Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Think it's stopped now. You could call/e-mail them and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Anybody used parcel motel to return items to Amazon. I bought a hard drive that was faulty.. Amazon will only collect from the address they delivered to, parcel motel in NI.

If I just send it pack to the depot through my local locker with the Amazon collection label on it, will they know what to do with it?

Anybody used parcel motel to return items to Amazon. I bought a hard drive that was faulty.. Amazon will only collect from the address they delivered to, parcel motel in NI.

If I just send it pack to the depot through my local locker with the Amazon collection label on it, will they know what to do with it?

I had the same problem too. I simply posted back to Amazon (after getting them to send me a label) and claimed the postage back.

Only after I did this, did I know you can send the parcel back through PM. Have a look on the website under 'I want to return a parcel'.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭sandra_b

Allyall wrote: »
    It doesn't look like junk, I'd be pretty confident that it isn't.

Junk is usually just an envelope. could be a book. It looks slim enough.
    I doubt you could have any hassle returning it, as they made the mistake.

It was not junk, valid parcel for completely different name and PM id (which is on the front label).
    Customer service was quick to respond - they will collect from me.
    If Bob from Cork is reading this, your parcel will be on the way tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

I had the same problem too. I simply posted back to Amazon (after getting them to send me a label) and claimed the postage back.

Only after I did this, did I know you can send the parcel back through PM. Have a look on the website under 'I want to return a parcel'.

Yeah just got an address from amazon to post it back.. They said they will refund the postage..

Just to check i rang PM this morning and they will not accept a delivery to their warehouse to be held and collected by another courier..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Another attempted delivery from pm . Second text in two weeks informing me my balance is insufficient to process the parcel. Junk mail again. I've had to remove my stored debit card details from their system due to being deducted 3.50 every time for junk mail. Even though it's refunded it's still not acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Another attempted delivery from pm . Second text in two weeks informing me my balance is insufficient to process the parcel. Junk mail again. I've had to remove my stored debit card details from their system due to being deducted 3.50 every time for junk mail. Even though it's refunded it's still not acceptable.

Who keeps sending you junk mail to the pm address? Get them to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I'm getting the same, and no way to know who it is unless you can collect it.

I've been able to cancel a couple, but it is beyond ridiculous now. Some may even be third parties, who my details were passed on to. I removed my card a few days ago.

It's difficult to get them to stop. Only the threat of Trading Standards or court action has any effect. Probably even less so when coming from here.

Did those affected actually opt out of receiving marketing mail? I always check and double-check before placing an order. Haven't been affected so far, so hopefully, that'll continue.

I'm getting the same, and no way to know who it is unless you can collect it.

I've been able to cancel a couple, but it is beyond ridiculous now. Some may even be third parties, who my details were passed on to. I removed my card a few days ago.

But who is sending the junk mail? I'm a fairly prodigious online buyer and I've never gotten any junk mail from an online seller, since before parcel motel ever existed.

• Advertisement

But who is sending the junk mail? I'm a fairly prodigious online buyer and I've never gotten any junk mail from an online seller, since before parcel motel ever existed.

I've never had junk mail either. I suspect some users didn't opt out of receiving marketing & 3rd party comms. Hence the junk mailings.

Ones i've (hopefully) stopped so far are MandMDirect, Littlewoods and amazon.

Amazon was my fault, as I hadn't ticked not to send me, after I entered a promotion for free £20 after signing up for free trial of lovefilm.

The other two I have ticked and unticked all of the correct boxes. Makes no difference. As stated a few posts back, PM were helpful, they allowed me to see who it was coming from. But there is more arriving, and as it's from the UK and I don't know from where, It's not easy to stop.

I am waiting for a few 'stays' to be refunded, and at the same time, more junk mail is arriving. :(

I'm going to close my account and reopen a new one. It seems the best way.

I had checked all the settings, as Very early on i received a junk mail, and make sure I choose the correct settings since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

I'm going to close my account and reopen a new one. It seems the best way.

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the heads up, I've ordered from littlewoods Ireland but to my home address, never gotten any junk mail from them though.

This post has been deleted.

Yep. I'd say they've already passed on details too. I don't normally order from them. I have never ordered from Littlewoods, and I tried to delete my details as soon as they went in, When i was going to buy the Nook. Littlewoods lock in your details as soon as you type them. Try it with a fake account.

I definitely made sure to choose the correct settings with them, as I even emailed them asking to remove my details.

MandMdirect was a pair of boots for my sister.

I can't think of any other company like them that I would have ordered from, as I prefer to avoid them.

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the heads up, I've ordered from littlewoods Ireland but to my home address, never gotten any junk mail from them though.

I'm guessing, but maybe different laws in the UK for Junk Mail..?

I'm guessing, but maybe different laws in the UK for Junk Mail..?

Yeah maybe. That's very annoying for you.

Yeah maybe. That's very annoying for you.

I'd be nearly tempted to set up thousands of fake accounts, in the hope they'd waste a serious amount of cash in junk mail, enough to make them stop altogether.. :P:D

..... If I thought it'd work.. :rolleyes:

I'd be nearly tempted to set up thousands of fake accounts, in the hope they'd waste a serious amount of cash in junk mail, enough to make them stop altogether.. :P:D

Using politicians addresses?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭Esel

A guy in the States did that in the pre-internet days - but he got it all delivered to his house on purpose. He ran his boiler on it. Free heating and hot water.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

Sorry I'm sure this has been covered many times but it's a 300 page thread....

Right so I signed up to Parcel Motel.

I want to buy a game on Amazon UK which is elegible for super saver delivery.

I put in the Antrim Parcel Motel address with my personal number etc.

So when the parcel arrives to Antrim I just have to pay €3.50 to have it delivered to my local Parcel Motel location in Dublin?

Correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

panama wrote: »
    Sorry I'm sure this has been covered many times but it's a 300 page thread....

Right so I signed up to Parcel Motel.

I want to buy a game on Amazon UK which is elegible for super saver delivery.

I put in the Antrim Parcel Motel address with my personal number etc.

So when the parcel arrives to Antrim I just have to pay €3.50 to have it delivered to my local Parcel Motel location in Dublin?

Correct?
    Yep correct, you have done a prepay on your PM account or registered your card with them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

WikiHow wrote: »
    Yep correct, you have done a prepay on your PM account or registered your card with them?

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I registered my debit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

panama wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I registered my debit card.
    Your on the ball :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 ZombieSkelper

So I got something delivered from Amazon to the Antrim depot, which is then coming down to me in Galway. It arrived in their depot at 4pm yesterday and PM are telling me that it will then be sent to Dublin tomorrow, and then over to Galway. That all seems very convoluted and will in fact take the same amount of time as if I'd just ordered normally from Amazon. Would not recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

So I got something delivered from Amazon to the Antrim depot, which is then coming down to me in Galway. It arrived in their depot at 4pm yesterday and PM are telling me that it will then be sent to Dublin tomorrow, and then over to Galway. That all seems very convoluted and will in fact take the same amount of time as if I'd just ordered normally from Amazon. Would not recommend.

Is it cheaper than having it sent directly from the UK to your Irish address ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Why did you use PM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Is it oversized? Normally items delivered in Antrim are in Galway around 6.30am the next morning. I've had 50+ items delivered from Antrim to Galway and the only one that went to Dublin was oversized.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 ZombieSkelper

eamonnq wrote: »
    Is it cheaper than having it sent directly from the UK to your Irish address ?
    It was from Amazon so I could have had it sent in 4-5 days for free or 3-4 days for about £5, and I'm paying €3.50 for PM anyway
    Why did you use PM?
    Because it was supposed to be the fastest method.
    J o e wrote: »
    Is it oversized? Normally items delivered in Antrim are in Galway around 6.30am the next morning. I've had 50+ items delivered from Antrim to Galway and the only one that went to Dublin was oversized.

Nope not at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Because it was supposed to be the fastest method.

In my experience it is, which could be just down to luck... That's not the purpose of PM, so you can't really complain about that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement