Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Could you inform PM that you have 5 items coming from the same order, and show them a receipt? That way they may hold on to them and deliver them as one. (Which would have been original idea with Amazon anyway.

Receipt would have to be shown so people don't take the píss.

Maybe PM would accept that?

Thought it was going to work until got to billing appears to be no way round the billing address post code checker?

Try BT36 4PE
    Then
    1A mckinnley Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co, Antrim

Your name is title Countess name PMID Tipperary

Last Name Boy

I think it works. People were buying from them and ASDA earlier this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Also note that DPD are refusing to deliver to the PM Antrim depot.

Can they do that? Which companies ship with DPD? Surely if a supplier accepts the pm Belfast address they have to fulfil their contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Allyall wrote: »
    Try BT36 4PE
    Then
    1A mckinnley Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co, Antrim

Your name is title Countess name PMID Tipperary

Last Name Boy

I think it works. People were buying from them and ASDA earlier this year.

Not sure what your suggesting using PM address for billing together with real name will that work?

Surely that will do more damage to DPD? People will stop using them due to complaints?

Not sure what your suggesting using PM address for billing together with real name will that work?

I don't get you?

Your shipping address is PM.

Billing address is where you're getting stuck?

Maybe some info on this thread for asda.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056938183

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

I don't get you?

Your shipping address is PM.

Billing address is where you're getting stuck?

Maybe some info on this thread for asda.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056938183

Ah think I get what you mean use pm postcode for billing address.Yes getting stuck on billing.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

So I had a delivery sent to Parcel Motel in Dublin this morning at 9.37 am tracked and required a signature..Because the courier went into the reception area of the company with the parcel,they refused delivery...the package is now back with courier in their depot!! hows that for service..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

celticsfan wrote: »
    So I had a delivery sent to Parcel Motel in Dublin this morning at 9.37 am tracked and required a signature..Because the courier went into the reception area of the company with the parcel,they refused delivery...the package is now back with courier in their depot!! hows that for service..

Well thats the couriers fault - you cant make delivery wherever you fancy, you have to deliver to the goods entrance!

Well thats the couriers fault - you cant make delivery wherever you fancy, you have to deliver to the goods entrance!

Surely that could have been easily rectified by telling the courier where that was?

Still,Im sure its not the first time its happened..a phone call from the receptionist to the depot asking someone to come and sign for it would have not been too difficult...

Surely that could have been easily rectified by telling the courier where that was?

Fully agree Allyall..its not much to ask for a bit of common sense these days.. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I disagree. No big deal if he calls to reception first, because they should tell where the parcels are accepted.

Do you really think that reception in Parcel Motel refused to tell the courier where the goods entrance was?

Dont you think it would be more likely (as happened with a delivery of mine) that the courier just didnt want to wait behind an unloading truck or be delayed so he just marked the delivery as refused by customer when reception wouldnt take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭united2k11

A parcel of mine checked in at Atrims depot at around 12:40pm today. Anyone know if my parcel should be at my local parcel motel later?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

united2k11 wrote: »
    A parcel of mine checked in at Atrims depot at around 12:40pm today. Anyone know if my parcel should be at my local parcel motel later?

I had a couple of parcels checked in at Antrim in the morning and arrived at my motel (Tallaght) the same night about 9 pm but in most of the other parcels was overnight about 2am.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

I'm sure this was asked but after reading through 10 pages I've given up so sorry if it's asked multiple times.

Ordered quiet a few things to Parcel Motel and now I need to top up my account. Away for a few days so wondering how long will parcel motel hang onto them. Could I top up my account when I get back and receive them then? Looking to top up on Saturday but today is only Monday.

• Advertisement

Dudda wrote: »
    I'm sure this was asked but after reading through 10 pages I've given up so sorry if it's asked multiple times.

Ordered quiet a few things to Parcel Motel and now I need to top up my account. Away for a few days so wondering how long will parcel motel hang onto them. Could I top up my account when I get back and receive them then? Looking to top up on Saturday but today is only Monday.

I enquired about that in the past, what they said was I had to pay €3.50 every 2nd day, what they said to me was to get a friend to get the parcel from my parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Looking to order a 32 inch TV, but the site I'm thinking of buying from won't ship to ROI. Anyone had a 32'' TV delivered via PM? What was the extra charge? (if there was one).

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 subzero10

For the TV, you need to check the dimensions of the box and weight. They will charge you through the roof for heavy and bulky items

• Registered Users Posts: 34 subzero10

Actually there is one thing I could not find in this forum or on the Parcelmotel website. I want to order around 10 items off Amazon. But they look like they could be shipped by different providers and dates. Will I be charged €3.50 each time which would see a total of €33.50 being charged. ? Any ideas on this

Some of the items are less then £5

subzero10 wrote: »
    Actually there is one thing I could not find in this forum or on the Parcelmotel website. I want to order around 10 items off Amazon. But they look like they could be shipped by different providers and dates. Will I be charged €3.50 each time which would see a total of €33.50 being charged. ? Any ideas on this

Some of the items are less then £5

Yes you will be charge €3.50 for each parcel you get. if it's from Amazon you should get free delivery to Ireland if each order is over £25 and bought directly from Amazon not marketplace sellers.

Just a note,that both dpd and parcel motel have posted on their twitter accounts to deny that theres an issue with dpd delivering to the belfast depot..

Im just relaying the info here...:rolleyes:

Ive worked in the logistics industry and a lot comes down to decisions made by individual drivers. Its possible that the drivers get some kind of time bonus or alternatively get nothing if they have to work longer to cover the shift - but either way, if they drive off rather than wait to deliver it is usually reflective of delays negatively affecting the guys pay packet.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement