Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

L5 wrote: »
    Parcel motel seems to have slowed down a lot for processing times etc. Must be getting too busy and not able to handle it. Item delivered to them at 11am today still not even processed or my account debited.

I didn't even get a reply from them about my Parcel. 3 weeks now. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Why don't they hire some extra staff for the build up to the Xmas period if they're struggling with volume of deliveries. Quality of service is suffering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

L5 wrote: »
    Why don't they hire some extra staff for the build up to the Xmas period if they're struggling with volume of deliveries. Quality of service is suffering.

They're running out of peanuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

I'm having no such problems. Item delivered to Belfast at 4.20pm yesterday, showed on my account at 6.15pm and got my text at 6am this morning. Few more items to come in the next couple of days so I'll see if it keeps up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Ronan2575

Might be stupid question, where exactly is parcel motel browns barn city west? Im moving to the area and do not know it well yet, is it the browns barn side of the n7 or is it on the citywest side? Anyone have the gps location?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

markc1184 wrote: »
    I'm having no such problems. Item delivered to Belfast at 4.20pm yesterday, showed on my account at 6.15pm and got my text at 6am this morning. Few more items to come in the next couple of days so I'll see if it keeps up.

Mine arrived at 11:50am yesterday still not on my account. They claim the cut off time is 11am yet yours was processed after 4.20!
    Really annoyed with them now as it's still not showing up on the site, and I've 3 more items on the way to PM.
    Don't think I'll be using them again until service improves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I cant say Im noticing any issues re a delay between items being signed for and checked in?

I havent been checking signed for times to the minute but generally when something has been delivered signed for, its in my local PM the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Any body having any difficulties registering? i cant get past the first page!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

any promotion code for first time users?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭united2k11

Can anyone help me out? A courier says my packaged was delivered to its destination (parcel motel) but on my parcel motel account it does not say that they received any parcel? Does it take them a while to update my account or what? Thanks for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

united2k11 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me out? A courier says my packaged was delivered to its destination (parcel motel) but on my parcel motel account it does not say that they received any parcel? Does it take them a while to update my account or what? Thanks for any help.
    What was the pod name provided by the courier also PM have changed their procedure instead of taking the picture in Belfast it gets sent to Dublin before it's checked in and appears on the account get the pod name and ring the pm customer service number see if they recognise the name might be something like HAWTHORNE that was the name signed for my amazon ps4 delivery in Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

What is going on with Parcel Motel?

I had a PS4 game delivered to them early on Friday. It still isn't appearing on my account and I've heard absolutely nothing from them. They've had it for 2 full days at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Barlett

Yes the same...has stuff delivered to them early on Friday morning...no word...it's barely quicker than An Post at the moment, the service just doesn't seem as good as it was a year ago

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Barlett wrote: »
    Yes the same...has stuff delivered to them early on Friday morning...no word...it's barely quicker than An Post at the moment, the service just doesn't seem as good as it was a year ago

That's weird I had 2.items arrive at lockers the night they were received in Belfast. Yesterday and Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Just wondering is it possible to shop at Sainsburys online (non perishable) and have delivered using parcel motel would PM accept? Anyone have any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Just wondering is it possible to shop at Sainsburys online (non perishable) and have delivered using parcel motel would PM accept? Anyone have any ideas?

It should be, as long as Sainsbury's accept an Irish Credit Card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

It looks likely - the only user in this thread who explicitly mentions trying to buy from Sainsburys (a year ago):
    http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=93720&sort=newest&showmore=1&date_to=&date_from=&query=%2A%3A%2A&forum=583

- He doesn't indicate any further trouble, though you might drop him a PM to make sure.

Argos UK have no difficulty with the Billing/Delivery address discrepancy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Encrustment

Hi guys,

I just ordered a laptop to be shipped from UK to their Antrim address, then down to Cork.

But I couldn't find anyway to notify PM about my package or to pay for it.

Do I just top up my account with a few bob and they do all the rest?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Hi guys,

I just ordered a laptop to be shipped from UK to their Antrim address, then down to Cork.

But I couldn't find anyway to notify PM about my package or to pay for it.

Do I just top up my account with a few bob and they do all the rest?

Mine is linked to my debit card, but you can top up by €10 (minimum). It will automatically be sent to the PM location you have chosen in your account settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Not Parcelmotels fault, but just to inform people that coming up to Christmas, Amazon have started splitting deliveries.

A delivery of five smallish items is now being sent to PM as five seperate packages. Thanks a lot Amazon... I know you do it to get stuff to customers earlier but in this case sadly it just means I pay more :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Not Parcelmotels fault, but just to inform people that coming up to Christmas, Amazon have started splitting deliveries.

A delivery of five smallish items is now being sent to PM as five seperate packages. Thanks a lot Amazon... I know you do it to get stuff to customers earlier but in this case sadly it just means I pay more :(

But this has already been the case since Parcel Motel started. Search the thread for Amazon for multiple warnings.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭Brian017

Can't you chose to group them into as few deliveries as possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Brian017 wrote: »
    Can't you chose to group them into as few deliveries as possible?

To save on shipping costs yes, but they can just send if they want anyway. As already mentioned its not a new problem, happening since PM started.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Allyall wrote: »
    It should be, as long as Sainsbury's accept an Irish Credit Card.

Thought it was going to work until got to billing appears to be no way round the billing address post code checker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Why is that? "Competition?"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement