Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Allyall wrote: »

Aye I had a read of amazons policy before dealing with him, they wont intervene until 30 days after the transaction, Which for me will be the 16th December. That doesn't leave me enough time to purchase a replacement unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MichB2012

Ordered 3 parcels from amazon, all last monday on next day delivery..all delivered tuesday morning..still waiting on them to be delivered to my chosen motel! They are no longer replying to emails!!, rang on friday and was told it would be in my motel by 8:30pm, didnt happen!! nothing delivered saturday, nothing delivered sunday :-/

Any ideas what the next step is? I understand they are busy with xmas but nearly a week now is a bit extreme. If I go to finglas, will they give them out to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

MichB2012 wrote: »
    If I go to finglas, will they give them out to me?

If they can find them. I went over there last week or the week before, and they would have handed mine out to me if it had been found in there.

The Warehouse is CRAMMED. They must have got the bulk of Target Express' customers after they went into liquidation. They may take a while, but if you have tracking information stating that your parcels are in Finglas, then call over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Apparently you should cut them some slack, even though they've had your parcels a week.

Tragedy wrote: »
    Apparently you should cut them some slack, even though they've had your parcels a week.

If they had of issued some sort of update on facebook or twitter, I would have paid to have my amazon stuff shipped to Ireland instead..theyll charge your card straight away but will hold on to your parcels. Dont know why they didnt wait until AFTER xmas to close a load of their motels

• Advertisement

Tragedy wrote: »

Why? We are paying for the service, if they're not up to it, they should send out a mass email saying they are behind. Or reply to the emails people have sent.
    BTW, "some slack" would be waiting over a week before getting fed up for not getting any updates/notifications. Which seems to be what was done.
    Especially this close to Christmas. If there is anything faulty with what arrives, or if it is a wrong item, we have very little room to manoeuvre before Christmas. Item has to be sent back and refunded or changed. Or Purchased from elsewhere and sent back here.

EDIT:
    Dont know why they didnt wait until AFTER xmas to close a load of their motels
    Did they close a load of their motels?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

2 weeks for myself and still no sign, day after day they promise to get back but dont bother really bad customer service coming from them

Just checking their Facebook and Twitter

They seem to be having loads of people complaining. It's not too late to hire extra staff.

Did they expand too quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

Last package I ordered never made it to my PM. Not sure about using them now

OU812 wrote: »
    Last package I ordered never made it to my PM. Not sure about using them now

Same here. I got it resent by seller.
    I will use them again, as it's a great service, but it's a pity they didn't foresee this. I won't use them for Christmas or expensive items.

• Advertisement

I wouldnt bother using them anymore, save yourself the hassle by spending the extra few quid. Atleast you know youll have it by X date.

Allyall they did, used to have one up at Grange Castle in the garage beside the golf course which is now gone, cant think of the other one. I did get an email from them about but cant find it, could be two or three months ago.

I dont get why they dont give you the alternative to collect from your nearest depot. It saves them putting it in the locker then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

I wouldnt bother using them anymore, save yourself the hassle by spending the extra few quid. Atleast you know youll have it by X date.

Allyall they did, used to have one up at Grange Castle in the garage beside the golf course which is now gone, cant think of the other one. I did get an email from them about but cant find it, could be two or three months ago.

I dont get why they dont give you the alternative to collect from your nearest depot. It saves them putting it in the locker then

Topaz new lands cross might be your closest bet if you used to use grange castle. Last Christmas I never had any problems with deliveries but I guess the workload has increased this year and they cant cope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

A lot of people seem to be having problems - cant say Ive noticed any change in service at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

I was being sarcastic in relation to Achilles earlier post.

I've been evangelising PM since it launched, but going to use it far less now.

Waiting on something that was delivered last Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Are all the people with problems in or around Dublin? Might just be very busy around there and they can't get everything into lockers as quick as usual. The service might be fine for everyone else around the country since stuff is just put onto a van heading to different counties. I had something delivered to Belfast on Sat 30th and it was in my locker at 4am on the Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Oat23 wrote: »
    Are all the people with problems in or around Dublin? Might just be very busy around there and they can't get everything into lockers as quick as usual. The service might be fine for everyone else around the country since stuff is just put onto a van heading to different counties. I had something delivered to Belfast on Sat 30th and it was in my locker at 4am on the Monday.

I'm in North County Dublin and haven;t noticed a change... but might be areas closer to city centre affected most

Im in West Dublin and no probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Bubonic

Not sure if its been said on here yet but I was told on the phone they are having particular problems with oversize parcels,
    as they go to be sorted in a warehouse in Finglas.

Your Parcel Motel delivery is ready for collection at Xxxx Texaco. Your collection PIN is XXXX

About time!! All my giving out went a long way! One down, two to go!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

How long does it take PM to update your account? They had my ps4 since 10:44am but it shows as no activity on my account. Reading all these problems makes me worry about it :( if they lose my package am I out of money? I paid for the extra 500€ liability ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Anyone know a way to order from Next.co.uk? They are cheaper and faster delivery but not accepting card as the card address needs to be the same as the delivery address... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Your Parcel Motel delivery is ready for collection at Xxxx Texaco. Your collection PIN is XXXX

About time!! All my giving out went a long way! One down, two to go!!!

You know if you're really waiting on something you can log onto your account and see packages coming through. They're usually on the system around 4pm, ready to be transported and left in the locker early the next morning (6.30am for my local PM).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

Parcel dispatched by seller Fri 6th.
    Arrived PM About 6PM today
    Arrived in my PM locker Dublin 11PM.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

J o e wrote: »
    You know if you're really waiting on something you can log onto your account and see packages coming through. They're usually on the system around 4pm, ready to be transported and left in the locker early the next morning (6.30am for my local PM).

I dont think youve read the last page or two of posts?? My item was checked in, last tuesday at 11:45am but it was only stored in my motel yesterday! Have another two items that were 'checked in' last thursday, but are still in the depot waiting to be moved to the motel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

My parcel hasn't been checked in still and it was delivered 24+ hours ago...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Bloody Amazon look like they're going to split an order of three items into three packages. Anybody ever get any sympathy from Parcel Motel on such an issue? Going to cost me €10.50 for a single order at this rate. Raging.

Nope. Happened me a few weeks ago. Theres no option on the amazon app to group it into fewer deliveries so it automatically defaults to the 'send my items as soon as they become available'. Parcel motel dont even entertain it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Argh! Reading the last couple of pages I'll be lucky to just get it this side of Christmas. Customers on Facebook waiting 10 days and still no parcel!!

I really shouldn't have used Parcel Motel.

• Advertisement

Pj! wrote: »
    Argh! Reading the last couple of pages I'll be lucky to just get it this side of Christmas. Customers on Facebook waiting 10 days and still no parcel!!

I really shouldn't have used Parcel Motel.

Calm down, 2 people said that on Facebook.

I am happily receiving packages in a timely manner. Ive got one waiting today that I only ordered off Amazon late last week and another in transit from Ebay.

Amazon are annoying me the way they are splitting the orders too but thats something we need to take up with Amazon. I wish there was an option to "Group my items into ONLY one delivery".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement