Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

Had the exact same problem several times before Xmas with oversize parcels from Uk. Unless you are all over them and follow up with emails and phone calls you will get no joy and one of mine got sent back to Belfast by mistake. Another was sent to the wrong depot. Someone in Dublin doesnt seem to to be able to use common sense. I would have thought that checking the address or PM number would reveal that the addressee lived in Sligo so therefore it would follow on that this item should be sent to Sligo ? Oversize items are definitely a problem with them. On a different note I don't enjoy moaning about PM as I was one of their biggest fans when the service came on line , but I intend to tell it like it is until things change for the better and the flaws are ironed out, and unless the customer reminds them that certain things are not good enough in this day and age then it will continue. I will still continue to be a customer and hope that things go better this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

I got a parcel delivered to them without a PMID - my error. When I rang up to see what would happen it sounded like this was the first time this had happened. It's hard to believe they don't have a system for this - it's not like they aren't used to tracking packages . . . Normally I check & double check and triple check the address to make sure I include the PMID, but this time I had to resubmit the order a couple of times and I must have forgotten to do the triple check. My mistake.

Given a name and a delivery date within the last week they couldn't check was there a parcel in their "lost & found" section with the name Zig McZagmund on it. If they have that many badly addressed parcels then this is all the more reason for them to develop a system for tracking.

If they just logged details like the date delivered and the name, then when you rang up (or submitted an online request) they would at least be able to say that there was a parcel that was likely to be yours and redirect it to the address for your PMID. As it stands it seems like they will have some bloke go sorting through a big mass of parcels.

It just seems weird - their business revolves around parcels, so it's not like they have to invent a system & infrastructure for this tracking. Was I just unlucky or do they really not have something in place?

z

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

rusty999 wrote: »
    Nah, just wont use them again.
    rusty999 wrote: »
    I will still continue to be a customer and hope that things go better this year.

Change of plan ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

:cool: Same here, tracking showed a packet delivered to NI, nothing on the system after two days. Told the sender 'probably left out ' the PM number -'will ask somebody to look for it'.
    They have had plenty of packets for me in the past, would a little common sense be that difficult. !

Yes, this suprises me too, I would assume that most of the parcels that arrive have a tracking number (from RoyalMail or whoever), and they could just record this number and a location on a shelf in their lost area, plus the customer name (if present on the parcel).

You ring/email looking for your parcel (quoting the tracking number if you have it) and they can match one with the other, bang your PMID on it and away we go.

• Advertisement

• I love Parcel Motel. I'd use it more if the locker location nearest to me hadn't closed. Also the pic they take of the parcel is a nice idea. I just wish the resolution would be a bit higher so I could zoom in (and tell which parcel it is!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Ordered something from Amazon to be sent to ParcelMotel and it was despatched today. Hope everything goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

I love Parcel Motel. I'd use it more if the locker location nearest to me hadn't closed. Also the pic they take of the parcel is a nice idea. I just wish the resolution would be a bit higher so I could zoom in (and tell which parcel it is!)

:D I never get a picture sent to me. Is that an optional setting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

recipio wrote: »
    :D I never get a picture sent to me. Is that an optional setting ?

If u log into it pm account there's a little camera icon beside each item if u click that it will show a pic

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I think I have fooked up royally.

I advised a friend to use Parcel Motel to buy a large piece of craft machinery from England, they only do UK delivery.

We knew it was oversized and presumed it would arrive at the local depot and we would collect it, but she just got a message there to say its in Dublin! 120 miles away.

Is the only option the €10 to have it home delivered?

EDIT:

I think I just have to email them and ask for the parcel to be brought to the depot in Waterford at no extra charge, just the €7 for the oversized parcel stay.
    What happens if the item I have ordered is oversized and does not fit into a Parcel Motel locker?

We will notify you by SMS text and Email to let you know if your parcel does not fit into one of the lockers and ask you to collect at our National Distribution Centre in Finglas or to contact us to make alternative arrangements, which include an option to collect at any of our other Nightline Depots (at no extra charge) and onward delivery. Additional Charges may apply for onward delivery. Please refer to our prices explanation page for more information. Please do not call to Finglas to collect an item until you have received the SMS notification text.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I think I have fooked up royally.

I advised a friend to use Parcel Motel to buy a large piece of craft machinery from England, they only do UK delivery.

We knew it was oversized and presumed it would arrive at the local depot and we would collect it, but she just got a message there to say its in Dublin! 120 miles away.

Is the only option the €10 to have it home delivered?

If they have a Depot near where you live you can contact them to redirect there and collect from there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Ordered something from Amazon to be sent to ParcelMotel and it was despatched today. Hope everything goes well.

It was delivered to ParcelMotel and collected by myself with no problems yesterday. Great service.

nava wrote: »
    If they have a Depot near where you live you can contact them to redirect there and collect from there.

Yeah, I just emailed with her details and asked for it to be sent to Waterford, hopefully it will get here soon so she can collect. Still for €7 its still good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Have used Parcel Motel on 3 occasions now & have to say, am extremely happy with the service they provide. Have saved a lot of money on one purchase & another wouldn't deliver to Ireland, so am delighted with the service they provide.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

How long typically does an Amazon delivery take to reach NI? Getting estimated 14th dispatched today.

Yeah, I just emailed with her details and asked for it to be sent to Waterford, hopefully it will get here soon so she can collect. Still for €7 its still good value.

Just in case anyone finds them selves in the same situation, I emailed Friday and the reply said they would move it to Waterford.

I got no notification so I chanced an email this morning and they replied instantly that the item was in Waterford and she went over and collected it.

Well worth €7.

Its the first time the retailer had used parcel motel and to be honest he really thought we were scamming him, but now the retailer is going to add the option to their shipping to ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Guys i am hoping someone can shed light on a query i have.

I ordered 9 x polo shirts from Sports Direct. I got them sent to PM (rookie mistake as i should have used DHL for the same price to my door).

The box arrived oversized so i phoned up to make arrangements to get it sent to Waterford assuming it would be €7.

The guy told me it would be €28.

So how could it be €28 considering there are only 9 shirts in the box?

Edit: Well to answer my question it is dimensional weight they use so 64 x 41 x 64 / 3000 = 55kgs

So the moral of the story is dont use Sports Direct via Parcel Motel if the order is any way large :p

Edit: It is perfectly fine using PM for a Sports Direct order. I was quick to jump the gun with the above statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Edit: Well to answer my question it is dimensional weight they use so 64 x 41 x 64 / 3000 = 55kgs

So the moral of the story is dont use Sports Direct via Parcel Motel if the order is any way large :p
    Thought this might have been the case. I got some items on amazon and was offered smaller packaging, they were saying it was eco friendly packaging. If ordering again you could ask if they could unbox things. I want to order from the UK and am worried the item might come in an oversized box, when its just raingear.

I ordered 9 x polo shirts from Sports Direct. I got them sent to PM (rookie mistake as i should have used DHL for the same price to my door).

The box arrived oversized so i phoned up to make arrangements to get it sent to Waterford assuming it would be €7.

I can't understand how they charged you that, the box that I got sent to Waterford was:

25 x 101 x 11.5 cm and weighed 4.05kg, the charge was €7.

I can't understand how they charged you that, the box that I got sent to Waterford was:

25 x 101 x 11.5 cm and weighed 4.05kg, the charge was €7.

25 x 101 x 11.5 / 3000 = 9.67 so under the 10kg mark where they charge you more.

That is my understanding of how it works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

25 x 101 x 11.5 / 3000 = 9.67 so under the 10kg mark where they charge you more.

That is my understanding of how it works.

No dimension can be over 64cm or its oversized.

nevermind.. didn't read previous posts :)

So the moral of the story is dont use Sports Direct via Parcel Motel if the order is any way large

By my calculations this means you should have been charged 21 euro not 28

In addition to the €7.00 Parcel Motel charge, there is a supplement of €7.00 per 10kgs (over the 35kgs) or part thereof per parcel.

To follow up on my oversized €28 post:

I walked 3 miles out to the Nightline Depot to find that the item was not even mine. It was a motorbike item. It had my name on it but no PMID.

PM assumed it was mine even though when i phoned up i said the item was from Sports Direct. This box was from some Motorbike company and the sticker on it said as much.

I understand that items having no PMID must be a constant source of annoyance for them but to just slap on a PMID without consulting the person in an e-mail or a text is just wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

I walked 3 miles out to the Nightline Depot to find that the item was not even mine. It was a motorbike item. It had my name on it but no PMID.

PM assumed it was mine even though when i phoned up i said the item was from Sports Direct. This box was from some Motorbike company and the sticker on it said as much.

I understand that items having no PMID must be a constant source of annoyance for them but to just slap on a PMID without consulting the person in an e-mail or a text is just wrong.

you should make a complaint to them because that is terrible service and they have wasted a huge amount of your time

Jaysus, fair play to you walking 3 miles to collect an oversized parcel, at least they saved you having to walk back 3 miles carrying it!!

So where's you parcel? What do sports direct say?

you can get the bus to ballybeg, if that's any help.

So where's you parcel? What do sports direct say?

you can get the bus to ballybeg, if that's any help.

The Polo-Shirts arrived yesterday wmpdd3. I could have got the bus but it was nearly as quick walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Ordered a phone off E bay last weekend to be delivered to PM,got my notification(but no photo which i thought strange as i always have one) on Wednesday went to collect it tonight to find a wrong package rewrapped in a PM bag the original package had no name or PMID, a return address that wasnt where i bought from and the post mark had Jan 21st on it WTF! Will be having words in the morning :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

NATLOR wrote: »
    Ordered a phone off E bay last weekend to be delivered to PM,got my notification(but no photo which i thought strange as i always have one) on Wednesday went to collect it tonight to find a wrong package rewrapped in a PM bag the original package had no name or PMID, a return address that wasnt where i bought from and the post mark had Jan 21st on it WTF! Will be having words in the morning :mad:
    I too did not receive a repaired phone back which went through Newtonabbey and Dublin. I finally after a long delay got an empty package. Am waiting for a Parcelmotel manager to get back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Hi there. We give 2 free credits when you register so that you can use the service twice for free before you need to pay for it. The minimum top up amount is €10.50 (3 stays) but you can also opt for Pay As You Go so that you are only charged as your parcels arrive. So if you only have one parcel, you will only be charged €3.50.

Has anyone got a screenshot or maybe an email record please of the original offer of two free stays? Did it state anything about them expiring?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement