Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Same happened me. They replied to my email that my name and or pmID must be missing from the parcel as that's the only reason it wouldn't be checked in after 2 days. Parcel arrives eventually and guess what , name and ID both clearly visible on parcel.
    They clearly can't handle the volumes of mail they're receiving

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭MagicBusDriver1

L5 wrote: »
    Same happened me. They replied to my email that my name and or pmID must be missing from the parcel as that's the only reason it wouldn't be checked in after 2 days. Parcel arrives eventually and guess what , name and ID both clearly visible on parcel.
    They clearly can't handle the volumes of mail they're receiving

How long did it take to arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Can anyone login
    The site comes up no problem but logging in is a no no

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

spider_pig wrote: »
    Can anyone login
    The site comes up no problem but logging in is a no no

Yep. Just logged in there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Encrustment

I am waiting for a Parcel that they signed for in Belfast on Wednesday. It has still not registered on their system.

Same here. My parcel arrived at 10am Wed morning, no sign of it yet on the website. The ebay seller omitted the PMID from the package for some reason or another, but my name is unique on the Parcel Motel system so it should be easy to track it down. I called them and they said it's probably in Dublin being sorted :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Allyall wrote: »
    Yep. Just logged in there.

Back working now for me package finally scanned in at Antrim depot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

How long did it take to arrive?

I had a tracking number so could see it was delivered to them at 11:50am on a Tuesday. Didn't arrive to my pm locker until 10pm Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

suds1984 wrote: »
    Seems they are quite busy at the moment. I ordered 3 items from amazon. Typically all items were being delivered separately. One was signed for and took over 24 hours to show up on account. It is an oversized item and my bug bear is that they send it to the Dublin nightline depot instead of the nearest one to your - had to ring them to request it to be forwarded to the cork depot so I can go collect it. Of the other 2 items only one has shown up on my account, but I have gotten 2 separate texts to say that they are in the parcel motel in Mahon point. Haven't collected them yet. Don't seem to be charged for one of the deliveries. Everything seems to be delayed so think we just have to be patient!

Went to PM last evening to collect my packages and they was only one package - one of the passwords was invalid. At the moment waiting on one item to be put on the system - would have been delivered on Wednesday. My oversized item is still in Dublin- it didn't get sent down last night so hopefully will be sent down tonight! Just wondering why they can't employ some seasonal staff to ensure that at least everything is being uploaded onto accounts when they arrive into the depot!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

maximoose wrote: »
    Had something from amazon arrive yesterday at 10am in Belfast, not checked in yet.

Emailed them, it has been checked in now and should be in locker by this evening

My parcel (missing its PMID) was finally checked in at 5 today, whopee! They have a photo of the package on my profile. It was signed for in NI at 9am Wednesday morning. Now how long do I have to wait for it to get to Cork? I'm really impatient as my laptop died two weeks ago - this is my replacement. If it was a Xmas gift I couldn't give a ****e.

Do I get a text when it's on it's way or only when it has been delivered to the pickup point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Do I get a text when it's on it's way or only when it has been delivered to the pickup point?

You get the text when the parcel is in your sellected parcel motel

My last email to them was 6 days ago, didn't receive a reply. So i emailed them today.

Almost immediately after i emailed them
    Hi

We have searched all over our depot and are unable to locate this item , the sender will need to issue you with a refund or replacement
    Kind regards

Parcel Motel

:confused:

They could have told me that before i had to email them again, i'm sure they didn't just find out after i emailed them today. Hopefully the seller will issue me with a replacement. It's been over a month, although they do know i haven't yet received it.

What's the problem with PM? (Genuine Question). Did they open too many motels, costing xx amount, and can't afford staff? Or are they just not hiring very much needed extra staff for the Holiday season.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

My last email to them was 6 days ago, didn't receive a reply. So i emailed them today.

Almost immediately after i emailed them

:confused:

They could have told me that before i had to email them again, i'm sure they didn't just find out after i emailed them today. Hopefully the seller will issue me with a replacement. It's been over a month, although they do know i haven't yet received it.

What's the problem with PM? (Genuine Question). Did they open too many motels, costing xx amount, and can't afford staff? Or are they just not hiring very much needed extra staff for the Holiday season.

Just curious,was your item sent to Belfast or Dublin first? did someone from PM sign for it upon delivery...? Ive used PM about 20 times now,only time I had an issue was when I had my parcel sent direct to the Dublin depot earlier this week,but got my parcel the next day from UPS...

celticsfan wrote: »
    Just curious,was your item sent to Belfast or Dublin first? did someone from PM sign for it upon delivery...? Ive used PM about 20 times now,only time I had an issue was when I had my parcel sent direct to the Dublin depot earlier this week,but got my parcel the next day from UPS...

I have no idea.. I have no info for it.
    It may have been genuinely lost. Christmas etc.. But they could have told me there was no sign of it before now.

Anyway, it wasn't a crazy expensive item.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

It may have been genuinely lost. Christmas etc.. But they could have told me there was no sign of it before now.

Ah well,maybe the seller will send you out another one,I tend to use registered post myself to the Belfast depot mainly..at least then if it disappears I can go back to PM an say so and so signed for it... Hope you get sorted either way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

I'm really disliking the website not being updated as soon as the item is accepted in Belfast.

Ordered a Router from Amazon.de during Cyber Monday, shipped on 02/12 in the AM, Amazon.de expected it to be delivered 04/12, still not in my locker and it's not registered post.

Don't know if it's in PM but delayed, not delivered, lost.

At least if the old system of appearing online when accepted in Belfast was still working, I'd know the status.

Got my package this morning finally. Arrived 10am Wed in NI. 7am Sat in Cork.

They used a large locker even though it would have easily fit in a medium one!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Tragedy wrote: »
    I'm really disliking the website not being updated as soon as the item is accepted in Belfast.

Ordered a Router from Amazon.de during Cyber Monday, shipped on 02/12 in the AM, Amazon.de expected it to be delivered 04/12, still not in my locker and it's not registered post.

Don't know if it's in PM but delayed, not delivered, lost.

At least if the old system of appearing online when accepted in Belfast was still working, I'd know the status.
    They don't scan them in in Belfast anymore, they wait for them to be delivered to the Finglas depo and get scanned in there.

I'd cut them some slack as they seem to be really busy over the festive period.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

I noticed that also. Instead of the location of my package saying "Belfast", now it says 'Parcel Motel Depot".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Achilles wrote: »
    They don't scan them in in Belfast anymore, they wait for them to be delivered to the Finglas depo and get scanned in there.

I'd cut them some slack as they seem to be really busy over the festive period.

I'm quite aware that they scan them in Finglas now, as I've already posted such several times in thread (indeed, I think i was the first to note the change) - so I'm not sure why you're telling me what I already know.

The issue has been on going since mid November when they changed over, and I'm not sure why I'm meant to give 'slack' for a paid service.

Do they give us some slack when parcels go missing, get delayed by days, when items from the same order get shipped individually etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Looks like they are doing deliveries to Motels tonite, I see a parcel is on status "Parcel in transit to motel"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

yeah bit of a bumber not taking the picture when it arrives into Belfast, with my PS4 from Amazon, I would have liked the picture taken there at least you know it's safely with them, rang Customer Service about when to expect it and they said on the Saturday, an hour later I got a text that it was in finglas and oversized, don't understand why they charge 7 euro for smaller items ok I understand a large TV but a light object like a PS4 in a large box, but didn't weigh that much and I picked it up from finglas meaning they didn't have to deliver it, yet still charged €7.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

yeah bit of a bumber not taking the picture when it arrives into Belfast, with my PS4 from Amazon, I would have liked the picture taken there at least you know it's safely with them, rang Customer Service about when to expect it and they said on the Saturday, an hour later I got a text that it was in finglas and oversized, don't understand why they charge 7 euro for smaller items ok I understand a large TV but a light object like a PS4 in a large box, but didn't weigh that much and I picked it up from finglas meaning they didn't have to deliver it, yet still charged €7.00.

I've never been charged for an oversized smaller item. Is this a new thing?

I had a TV wall bracket delivered that was too big for a locker. Also a big box that an tefal actifry comes in and no charge other than the €3.50. It was sent to my local depot in Sligo for pickup as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Where did you buy the item may I ask?

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Where did you buy the item may I ask?

Amazon.

New one on it's way. Seller was decent and quick about it. Hopefully this one won't go missing.

Amazon.

New one on it's way. Seller was decent and quick about it. Hopefully this one won't go missing.

I've as similar situation as yourself. Am in discussion with the seller but he's been less than good at responding to my PM's. So far the only response I've got from them is to confirm my address. :/

Did your seller provide tracking information? I think that's the main reason the seller i purchased from replied to me. I was offered a refund or resend. I asked for it to be resent as i still need it.

If there's no tracking info, then (especially at this time of the year) it is possible it went missing in Royal Mail. In which case the seller will have to compensate.

Did your seller provide tracking information? I think that's the main reason the seller i purchased from replied to me. I was offered a refund or resend. I asked for it to be resent as i still need it.

No It was standard delivery, I requested a resend or a refund but he went quiet on me after that.

You can open a dispute in Amazon if it's gone on long enough.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=3149681
    Sellers are responsible for communicating with you and for correcting any problems that might arise with lost deliveries, damaged items or other mishaps. The good news is, if you don't receive an item ordered on Amazon Marketplace, you may be eligible for protection under the Amazon.co.uk A-to-z Safe Buying Guarantee.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_3149681_top_a-z_1?nodeId=3149571
    If you haven't received your order, you must wait 3 days past the maximum estimated delivery date for an order (as indicated in the order details in Your Account) or 30 days from the order date, whichever is sooner, before making an A-to-z claim for an item not received. You can submit an A-to-z claim up to 90 days after the order date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement