Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

Surely, they can work out the stats themselves but they have 1 parcel motel at the Foxhunter in Lucan that serves that area and serves also the highly populated Leixlip, Celbridge, Maynooth and beyond.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Don't think the problem is full lockers. The delay with mine is with checking them in to the depot. It's taking 2 days after PM have received the item before it's even checked in

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Yeah, i'm not entirely sure that all the lockers are full either.

Just got an email that a new Parcel Motel is just after opening in Tesco Maynooth.
    Hopefully this will speed things up for us west of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Have to give them credit where due. Ordered ps4 and it arrived Monday morning I could collect my package Tuesday afternoon then. Good enough experience for me although a bit more contact would have been good as there was no update on my package until it arrived at my motel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,254 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Was on to customer care earlier... Apparently there is a backlog at Lucan motel and they are getting in contact with their Lucan customers to offer storage at Maynooth. Also promising delivery by midnight the next day now link lol

Why don't they publicly admit there is a delay at some motels - instead of hearing snippets through the grapevine etc.
    Jaysus, it is frustrating enough at this time of year without some extra smoke and daggers.
    It would be great to view online the capacity levels at each motel - then the end user could have the option of moving to a different motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

zapata wrote: »
    without some extra smoke and daggers.

A true Bertyism...

the expression is 'smoke and mirrors' :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

If I was them during busy periods like Christmas I would reduce the motel stay to 24 hours to collect your package or else it's returned to the local depot, guaranteed that would free up spare cabinets in busy motels if that is the issue! If the maynooth rumour is true I'll get my 3 amazon deliveries shipped there if I can get them sooner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

When you order something to be delivered to a parcel motel up north to reduce fee's do you have to go up to pick it up or can you get parcel motel to move it form north to a parcel motel near me??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

killanena wrote: »
    When you order something to be delivered to a parcel motel up north to reduce fee's do you have to go up to pick it up or can you get parcel motel to move it form north to a parcel motel near me??

Really? your asking that? Hmm ok

Yes, I'm sure there is one near you, it gets forward it on to the parcel motel of your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Did you read any of this?

http://www.parcelmotel.com/about.html

ok... Im just asking a question in a Q&A forum..

Yep, they will movie it to a Parcel Motel of your Choice.
    Here's a list of locations
    http://www.parcelmotel.com/locations.html

Allyall wrote: »
    Yep, they will movie it to a Parcel Motel of your Choice.
    Here's a list of locations
    http://www.parcelmotel.com/locations.html

Thanks man

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Take that as a 'no' then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I think people actually expect you to read up on the service though first.

This question has been asked a million times in this thread alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Anyone else having trouble with PM this week? I had a package delivered to the depot on Tuesday and still don't have it. Called yesterday and was told there was a backlog at the Lucan motel that should clear in 48-72 hours so they gave me the choice to change motel. I was promised delivery to Sallins today but as yet nothing and they can't tell me if it will be today now :mad:.

Edit Ignore me I should of read the thread first!

Edit #2. Just spoke to them and have arranged delivery to Maynooth. They're going to send a truck to Lucan tonight and allow people collect from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

There's a huge delay on due to Christmas. Whilst less than ideal it will clear up.

This will be a lesson to them for next year I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Hi new to this parcel motel so apologies if the question has been asked before. ..
    Am i right in thinking that if i sync my credit card details with them they will just charge the card when i get a delivery to them??
    Also how long after the parcel has been delivered will it show up on my parcel motel? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

PinkFly wrote: »
    Hi new to this parcel motel so apologies if the question has been asked before. ..
    Am i right in thinking that if i sync my credit card details with them they will just charge the card when i get a delivery to them??
    That's correct :)
    Also how long after the parcel has been delivered will it show up on my parcel motel? Thanks
    Usually it only takes a day or two, but they seem to be over-run right now and could take a week, maybe longer if you're unlucky

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭doing

If they're getting so much more business over Christmas surely they could invest some of that extra money back into the business and hire some temporary staff? Maybe contract out a courier service to deliver the backlog?

If people order Christmas presents and they're very late that will be bad publicity for the company and would put people off using them again.

Rumblings of another Company to set up a similar service in Jan/Feb.
    Anyone else heard this?

I don't know who they are targetting though? Apparently they have been looking for partnerships in the UK and Ireland. I don't know what that means (if they need cash, or if they want contracts etc..)
    I only got some half-assed information, it could be interesting though.

A quick search brought up these - http://www.handling-network.com/dx-ireland-launches-new-parcel-service/
    But then further reading brings up this - http://www.bybox.com/blog/2013/11/19/dx-to-sell-business-direct-to-bybox/

So it may be a business service and not for individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

doing wrote: »
    If they're getting so much more business over Christmas surely they could invest some of that extra money back into the business and hire some temporary staff? Maybe contract out a courier service to deliver the backlog?

If people order Christmas presents and they're very late that will be bad publicity for the company and would put people off using them again.

They have taken on extra staff the past while, even as late as yesterday.

Things should pick up anyway as the black friday/cyber monday rush lifts

• Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Got a text this evening that can would be at Lucan motel between 5 and 8 pm so went down and van full of packages 3 staff scanning out packages picked up two of mine. Spoke to staff member said in past few days they have processed nearly 3000 packages he said it's been crazy problem with the Lucan motel is the amount of customers from liexlip maynooth celbridge using the Lucan motel is causing the issues hopes the maynooth one will relieve the pressure! But I'm impressed they did the Van on site for 3 hours that's what I call proactive by Parcel Motel in addressing the issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

Allyall wrote: »
    Rumblings of another Company to set up a similar service in Jan/Feb.
    Anyone else heard this?

I don't know who they are targetting though? Apparently they have been looking for partnerships in the UK and Ireland. I don't know what that means (if they need cash, or if they want contracts etc..)
    I only got some half-assed information, it could be interesting though.

A quick search brought up these - http://www.handling-network.com/dx-ireland-launches-new-parcel-service/
    But then further reading brings up this - http://www.bybox.com/blog/2013/11/19/dx-to-sell-business-direct-to-bybox/

So it may be a business service and not for individuals.

Hard to see another company setting up against Parcel Motel at this stage.

PM would be so far ahead in terms of infrastructure, and a new Irish post code system could possibly mean that foreign web sites would be able to give a much better delivery service to Ireland and eliminate the need for so many PM type services.

But PM seems to be a huge success so who know's ?

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

ParcelMotel seems to have a serious backlog, I've something Thats still at the depot since 11/12/13 and I have 2 more Amazon orders due to arrive today. Really hope to have them by Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭doing

ParcelMotel seems to have a serious backlog, I've something Thats still at the depot since 11/12/13 and I have 2 more Amazon orders due to arrive today. Really hope to have them by Christmas.

Same here. I paid extra for my stuff to be delivered quickly and now it's just sitting in Belfast. Using Parcel Motel is supposed to be saving me hassle.

They knew business would boom at Christmas so why have't they taken on more staff to compensate? That's what every other business does and it works. It doesn't take 3 days to buy bread at Teso's at Christmas time because they've taken on more staff to deal with the geater traffic. It's not rocket science.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

doing wrote: »
    Same here. I paid extra for my stuff to be delivered quickly and now it's just sitting in Belfast. Using Parcel Motel is supposed to be saving me hassle.

They knew business would boom at Christmas so why have't they taken on more staff to compensate? That's what every other business does and it works. It doesn't take 3 days to buy bread at Teso's at Christmas time because they've taken on more staff to deal with the geater traffic. It's not rocket science.
    I had Super Saver Delivery on my orders but as a gesture of goodwill Amazon upgraded it to First Class for free. My order was split into 2 orders which means €7.00 for 2 lockers, hope they get this backlog cleared up and I can get my stuff before the big day. Here's hoping anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

They lost 2 jacket s I bought on a hkud deal 2 weeks ago. Still can't find them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement