: »

That would be very much a UPS regular for our warehouse. They will not stay fir anyone to take an item . They rang me direct to take 20 parcels that their drivers refused to deliver because the warehouse takes too long to meet them. Process is , press bell, gate opens, walk to bay, hand over parcel , get signiture and leave. Getting out of the van to press a bell is the issue. Useless company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

People - report the UPS issues to whoever sent your parcel via UPS. I made a huge song and dance about it to Amazon so that they would know that it was UPS who were the problem - if the sender doesnt know its UPS causing problems they will keep using them.

• Advertisement

Achilles wrote: »
    If you addressed it to the Parcel Motel that you wanted to collect it from then you addressed it incorrectly.

That was your mistake, not Parcel Motel's. You didn't read the instructions correctly.

PM call centre told me I had it addressed correctly, and the instructions I got when registering told me to address it to the PM where I wanted to collect it.
    It seems that it works when courier companies are involved all the way, but not when an post is involved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement