Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭homer911

I just received a parcel this morning which was delivered to PM on 4/11!!

Could only get them to search the warehouse for it after I got a tracking number from the courier who left it with them - and then they found it quickly. Sadly no apology and they still made me pay! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Hi I don't know if I willget a reply before the weekend but I will post anyway.

At 9am this morning I got my code. I was away but got back this evening. I was just about to head out to get it but got another text message at 6.15pm saying the oversize parcel was sent to Finglas.

I went to the parcel motel and the parcel was there waiting for me.

Was the text and email sent by accident as I don't think I have anything else for parcel motel this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

I was one of the people who was delighted when parcel Motel came to town and was promoting the service to everyone I met, including my own business customers. But, since they started offering their Oversize parcel service I'm afraid I'm getting very disappointed with the way its run and I am seriously thinking of looking for a different method of shipping. On at least 4 occasions recently they botched up my deliveries, some were sent back by mistake to Belfast, others sent to the wrong depot and yet again another that took a week to arrive from Dublin to the west of Ireland. I have had no problem with small goods and small package's and generally they arrive on time. But, oversize package's that will not fit in their chutes at the various street depots around the country and they charge double the usual rate for this service.
    I could order a package from USA that would have got here faster than my last few deliveries.
    I have several orders coming in the next couple of weeks that I have already committed to using them for, so lets see how I get on.
    Watch This Space

Rusty

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

rusty999 wrote: »
    I was one of the people who was delighted when parcel Motel came to town and was promoting the service to everyone I met, including my own business customers. But, since they started offering their Oversize parcel service I'm afraid I'm getting very disappointed with the way its run and I am seriously thinking of looking for a different method of shipping. On at least 4 occasions recently they botched up my deliveries, some were sent back by mistake to Belfast, others sent to the wrong depot and yet again another that took a week to arrive from Dublin to the west of Ireland. I have had no problem with small goods and small package's and generally they arrive on time. But, oversize package's that will not fit in their chutes at the various street depots around the country and they charge double the usual rate for this service.
    I could order a package from USA that would have got here faster than my last few deliveries.
    I have several orders coming in the next couple of weeks that I have already committed to using them for, so lets see how I get on.
    Watch This Space

Rusty
    Thing is though as their service gets more popular then you just have to expect things like this as they're more than likely dealing with a much heavier influx of parcels these days.

Unfortunately as with every shipping company these things do happen. They have amalgamated deliveries send to the UK though where they only get checked in in Dublin now so that should cut out some of the waiting time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Achilles wrote: »
    Thing is though as their service gets more popular then you just have to expect things like this as they're more than likely dealing with a much heavier influx of parcels these days.

Unfortunately as with every shipping company these things do happen. They have amalgamated deliveries send to the UK though where they only get checked in in Dublin now so that should cut out some of the waiting time.

If they advertise a service then they must be prepared to provide that service --no matter how busy it gets. Being busy is not an acceptable excuse for sending parcels to the wrong depots--If it says Sligo on the package then surely Sligo is where it needs to be sent ? I'm not sure I understand how amalgamating deliveries Sent to the UK is going to improve efficiency but maybe I misunderstood your message. Thanks anyway for posting and hopefully things might get better.
    Rusty

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Blitz17 wrote: »
    Been waiting on an item for awhile and checked my Amazon and realised it said Delivered , I checked the tracking and it was delivered to Parcel Motel on the 14th November and signed by "Hawthorne" yet I havent got it at all or got any information from them. Did this happen anyone before and what was outcome ? I have to try ring them tomorrow and see what they say.

Update on this, they emailed me saying they will check the warehouse tomorrow and contact me if they find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Blitz17 wrote: »
    Update on this, they emailed me saying they will check the warehouse tomorrow and contact me if they find it.

Said the same to me last week... :( Still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

What do I put in for phone number when ordering on amazon with a parcel hotel address?
    I cant order without a phone number entered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Pangea wrote: »
    What do I put in for phone number when ordering on amazon with a parcel hotel address?
    I cant order without a phone number entered.

Put in your own phone number

I sometimes put in the parcel motel num : 1890 24 17 17

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

How come Amazon says delivery not available to this address when I use the N.I address?

Is this correct?

<SNIP>

It keeps saying it can't deliver to it.

Help please? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Youd really need to link to the Amazon item - I dont know what that link you provided is but when I opened it it started a download of an exe - which is not good manners!!

Youd really need to link to the Amazon item - I dont know what that link you provided is but when I opened it it started a download of an exe - which is not good manners!!

That's your computer.

It's a gyazo link. In other words a link to an image-sharing site to show you a picture of what I done.

Back on topic.

Is there anyone that can help?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

How come Amazon says delivery not available to this address when I use the N.I address?
    Whats the item, some things can only be delivered to UK mainland, there was some example recently enough.

rubadub wrote: »
    Whats the item, some things can only be delivered to UK mainland, there was some example recently enough.

It's a fragrance that WAS available in the Lightning Round.

Had it in my basket but it wouldn't allow me go further.

Shame.

Appreciate the help though must be a case of what you've outlined above.

Thanks!

Pretty sure the recent was also perfume.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201337930
    Note: The following items can be delivered to addresses within the UK only:
    Medicines and pharmaceuticals.
    All baby food, milk and drinks.
    Blank media items, such as blank CDs and DVDs .
    Perfumes (mainland UK only).
    High value jewellery and watches (mainland UK only).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I bought pefume a couple of weeks ago from an Amazon trader and had it delivered to Parcel Motel, no problem.

Probably not a "Sold or Fulfilled by Amazon" item then. Traders can just spoof on the declaration forms, if they even bother with them. Or possibly use a different method of posting.

Many would think the ban is nonsense, if those terrorists had used powder instead of liquid in the bombs perfume would probably still be grand, but have a ban on powdery makeup.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_theatre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

After 4 years (nearly) of college, I have some stack of computer science & programming books accumulated.
    I easily got to £150 trade in limit on amazon uk today when I was getting prices for them.

I know, they don't accept trade ins from outside UK, but I wonder if sent via parcel motel and used my PM address as return address would it work...
    They do stipulate in the T&C about haveing a UK billing and physical address, I might have an aunt that can provide legit uk billing details for me

has anybody in ROI traded books back to Amazon UK before ?

Is this correct?

<SNIP>

the post code : BT36 4 PX also works for parcel motel. You should be able to figure out from the advert if they will ship to NI --usually theres no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Is this correct?

<SNIP>

Probably unrelated to a recent Amazon order but rather a virus fooling you into opening a .exe. Which you clearly have already done.

I'd make sure that you get somebody to virus scan your computer immediately or run the free trial from www.webroot.com

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭lukaszd2007

Hi I just ordered something from ebay and i know the weight will be around 10 kg and it will be oversized. How can i get it delivered to my door straight away and pay the extra charge? And how much that will cost me?

Achilles wrote: »
    Probably unrelated to a recent Amazon order but rather a virus fooling you into opening a .exe. Which you clearly have already done.

I'd make sure that you get somebody to virus scan your computer immediately or run the free trial from www.webroot.com

Doesn't ask me to open any .exe. The website is used by millions of people.

It probably prompted you to download the gyazo program to take screenshots yourself because it realised you didn't have it.

Relax and breathe. I've been on the internet for a long time. I know what a virus is. :pac:

Back on topic:

To the guy who asked for delivery I think i saw it was 10.50 but open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Back on topic:

To the guy who asked for delivery I think i saw it was 10.50 but open to correction.

+€7 for the standard oversize charge. Unfortunately it's not possible to have it shipped "straight" to your address (if you mean from when it comes in in Antrim) you're gonna have to wait until you receive the notification and contact PM then...

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭lukaszd2007

So will have to wait then :(

Thanks

flyguy wrote: »
    +€7 for the standard oversize charge. Unfortunately it's not possible to have it shipped "straight" to your address (if you mean from when it comes in in Antrim) you're gonna have to wait until you receive the notification and contact PM then...

And theres the problem, If you live in Dublin you will receive a a message saying your oversize parcel has been delivered to Finglas so you pick it up in Dublin that evening or whatever. If you live in any other part of Ireland Parcel Motel seems to think you might be a psychic .Because , thats the last message you will receive and its guesswork after that as to when it might appear down the country where you live. If you get a message on a Thurs it could even be the following Monday or Tuesday before the parcel reaches the west of Ireland for example and even then its up to you to chase it yourself. Thats been my experience on several occasions. In fairness to the online staff they re imbursed me a few times, but I would much prefer if there was a proper tracking facility as its guesswork otherwise for oversize parcels delivered outside Dublin..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Parcel motel seems to have slowed down a lot for processing times etc. Must be getting too busy and not able to handle it. Item delivered to them at 11am today still not even processed or my account debited.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement