Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭prince john

They lost two parcels on me ,found one after two weeks I am still trying to get refund for the other one.
    That was 5th of september!!!! Very annoying.
    looks like I will have to go down the legal road now:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

eastwest wrote: »
    PM call centre told me I had it addressed correctly, and the instructions I got when registering told me to address it to the PM where I wanted to collect it.
    It seems that it works when courier companies are involved all the way, but not when an post is involved.

http://www.parcelmotel.com/about.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

When do you get a welcome gift?
    With your first stay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

PM call centre told me I had it addressed correctly, and the instructions I got when registering told me to address it to the PM where I wanted to collect it.
    It seems that it works when courier companies are involved all the way, but not when an post is involved.

Nowhere on their website does it say this.

Trust me I've been using Parcel Motel since the beginning. You don't address it to the motel itself... EVER. You address it to their local drop off point either in Finglas or in Co. Antrim.

You addressed the parcel incorrectly - it's your fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I guarantee you it didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

Dropped down to my local Parcel Motel (south Dublin, Merrion) this evening following a text to say that my parcel had arrived only to see the following message when I entered the details.....

"The entered phone number or open code was incorrect. Check the SMS to confirm that the parcel machine is correct and try again. In the event of a problem, call our customer service number 1890...."

Will try that number tomorrow but annoying. Still a great service nonetheless :D
    Anyone else come across this??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

That's annoying. Just to be sure, you entered the PIN you received by text/email (and not your PMID)? All you can do is call PM and wait for them to sort it...

flyguy wrote: »
    That's annoying. Just to be sure, you entered the PIN you received by text/email (and not your PMID)? All you can do is call PM and wait for them to sort it...

Yeah was defo the correct details...will just wait and see what they say tomorrow.

Joziburg wrote: »
    Dropped down to my local Parcel Motel (south Dublin, Merrion) this evening following a text to say that my parcel had arrived only to see the following message when I entered the details.....

"The entered phone number or open code was incorrect. Check the SMS to confirm that the parcel machine is correct and try again. In the event of a problem, call our customer service number 1890...."

Will try that number tomorrow but annoying. Still a great service nonetheless :D
    Anyone else come across this??

Apparently it was dropped into the Parcel Motel across the road ... the two of them are very close.

• Advertisement

Apparently it was dropped into the Parcel Motel across the road ... the two of them are very close.

Stillorgan Texaco on the N11 I bet. Both of them practically opposite eachother both with their own Parcel Motels.

Achilles wrote: »
    Stillorgan Texaco on the N11 I bet. Both of them practically opposite eachother both with their own Parcel Motels.

Ha, no its on the Rock Road at Merrion Gates. The two Texaco garages opposite one another.

Ha, no its on the Rock Road at Merrion Gates. The two Texaco garages opposite one another.

Ooooohhh... close enough! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Anyone noticed a change in when parcels appear on the website?

They used to appear in the afternoon when they were received up North, but now they only seem to be added to the website when they go on the Van in Finglas to be brought to your local PM drop off.

Tragedy wrote: »
    Anyone noticed a change in when parcels appear on the website?

They used to appear in the afternoon when they were received up North, but now they only seem to be added to the website when they go on the Van in Finglas to be brought to your local PM drop off.

Yeh noticed that ... was nice to see in the morning that it had arrived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I never got a text or email for my delivery, then i asked them about it (After asking seller "where is my item", who said it was shipped 3 weeks ago from UK), and they said they'll check the warehouse.

Still nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Allyall wrote: »
    I never got a text or email for my delivery, then i asked them about it (After asking seller "where is my item", who said it was shipped 3 weeks ago from UK), and they said they'll check the warehouse.

Still nothing.

It could have been lost by Royal Mail (or whoever it was shipped with), did the seller provide tracking?

It could have been lost by Royal Mail (or whoever it was shipped with), did the seller provide tracking?

No. That's why I want to find out. So i get back on to the seller if need be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Does anyone know if you are sending from motel to motel if you have to use your local motel as the drop off point or if you can drop at any motel in the country?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭db

I am using Parcel Motel to send a parcel this week for the first time. It will also be the last time.

I put the Parcel in the locker at 8am on Tuesday and it will not be delivered until tomorrow - Friday. Parcel Motel say they will deliver the parcel within 24-48 hours, what they do not say is the time starts when they take the parcel from the locker which can take another 24 hours.

I posted a package to the same address at 4pm on Wednesday and it was delivered shortly after 8am today, Thursday. I was happy to pay €9.50 to get a parcel delivered within 48 hours, if I had known the truth I wouldn't have bothered.

I'm pretty sure it's any parcel motel.

More info here, although it doesn't really specify.

http://www.parcelmotel.com/returns.html
    Take your parcel to your chosen Parcel Motel and tap "Send A Parcel" on the touch screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Are the parcels collected when they nightly drop offs are made?

It was collected @ 5am next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

It's not a post office with people working there 24/7. If you want it picked up on the same day, you'd need to know the pick up time for the locker, in your case ~5am. So you would have to have put it in the locker before 5am if you wanted it picked up on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Been waiting on an item for awhile and checked my Amazon and realised it said Delivered , I checked the tracking and it was delivered to Parcel Motel on the 14th November and signed by "Hawthorne" yet I havent got it at all or got any information from them. Did this happen anyone before and what was outcome ? I have to try ring them tomorrow and see what they say.

Blitz17 wrote: »
    Been waiting on an item for awhile and checked my Amazon and realised it said Delivered , I checked the tracking and it was delivered to Parcel Motel on the 14th November and signed by "Hawthorne" yet I havent got it at all or got any information from them. Did this happen anyone before and what was outcome ? I have to try ring them tomorrow and see what they say.

Mine went missing/was due at the same time, but amazon seller didn't have tracking, so i don't know where it is. Or who to blame. :(
    They are looking for mine at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

The only time I've seen delays is on oversize items and they have always located them quickly once I asked about them.

It's not a post office with people working there 24/7. If you want it picked up on the same day, you'd need to know the pick up time for the locker, in your case ~5am. So you would have to have put it in the locker before 5am if you wanted it picked up on the same day.

That is not what it says on the Parcel Motel site
    Parcels going to Ireland & Northern Ireland will be delivered in 2 working days. Parcels to the UK can take 3 to 5 days.

They are usually very efficient delivering parcels to the motel, usually same day, so for the rate they charge you would expect it to be delivered in time. There are plenty of other services that will collect a parcel from you and deliver in 3-4 days for less.

On your point about the Post Office, at least they tell you what time the mail goes out and if you pay for next day delivery it will be there next day.

• Advertisement

Got a refund from Parcel Motel so fair play to them. I think in future I'll only use them to send to another Parcel Motel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement