Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

EGriff wrote: »
    Is there any way to retrieve your PMID if you no longer have the txts from when you set it up? I searched my e-mails but there's nothing in there from PM. I set up an account about a year ago (Nexus 4 time) but never ended up using it.

At the PM Login the email address used usually works as the Username in lieu of PMID, and if you can remember the password it should let you into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

So mine has just shown up thank god! Looks like it was held up in a backlog. Judging by the photo they've had some new equipment installed the package was photoed on a conveyor belt rather than the usual table. Maybe this was the reason behind the hold up I wish they had just said that instead of telling me that it was lost :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

n0brain3r wrote: »
    So mine has just shown up thank god! Looks like it was held up in a backlog. Judging by the photo they've had some new equipment installed the package was photoed on a conveyor belt rather than the usual table. Maybe this was the reason behind the hold up I wish they had just said that instead of telling me that it was lost :confused:

They located mine as well, hope to have it tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

My parcel that I sent with parcel motel went from Dublin to Belfast back to Dublin then on Carrigfergus and now it's on its way back to Dublin again! Thankfully it wasn't urgent!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Parcel checked in tonight. Expect it tomorrow then :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Never got my free gift, disappointed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Could be worse, you could have your €7 credit stolen on you.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Collected my parcel this morning, sender HAD NOT put my PMID on it, just my name and the PM address, and that is what caused the delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Picked mine up from the locker today too but the address and ID was displayed correctly so I'm none the wiser as to the cause for the delay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

What's the story with customs and parcel motel?

I ordered something from China on Ebay but they didn't deliver to Ireland so I used parcel motel.

Its something cheap, about €35 or £28. But im not sure about customs.

What can I expect if there's custom charges?

Would parcel motel pay for me? Or I remember a few years ago and I was hit with customs on a cheap phone and I received a letter first. Could I possibly get a letter to parcel motel first and therefore another €3.50 charge?

Anyone dealt with this before?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

No. They do not pay customs charges. They will reject any packages that require payment.

Thanks for that.

I might contact customs and pay whatever is due before it comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Is there still a problem with the PM in Athlone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Thanks for that.

I might contact customs and pay whatever is due before it comes.

You'll be required to pay customs in the UK. Parcel Motel receive items in the UK. Any item over £15.
    All other goods

If you order or send purchased goods other than alcohol, tobacco, perfume and toilet water from a country outside the EU then you:
    • don't have to pay Excise Duty
    • may have to pay Customs Duty on goods with a value that exceeds £135
    • will have to pay import VAT on goods with a value that exceeds £15
    Note that on all goods from outside the EU, Customs Duty is waived if the amount of duty calculated is £9 or under.

You may get lucky, and they may not get asked, or you could ring PM and tell them you have made a mistake (And tell them you'll pay them). Or you could cancel the item/wait and report it as undelivered, and reorder.

Ah balls, turns out the ebay seller was selling on behave of another shop. Kind of like buyincoins and the online shop does delivery to Ireland but ebay didnt. My bad. I'll see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Red Crow wrote: »
    My parcel that I sent with parcel motel went from Dublin to Belfast back to Dublin then on Carrigfergus and now it's on its way back to Dublin again! Thankfully it wasn't urgent!

whats the story with carrickfergus i have a package from amazon signed and marked as delivered at carrickfergus
    i contacted amazon regarding it and got no where, they sent me an email saying my package has been delivered to my address but it should be newtownabby not carrickfergus and noting has shown as received in parcel motel

9 January 2014, 1:12 pm, Carrickfergus COUNTY ANTRIM GB Delivered

9 January 2014, 10:16 am, Carrickfergus COUNTY ANTRIM GB Out for delivery

7 January 2014, 9:04 pm, Wednesbury WEST MIDLANDS GB Parcel left the carrier facility

7 January 2014, 9:04 pm, WEDNESBURY HUB Problem resolved and parcel is in transit

7 January 2014, 9:03 pm, Wednesbury WEST MIDLANDS GB Parcel arrived at a carrier facility

6 January 2014, 12:01 am, Llanelli DYFED GB Parcel received by carrier

6 January 2014, 9:18 pm, Crymlyn Burrows Swansea UK Parcel has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

They're very slow these days, a replacement phone was delivered to them yesterday and still hasn't been checked in on my account, I don't know if I should start to worry or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

They're very slow these days, a replacement phone was delivered to them yesterday and still hasn't been checked in on my account, I don't know if I should start to worry or not.

Don't worry it'll show up at some stage. I returned a pair of jeans to Littlewoods on the 23/12/2013 and there still in transit!

1| Outbound| BELFAST| 08/01/2014| 12:37:14
    1| 3rd Party Link| | 08/01/2014| 10:14:22
    1| Inbound| BELFAST| 08/01/2014| 10:14:14
    1| Outbound| PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN| 07/01/2014| 19:47:15
    1| Outbound| BELFAST| 07/01/2014| 12:23:16
    1| Outbound| PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN| 31/12/2013| 10:55:07
    1| PM Received| PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN| 31/12/2013| 10:48:24
    1| In Depot| PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN| 28/12/2013| 17:06:55
    1| PM Cust Sent| | 28/12/2013| 02:45:34
    1| PM Cust Stored| | 23/12/2013| 19:59:12

Now it's with Connect + who seem to be equally as speedy with delivery.

- Despatched from CARRICKFERGUS DEPOT at 17:26, Wed, 08 Jan 2014
    - Received at PARCEL MOTEL, BT36 4PE 05:36, Wed, 08 Jan 2014
    - Delivery booked 05:36, Wed, 08 Jan 2014

I wouldn't mind the destination on the parcel said the Littlewoods Returns Centre in Finglas! It seems to be going to the UK Mainland so I'm assuming it's going to Littlewoods' warehouse in England? Anyone have any experience with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Do they still deliver to PMs down the country on Saturdays? My OH had a parcel checked in at half 8 last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 freearticles

Hi, You give very good facilities for custumers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

I got a text at 7 this morning to say that my delivery is ready for collection but I wont be able to collect it until about 9am on Monday? (2 hours late) Is there a bit of grace or is there an automatic lockout at exactly 48 hours? This is my first time using PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

cocoman wrote: »
    I got a text at 7 this morning to say that my delivery is ready for collection but I wont be able to collect it until about 9am on Monday? (2 hours late) Is there a bit of grace or is there an automatic lockout at exactly 48 hours? This is my first time using PM.

Well if you check your email it probably went in the locker at some point overnight, that's when the 48 hours start. Your profile probably says you only accept texts between 7am and 11pm, buts that's not when the delivery happened.

Can you send somebody to collect it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Well if you check your email it probably went in the locker at some point overnight, that's when the 48 hours start. Your profile probably says you only accept texts between 7am and 11pm, buts that's not when the delivery happened.

Can you send somebody to collect it?

Thanks for that username123. Just checked and the e-mail was 02.54am. I'll get someone to collect it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Do they still deliver to PMs down the country on Saturdays? My OH had a parcel checked in at half 8 last night.

I got a delivery into a cork pm this morning so yes they do some deliveries on Saturdays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

suds1984 wrote: »
    I got a delivery into a cork pm this morning so yes they do some deliveries on Saturdays

Mine was delivered 10 minutes ago! Great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

Hi,

I am ordering an Item (a helmet) from the US using parcel motel.
    Helmets and protective equipment are VAT free in the UK (should be in Ireland but that's a different story)

I know i will still be liable for duty.
    how would I pay this so as the item is not returned?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

booooonzo wrote: »
    Hi,

I am ordering an Item (a helmet) from the US using parcel motel.
    Helmets and protective equipment are VAT free in the UK (should be in Ireland but that's a different story)

I know i will still be liable for duty.
    how would I pay this so as the item is not returned?

cheers

You would need to get it sent to your home address. Parcel Motel will just return any parcel that has duty to be paid on it.

"What happens if there is VAT and/or Duty due on my item?

Please ensure that any charges payable are paid in advance of delivery. Parcel Motel will not accept responsibility for payment of any VAT or Duty charges due on items delivered. If the postal operator or courier asks for cash on delivery, your item will be refused by us."

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

Toxica wrote: »
    "What happens if there is VAT and/or Duty due on my item?

Please ensure that any charges payable are paid in advance of delivery. Parcel Motel will not accept responsibility for payment of any VAT or Duty charges due on items delivered. If the postal operator or courier asks for cash on delivery, your item will be refused by us."

Thanks Toxica,

I had seen that alright so i was wondering is there a way for me to pay the duty so as the item is not returned to sender.

I'm guessing it would be UK duty due?

• Advertisement

I guess it might be possible to pay it before it's delivered if it was being delivered by courier and you could call and pay by credit card?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement