Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

spix wrote: »
    They probably hope people don't read what it says on their site and opt for the extra 10.50 home delivery hence why its still in the Dublin.

You can ask them to bring it to their Limerick depot and collect it yourself with no extra cost, why don't they mention this in the email?

I asked them the same thing as the text didn't mention having it delivered to Limerick depot!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

Does anyone know if I order something from amazon.com and get it shipped to parcel motel will they accept it? When it comes to payment page it has a fee for import fees. Does this mean that no customs will be payable on delivery? It would make it much handier for me to get it delivered to parcel motel! But I believe that they don't take packages with duty owed on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Just checked my account and a parcel is checked in since lunchtime yesterday, no text, no email notification - is this normal, you have to keep checking your account, would have thought they'd send an automated email or something?

edit: my bad - it's at the depot

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

suds1984 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I order something from amazon.com and get it shipped to parcel motel will they accept it? When it comes to payment page it has a fee for import fees. Does this mean that no customs will be payable on delivery? It would make it much handier for me to get it delivered to parcel motel! But I believe that they don't take packages with duty owed on them.

no they won't accept packages with duty owed

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

suds1984 wrote: »

Once you pay the duty on the .com site at checkout then it wont be needed when it arrives so parcel motel will accept it.

no they won't accept packages with duty owed

As above, wont you prepay the duty they will accept it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

Thanks for that. Just wanted to make sure that once I paid the duty on the amazon.com site, no other duty charge would be possible when getting delivered. Never placed an order on usa site before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

pm1977x wrote: »
    Just checked my account and a parcel is checked in since lunchtime yesterday, no text, no email notification - is this normal, you have to keep checking your account, would have thought they'd send an automated email or something?

edit: my bad - it's at the depot

Mines at the depot too. Presumably they're not working New Years Day!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭united2k11

Hi does anyone know if there is a simular company to parcel motel that sends things over from america?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

united2k11 wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know if there is a simular company to parcel motel that sends things over from america?

shipito.com and myus.com have started appearing more and more on U.S. sites. I haven't used them before but both are going for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Anyone get a delivery this morning? I've a package checked in on Tuesday. I know they were closed yesterday but was expecting delivery to the PM this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

J o e wrote: »
    Anyone get a delivery this morning? I've a package checked in on Tuesday. I know they were closed yesterday but was expecting delivery to the PM this morning.

I was expecting today also. I bought a Tablet in Tesco. According to Yodel, It was delivered in their depot on the 31st at 11:17AM.
    No other info at all.

It'll probably show up tonight or in the morning.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

PM in Athlone is broke down, nothing in or nothing out and no sign of a fix, waiting 5 days now for my delivery...:(

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Went to return a pair of jeans to Littlewoods through Parcel Motel. Dropped off the parcel at 8 PM on the 23/12/2013 and Littlewoods still haven't received it.

Item| Status| Depot| Scan Time| Signature / Notes
    1| Outbound| PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN| 31/12/2013| 10:55:07
    1| PM Received| PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN| 31/12/2013| 10:48:24
    1| In Depot| PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN| 28/12/2013| 17:06:55
    1| PM Cust Sent| | 28/12/2013| 02:45:34
    1| PM Cust Stored| | 23/12/2013| 19:59:19

It's been outbound since New Years Eve? Surely that's not right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Red Crow wrote: »
    Went to return a pair of jeans to Littlewoods through Parcel Motel. Dropped off the parcel at 8 PM on the 23/12/2013 and Littlewoods still haven't received it.

Item| Status| Depot| Scan Time| Signature / Notes
    1| Outbound| PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN| 31/12/2013| 10:55:07
    1| PM Received| PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN| 31/12/2013| 10:48:24
    1| In Depot| PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN| 28/12/2013| 17:06:55
    1| PM Cust Sent| | 28/12/2013| 02:45:34
    1| PM Cust Stored| | 23/12/2013| 19:59:19

It's been outbound since New Years Eve? Surely that's not right.

Your parcel is further than mine, I dropped my parcel to the local PM in Tallaght, on the 19th to be sent to another PM in Leixlip, been in Depot since the 21st sent 2 eamils to PM on 23rd and today but no reply so far.

At what point do you get the text to say they received your parcel because I haven't got mine.

Item Status Depot Scan Time Signature / Notes
    1 In Depot PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN 21/12/2013 18:07:09
    1 PM Cust Sent 21/12/2013 03:16:51
    1 PM Cust Stored 19/12/2013 11:33:14

EDIT: Looks like my parcel was deliver on the 23rd, I think it was the days they had some tech problems that's why it didn't update

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I got a text off them this afternoon. telling me my parcel was ready for collection. it was something i only ordered last weekend. so pretty happy with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

nava wrote: »
    Your parcel is further than mine, I dropped my parcel to the local PM in Tallaght, on the 19th to be sent to another PM in Leixlip, been in Depot since the 21st sent 2 eamils to PM on 23rd and today but no reply so far.

At what point do you get the text to say they received your parcel because I haven't got mine.

Item Status Depot Scan Time Signature / Notes
    1 In Depot PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN 21/12/2013 18:07:09
    1 PM Cust Sent 21/12/2013 03:16:51
    1 PM Cust Stored 19/12/2013 11:33:14
    I got my text on the 31st.

Will be 7 days to get from NI depot to Athlone at the earliest, crap service...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

slave1 wrote: »
    Will be 7 days to get from NI depot to Athlone at the earliest, crap service...

Are you sure ? Who told you that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Irish Lion

Irish Lion wrote: »
    Thanks for pointing that out.........
    I had totally forgot about that part of this debacle............

During one of the calls I was asked to describe what I was expecting as well as any identifying marks, brands or words so I gave a description which included rough dimensions.
    The package I was waiting on was about the size of a Free to Air TV box or perhaps a little bit bigger and what the parcel that came could have fitted in someone's pocket.
    On another call I was told that they might have found it but from the description that I was given I told the lady on the phone that it definitely was not mine.
    I assume it was on the way from the depot at this stage but a call to the driver would have stopped the incorrect delivery.
    Best of all is that I was charged for that delivery.
    Since the nearest Parcel Motel is so far away from my place that did however come out to collect the incorrect delivery.

I have used this service many times over the past year and I must admit that when it works, it works well but when it doesn't, the customer service is so bad, it's beyond belief.
    The level of incompetence is staggering.
    The parcel that was delivered incorrectly was about to be delivered again and the email said "i will confirm this item is not yours , i’d be very surprised if it wasn’t". It was wrong the first time, did they think I was going to change my mind????? or that the contents had changed via pixie dust or something??? I have tried to tell them (on several occasions) that the parcel that was incorrectly sent was marked with several PM id's but more importantly the original Royal Mail Shipping label is partially on the package and you can make out the first 2 digits of the PM id and they don't correspond to the first 2 digits of my PM id, but they tried to send it again.

Also, the lack of communication between customer service and myself is pitiful but it's even worse between themselves. No records of calls or mails seem to be visible to others that it has been passed on to.
    They seem to require the same info sent more than once and no sign of a resolution.
    Even when one takes into consideration the volume of packages that Parcel Motel must have been dealing with coming up to the Christmas period, it seems like their controls are at best, inadequate.
    DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE FOR ANY GOODS OF HIGH VALUE (FINANCIAL OR OTHERWISE) WITHOUT INSURING THEM WITH AN OUTSIDE INSURER.
    DO NOT USE THIER INSURANCE BECAUSE YOU ARE ONLY PAYING THEM TO GET THE SERVICE THAT YOU ALREADY PAY FOR, CORRECT.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Meanwhile, delieveries to the wesht (Sligo anyway) were fine all Christmas. I guess I have found one advantage to living out here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Only once have I had an issue with PM. Somehow, my collection point was changed from my usual to Apple's car park. I never called them about the change, neither did I give permission for the same.

Distance-wise, very little in it, but I also happen to know that you need a swipe card to get into Apple's car park. So I called and asked them who changed the collection point and why nobody bothered to inform me.

It was all sorted very quickly (I had to wait another day for my parcel), but it seems details can very easily be changed without a paper trail. PM needs to put procedures in place where they only accept changes in writing. Which I pointed out to them.

Another slightly annoying thing is the fact any over-sized parcels are automatically kept in Dublin and you get a mail telling you to collect from there. You then have to call them and ask for the parcel to be sent down to Little Island which adds on another day.

Why can't their system automatically re-direct large parcels to the depot appropriate to the client address and then they can ask the client to collect/arrange delivery?

Other than that? Very happy with the service, and have no real complaints.

eamonnq wrote: »
    Are you sure ? Who told you that ?

I have the DPD signed delivery for 8.30AM on Monday December 30th, still not delivered to Athlone so it will now be Monday January 6th at the earliest before it arrived, that's the 7-8days...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

slave1 wrote: »
    I have the DPD signed delivery for 8.30AM on Monday December 30th, still not delivered to Athlone so it will now be Monday January 6th at the earliest before it arrived, that's the 7-8days...

But did it show on your parcel motel account as being received and awaiting processing ?

Yep, finally got a response from PM, the Athlone PM is experiencing technical issues...

Had 3 packages checked in yesterday, only 2 got delivered today and the other is still at the depot. If the PM was full, there should really be an option to opt put multiple packages for one PMID into the one locker.

I got someone to send me a small package from their PM to my PM, so a €4.50 sending fee. I seem to have been also charged €3.50 to receive it at my end. So €8 total.

Are we meant to be charged for receiving PM to PM deliveries? I assumed not but could well be wrong as I don't see it specified on the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Has anyone noticed delays in items being checked into the depot? I had an item that is tracked to the depot at midday but not showing up in PM. That's fair enough IMO, only 5~ hours. Before Christmas though (as in November and before) I had parcels that were tracked for 1 and even 2 days to the depot before being checked in.

I wonder if it has something to do with only scanning in at certain times in bulk or whatever. It makes it easy to understand how things to missing (I've had 2 things gone missing).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

J o e wrote: »
    I got someone to send me a small package from their PM to my PM, so a €4.50 sending fee. I seem to have been also charged €3.50 to receive it at my end. So €8 total.

Are we meant to be charged for receiving PM to PM deliveries? I assumed not but could well be wrong as I don't see it specified on the website.

You shouldn't be charge for receiving from another PM
    If I am sending from one Parcel Motel to another will the receiver have to pay?

No, the sender pays and the receiver will receive it at no charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Got an email and text message in mid december to say that I didnt have enough credit to process my PM Parcel, I ignored it as I've never used PM to have anything delivered, I only ever signed up on the 7 euro promotion but never actually used it.

I received another email and text today to say I did not have enough credit to process my Parcel, again I have not ordered anything to be delivered by PM. I called PM and they confirm that I have 2 parcels waiting to be processed, one from December and one today, I then told them that I haven't used their service for any deliveries at all ever. But they are still quite adamant that I pay up and the parcels will be delivered.

What the Hell?

• Advertisement

If you never used it surely your €7 free credit will cover the two parcels?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement