Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Hmm.....definitely issues. I know that a package for me was delivered to their Northern depot yesterday, but no sign of it being 'checked in' yet, let alone being delivered to the motel. The irony is that I had another package delivered to the motel yesterday, but held off collecting until today (it's out of my way) as I expected the other package to be there - which means I'm 'blocking' a locker for 24 hours longer than if I had been informed about the delay - which means further delays as the motel is full etc etc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Hmm.....definitely issues. I know that a package for me was delivered to their Northern depot yesterday, but no sign of it being 'checked in' yet, let alone being delivered to the motel. The irony is that I had another package delivered to the motel yesterday, but held off collecting until today (it's out of my way) as I expected the other package to be there - which means I'm 'blocking' a locker for 24 hours longer than if I had been informed about the delay - which means further delays as the motel is full etc etc....

Yeah, I do this too - primarily because my PM is a couple of miles from my house, through a very busy stretch of roads - so rather than battle traffic twice I will hold off too - but usually only if something is already there and something else is in transit.

I do wish they had a nearer motel for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Package for me arrived in Belfast on Monday,checked into Dublin that evening and was left in my local locker last night,some lockers have a queue with it being busy...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Yeah they can't deliver stuff to lockers that are full. My local one has been consistently full for about two weeks now.

They're just busy lately is all guys. It's to be expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

I agree, I hope this is something they can expand on in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

PC shutdown as I was replying.

Yeah totally agree. How hard is it to send a group email and tell people? Not everyone is on boards.

Or offer the alternative of picking it up in their depot or another spot.

ANYTHING.

Not

Nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Would you prefer that they work on clearing the backlog, or implementing new procedures? I highly doubt they they have time for both right now. They're not stupid people and so far this is their biggest mistake. People, and companies, are allowed to make mistakes. The proof of their abilities will be making sure it doesn't happen again. I'm sure they'll be working on that already, but they're not miracle workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

emo72 wrote: »
    That's handy to know. However it only takes about 4 minutes to go to the Liffey valley junction and back again. Much handier.

Hmmmm.. from the poster I suggested this route to:
    The Lucan motel is nearby, but it is not possible to cross over the road without going all the way to Liffey Valley and back, perhaps queuing for 30 mins at the Liffey Valley interchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Surely Parcel Motel could have seen this coming? Nightline have years of experience and would no doubt be aware of the surge in December.
    They simply failed to prepare. And don't seem to be handling it very well at all.

Should get interesting in the next week or so when people who have ordered gifts are kept waiting..

• Advertisement

Seems like very few issues tbh. A handful of people here, a handful of people on FB/Twitter.

Out of what I imagine is a customer base of 1000s (considering the number of PMs around the country).

:rolleyes:

I have little doubt that you are wise enough to realise that the numbers expressing complaints on social media represent a much larger group.

In the words of your good and ever so wise self as of Monday:
    A lot of people seem to be having problems

rovoagho wrote: »
    Would you prefer that they work on clearing the backlog, or implementing new procedures? I highly doubt they they have time for both right now. They're not stupid people and so far this is their biggest mistake. People, and companies, are allowed to make mistakes. The proof of their abilities will be making sure it doesn't happen again. I'm sure they'll be working on that already, but they're not miracle workers.

A group email from Orla in the office or info@parcelmotel is hardly implementing new procedures. Nor would it be any time out of their day.
    They could explain the backlog/current situation/reason for delay/expected time frame/anything at all, so that people would know what is going on.

I have no doubt they will be trying to make sure this doesn't happen again, and to be fair, they're not exactly getting a ton of abuse. Just a few people airing their concerns about money they have spent and wondering will their items be here in time for Christmas.

If i get a delayed item arriving on the 14th, will i have time to send it back and receive a replacement via PM before Christmas?
    Many more questions, I am sure they could answer them all in one email. I'm also guessing things are about to get a lot busier for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭emo72

my parcel is sitting in a depot since saturday and they are saying it could be a few more days before a motel comes free. so its seems a least a week of delay. i have 3 or 4 more coming through as well. looking seriously dodgy for christmas. hopefully i may get an option to collect in finglas depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Nah they have gone sh1te it started with them moving the check-in spot from Belfast, it used to be nice to see the picture of the package arriving into Belfast! Have a parcel checked in since last night 9.05 due out to Lucan, rang customer service and they said all there lucan motel was full! I think they took on to much with the littlewoods contract and that isn't helping the situation, but they need to up their game, as they will start to lose customers if their service level continues to decline! As Fred says they could easily send out a text message to users with an eta and highlight any delays!

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Pj! wrote: »
    Surely Parcel Motel could have seen this coming? Nightline have years of experience and would no doubt be aware of the surge in December.
    They simply failed to prepare. And don't seem to be handling it very well at all.

Should get interesting in the next week or so when people who have ordered gifts are kept waiting..

The bottleneck for PM though in dealing with a demand surge is locker availability. Adding extra is impractical, so short of cutting the stay time to 24 hours with penal rates for overstaying, not alot can be done. Even a site dashboard of available spaces in nearby motels would only really be useful for the new outgoing delivery service or cooling people's expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They should give you the option to collect if the motel is full. I think most people understand they are busy, I think its the handling of the situation is what seems to be making it worse.

Getting 4 times the amount of parcels a night is probably more than they could plan for, and the reason a lot are being delayed. I know one which is 2 weeks late, another few that are a week late, so not all smooth. Something which would be helped if they let people know on the site or by text

• Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Davy wrote: »
    They should give you the option to collect if the motel is full. I think most people understand they are busy, I think its the handling of the situation is what seems to be making it worse.

Getting 4 times the amount of parcels a night is probably more than they could plan for, and the reason a lot are being delayed. I know one which is 2 weeks late, another few that are a week late, so not all smooth. Something which would be helped if they let people know on the site or by text

Even collecting is a bit of a joke went up on the Friday night of the PS4 launch to collect my package, their system was some security man taking our names writing them on a piece of paper and handing it to a guy who was coming out with other peoples packages, myself and another guy didn't cop this as we thought securtity man would have passed the info inside and we would wait for it to come out and show the guy the piece of paper! Anyway it got hectic before I left as there was about 10 people arrived and there was no system of who went first, second and third so outside oversized packages I don't think their depot would cope without some real system in place!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Even collecting is a bit of a joke went up on the Friday night of the PS4 launch to collect my package, their system was some security man taking our names writing them on a piece of paper and handing it to a guy who was coming out with other peoples packages, myself and another guy didn't cop this as we thought securtity man would have passed the info inside and we would wait for it to come out and show the guy the piece of paper! Anyway it got hectic before I left as there was about 10 people arrived and there was no system of who went first, second and third so outside oversized packages I don't think their depot would cope without some real system in place!

Yes, I have experienced that also, it seems like it was never actually thought of at all. They don't even ask for the PMid, usually just a name. They should assign a pin or ref number with the oversized text you receive and then give that with the PMid to collect the parcel. If it was to be done properly, have a screen inside similar to whats at the lockers. They you wouldn't have to be shouting through glass to the security guy having to phone up every 5 minutes with more names

@ParcelMotel there is a bug on ur website that would allow me to collect other people's deliveries. Sent an email to support nd got no reply

Noticed this on twitter too. Wonder if there's anything in it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

I know a lot off you guys are waiting for parcels to arrive and I myself have been in similar situations through the years, Parcel delivery can be a nightmare over the Christmas period. Anyway I'd just like to say Parcel Motel have provided me with an excellent service all through the year,and also and most importantly have saved me €€s in postage fees. So I'm sure all your parcels will arrive 'soon'.... I say take it easy on PM this year, Better late than never..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

Are the parcels that people are waiting on mostly Large sized packages? as I've noticed a few times that my larger parcels can sometimes take a day or two extra to arrive.

I imagine that the larger lockers are more in demand and there are far fewer of them. I collected a small package on Monday night that arrived very quickly after the seller in England posted it.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

As a 1st time user of Parcel Motel and I could figure out why my parcel is sitting in in the depot having been checked in and not delivered to Lucan.
    A small notification of delays on their website would go a long way instead of burying their head in the sand and hoping the problem will go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

My own package that went missing wasn't oversized. PM have said they will refund the original amount I paid for the item so hopefully they dont take too long to process the refund

Pj! wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

I have little doubt that you are wise enough to realise that the numbers expressing complaints on social media represent a much larger group.

In the words of your good and ever so wise self as of Monday:

Buzz buzz buzz.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,254 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Slowest delivery ever lol

Capture.PNG

(Snapshot taken today @ 21.36)

Buzz buzz buzz.....

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

2 parcels ordered via amazon 1 day delivery. delivered to pm on tuesday. Still not even checked in. This has been my experience of them from the last 5 purchases also. At least 2 day delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Large tv wall bracket arrived in Belfast yesterday and checked in in Dublin this evening and put on a van to Sligo an hour ago.
    Looks like the problems are caused by full lockers then! They just need to add more at busy locations if they can do that.
    Well My mother just ordered a 42inch tv and called parcel motel before ordering and they said yeah it would be fine to get it delivered through them but wouldn't give an exact cost (because we didn't have boxed dimensions) so we ordered it thinking it would be about 10-15 euro (had other oversized items delivered before and that was the sorta price range they cost for delivery) And now we were told its going to cost over 150 euro to get a 300 euro tv delivered to a local night line depot
    it would cost less in petrol to drive to Antrim and get it myself

I only had to pay €7 to have my 32" TV moved to my local depot for pickup. €150 for a 42" sounds ridiculous!

• Advertisement

Well My mother just ordered a 42inch tv and called parcel motel before ordering and they said yeah it would be fine to get it delivered through them but wouldn't give an exact cost (because we didn't have boxed dimensions) so we ordered it thinking it would be about 10-15 euro (had other oversized items delivered before and that was the sorta price range they cost for delivery) And now we were told its going to cost over 150 euro to get a 300 euro tv delivered to a local night line depot
    it would cost less in petrol to drive to Antrim and get it myself

Are you sure that's correct?
    That must be one seriously heavy weirdly boxed TV.
    I'd query it. It doesn't sound right. at all.
    From their Website
    llJZUjH.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement