Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah I got a dm on twitter from DPD to say they will deliver to parcel motel both here and Belfast if we have any examples please send them onto DPD twitter account @DPDIreland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Guys
    Anyone have a rough idea of turnaround time for a package that was missing a PMID?
    Arrived in Antrim last Monday, I contacted PM to tell them that I noticed the sender left out the PMID but the rest of the name was complete. They said I would get a call from the depot that they would match the names up.

No call by Thursday so called again, told to get proof of delivery signature to the depot (Item was a recorded but no signature required delivery) so described box ect with specific markings on it.

Forward to today and still no reply, sent an email this morning and called this evening but got no answer. Presumably its a busy time for them but Im just wondering whats the normal turnaround time in these instances?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

They are gone very slow on processing orders, I can see from courier tracking website my parcel was deliver yesterday 10am but they only process on the PM website last nite at 11pm still not in my parcel Motel :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

The service is pretty slow at the moment. 5 days (including Sunday), from when they received my parcel to when it was delivered. It took less than a day to get to PM.

I would have been better off with the free delivery option and saving myself the 3.50 fee.

Bring back Orla the PM rep! After ringing this morning and still ending up none the wiser, it's times like these she was a great help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Was over there. The place is packed. They have (Apart from Parcel Motel) tons of stuff. I was only ever there once before and there wasn't a quarter of the amount that is there.

No sign of my parcel. They couldn't find it.
    Pity they couldn't have passed on that information to me before hand, via email/returned call etc.. rather than ignoring me.

Almost exactly a month since it went missing. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

can i check something? i have a parcel that was accepted into parcel motel from parcelforce yesterday morning. it has not shown up on my online parcel motel account yet. is that normal that either it doesnt show up or has not been scanned it yet?

from reading above, there seems to be a delay in processing items?

edit: funny that, it just got checked in. (sent an email to them at 8am as well).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Encrustment

I had an item delivered to PM yesterday morning. The ebay seller removed the PMID from the address, what a dope! So they are trying to track it now - no sign of it on my account yet. Has this happened to anybody before?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I had an item delivered to PM yesterday morning. The ebay seller removed the PMID from the address, what a dope! So they are trying to track it now - no sign of it on my account yet. Has this happened to anybody before?

Yes in my case it was a few months back so didn't take them long to find it, now the problem is they could be a bit longer as quite busy, with your name they should find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

nava wrote: »
    Yes in my case it was a few months back so didn't take them long to find it, now the problem is they could be a bit longer as quite busy, with your name they should find it.

I've been on to them about a missing parcel too, thus far their story is that they never received it which may well be true. I inquired about the sender perhaps leaving the PMID out of the address and they told me because I have a unique name to their database even if it was missing it's PMID number, it would be immediately matched to my name.

I'm in two minds about it though, they may well be fobbing me off, just have to keep onto the sender i guess. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

Seems they are quite busy at the moment. I ordered 3 items from amazon. Typically all items were being delivered separately. One was signed for and took over 24 hours to show up on account. It is an oversized item and my bug bear is that they send it to the Dublin nightline depot instead of the nearest one to your - had to ring them to request it to be forwarded to the cork depot so I can go collect it. Of the other 2 items only one has shown up on my account, but I have gotten 2 separate texts to say that they are in the parcel motel in Mahon point. Haven't collected them yet. Don't seem to be charged for one of the deliveries. Everything seems to be delayed so think we just have to be patient!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

suds1984 wrote: »
    I ordered 3 items from amazon.
    You probably do know, but just in case, you do know amazon do free delivery to Ireland if your basket is over £25

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Oat23 wrote: »
    Looking to order a 32 inch TV, but the site I'm thinking of buying from won't ship to ROI. Anyone had a 32'' TV delivered via PM? What was the extra charge? (if there was one).

Thanks.

Well My mother just ordered a 42inch tv and called parcel motel before ordering and they said yeah it would be fine to get it delivered through them but wouldn't give an exact cost (because we didn't have boxed dimensions) so we ordered it thinking it would be about 10-15 euro (had other oversized items delivered before and that was the sorta price range they cost for delivery) And now we were told its going to cost over 150 euro to get a 300 euro tv delivered to a local night line depot
    it would cost less in petrol to drive to Antrim and get it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

rubadub wrote: »
    You probably do know, but just in case, you do know amazon do free delivery to Ireland if your basket is over £25

They still won't send plenty of electronics to Ireland though, hence Parcel Motel being the workaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Hi all,

Does anyone know, I am expecting an item to arrive at the Belfast depot of Parcel motel tomorrow. They say it takes 24 hours to get to my local Parcel motel drop off. Will it be delivered Saturday or Monday?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into Parcel Motel thread in the Online Buying & Auctions forum

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Hi all,

Does anyone know, I am expecting an item to arrive at the Belfast depot of Parcel motel tomorrow. They say it takes 24 hours to get to my local Parcel motel drop off. Will it be delivered Saturday or Monday?

Thanks in advance.

Yes they do deliver on Saturdays generally, not Sundays however!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

rubadub wrote: »

Ya I know that but as I'm on the road a lot and not at home/fixed workplace during the day, the parcel motel is very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Yes they do deliver on Saturdays generally, not Sundays however!

Perfect, thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Encrustment

Allyall wrote: »
    Was over there. The place is packed. They have (Apart from Parcel Motel) tons of stuff. I was only ever there once before and there wasn't a quarter of the amount that is there.

No sign of my parcel. They couldn't find it.
    Pity they couldn't have passed on that information to me before hand, via email/returned call etc.. rather than ignoring me.

Almost exactly a month since it went missing. :mad:

Was your parcel registered/signed for?

• Advertisement

No update for my own still, getting the usual we will update you before the end of the day but they never call.

Is there any recourse if they have lost your Parcel?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

suds1984 wrote: »
    Seems they are quite busy at the moment. I ordered 3 items from amazon. Typically all items were being delivered separately. One was signed for and took over 24 hours to show up on account. It is an oversized item and my bug bear is that they send it to the Dublin nightline depot instead of the nearest one to your - had to ring them to request it to be forwarded to the cork depot so I can go collect it. Of the other 2 items only one has shown up on my account, but I have gotten 2 separate texts to say that they are in the parcel motel in Mahon point. Haven't collected them yet. Don't seem to be charged for one of the deliveries. Everything seems to be delayed so think we just have to be patient!

Yeah, I've noticed times are not as quick as they used to be. Probably ordered around 30 things into Parcel Motel since it started, all would arrive in to my local locker for pick up the same evening as they arrive in Belfast - bar the last 5/6 items which have taken at least a day. Had something from amazon arrive yesterday at 10am in Belfast, not checked in yet.

It's still a good service and an extra day isn't the worst I suppose, I'm just so bloody impatient and want my stuff NOW :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Is the website down for anyone else?

I really hope they add resources to get the system back to where it was when it began.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

I really hope they add resources to get the system back to where it was when it began.

Yep, down for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Down here too it's driving me up the wall here , I need to change my location
    I'm Also waiting for a package to be scanned in aswell it's been there since Tuesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Its not down for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/http://www.parcelmotel.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Was your parcel registered/signed for?

Nope. Not registered, so cannot tell if it was signed for.
    So the seller offered me a refund or send it again. I asked to send it again.

Hope that wasn't a mistake.

Nightline are starting to show they're probably not capable of dealing with heavy traffic. Have they taken on any extra staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

For balance - I had a problem earlier this week with buying from Tesco Direct UK, I couldn't enter the PMID so I emailed ahead. PM were very quick to respond and picked the parcel up as soon as it arrived, and it was in my locker the following day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭MagicBusDriver1

I am waiting for a Parcel that they signed for in Belfast on Wednesday. It has still not registered on their system.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement