Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

ordered a book from amazon yesterday, looking forward to seeing howit all works out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Any idea how to change the pick up locstion? Just realised there is a closer one than the one I have picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

go into settings, option is near bottom of page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 amandapollard

just ordered from ASDA - hope this all works out well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

stanley1 wrote: »
    go into settings, option is near bottom of page.

nevermind got it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Login to your account

Click the ''Account Area'' tab at the top left of the screen

Click the ''Edit'' button beside the ''Account Details'' on the My Account screen.

Scroll down the page until you see the ''choose a motel'' option and then change it to whatever location you want.

Hit ''Save'' at the bottom of the page.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Has anyone not been able to collect their package?
    I was not and expected a call today but none came.
    does anyone know the process?

I did ring them but was told to call back tmrw.

I'm a wee bit concerned as I think their website seems to have changed from saying that the parcel will be dropped back to finglas.
    Now it looks like they will leave it where it is and just charge extra...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Picked up my first Parcel Motel package today , some boots amazon wouldn't post to Ireland. All good with the boots but they sent me a free gift of big pint mug which was broken. It was well packed so must have taken quite a knock.I didnt expect the mug so it does not matter really but it makes me wary of ordering anything fragile. Im not blaming Parcel motel ,it could have got broken anywhere along the way. Glad I could order the boots. This is probably my longest ever post and its about a broken mug I don't care about. I apologise.

Got a message from Orla at Parcel Motel offering to send me a gift to make up for broken mug. They seem like a good company wanting to keep customers happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 a.griffin-flood

Have just received my first parcel. Received a text at 7am with a unique code. Went to my local Motel put in the code together with my mobile number and a door pops open. Really easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Hope they come to Galway soon, I'd use this service regularly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I got sorted out. Orla from Parcel Motel will forward it on to my home address for the additional charge :).

Got my redirected parcel today. Super service :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

technical issue

asked me did i want it sent somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Anyone had something delivered to here from outside the EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

great idea, I would use it tons, Limerick Area ASAP please !

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Macronelf

Think it'll be fine ordering a Nexus 7 off ebuyer?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Macronelf wrote: »
    Think it'll be fine ordering a Nexus 7 off ebuyer?

Definitely. I've bought tablets and netbooks and used them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Used this for the first time last week. Great service, especially for Free!!
    Wil definitely use the initial free orders, will have to consider the value on using after.

Although today i saved £9 on Amazon delivery cost by using the UK address. so would have been worth the cost too.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Macronelf

Allyall wrote: »
    Definitely. I've bought tablets and netbooks and used them.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

For some reason it was €5 more expensive for international shipping to Ireland and Germany over any other European Country for my new Man Utd jersey so I have enlisted ParcelMotel's sign up free credit to save me that €5. Hopefully all goes well, can't wait to roll out the 'Van Persie 20" in 5-a-side.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 katie2121

hi everyone,
    seems like a really great service. just wondering though, how many days do you have to collect your parcel after it arrives?.

• Advertisement

48 hours.
    What if I cannot get to the Parcel Motel within 24 hours?

One stay equals one parcel in a motel for 2 nights (48 hours) if your parcel stays more than 48 hours, you will be charged €3.50 for each additional 48 hours or part thereof.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 joshua886

thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭big_drive

Only heard about this new service today. Sounds great. Im based in Cork so emailed them and they said hopfully be set up in cork by Xmas. Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭kevez

has anyone used this with soccertriads?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

katie2121 wrote: »
    hi everyone,
    seems like a really great service. just wondering though, how many days do you have to collect your parcel after it arrives?.

In my experience it was actually 3 days.
    Chap on the phone confirmed it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

kevez wrote: »

Have an order on the way using parcel motel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

kevez wrote: »

My jersey was bought from maxxsoccer.com which is soccertriads I think. Hopefully all goes well!

Ordered from Amazon on Thursday morning and got a text from Parcel Motel this morning telling me my delivery was waiting to be collected at the Topaz at Newlands X.

Keyed in my pin and mobile number on the easy to use machine and a random box popped open with my parcel inside.

Brilliant service,will definitely be using again and again!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Just had my second experience with Parcel Motel. Ordered a desk chair from amazon, they wouldn't deliver to Ireland so used the NI address.

A thing to note is that they don't calculate weight by weight but by volume. So the bigger the box the more you pay. I would have had to pay around €40 to get it delivered or €14 to pick it up from the depot, luckily for me they misplaced it for a few days and allowed me to pick up for free to make up for it.

The girl I picked it up from said mine was the biggest they've had so far!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

seklly wrote: »

The girl I picked it up from said mine was the biggest they've had so far!!

i love it when girls say that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement