Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭tiegan

zagmund wrote: »
    Unless you are shipping liquids with no lid, or glass with no packing (neither of which are really going to happen) then the length becomes the height just by putting it on its side. In other words the dimensions aren't fixed other than in terms of length. Start with the longest side that your parcel has - if it's over 64 whatevers then you're out of luck. If it's shorter, then check the next dimension. If it's over 48 then you're out of luck, etc . . .

z

inches or cm?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

tiegan wrote: »
    inches or cm?

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Milkybarkid7

Does anybody have any promotion codes for PM please?
    First time user here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Does anybody have any promotion codes for PM please?
    First time user here.

I never heard of promotion codes, but if you include a PM number from another user you might get a free stay not sure if you both get it or the PM user that refered you get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Virtual

Have used PM quite a few times. Here is something I am wondering though: if a package arrives on Friday before 4pm in Northern Ireland, will it get delivered to the locker Friday/Saturday or will it be delivered on Monday?

Has anybody experienced this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

J o e wrote: »
    Saturday

I can confirm this, got a saturday morning package only a few weeks ago.

I think it's great that they do this, otherwise a Friday package would be carried over the weekend. Thanks Parcel Motel! :D

By the way, is there a problem with the website? I'm seeing errors if I log in on my phone and 2 parcels which have been accepted for me by PM today are not showing.

I don't get parcels that often, these 2 just happened to come in on the same day. Usually they're checked in around 2 hours after arrival.

I just checked my account and I see that I received both of them today in NI. One is CheckedIn and one is InTransit. I assume that one arrived a bit later than the other and the car already left for ROI.

I really like PM a lot. It is an amazing service.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I can confirm this, got a saturday morning package only a few weeks ago.

I think it's great that they do this, otherwise a Friday package would be carried over the weekend. Thanks Parcel Motel! :D
    I would prefer an option to delay till monday, see my previous old post about it.
    rubadub wrote: »
    Is there any way to get things delayed by a day? or even specify a delivery day e.g. I get a text late friday so take it I have until sunday night to pick it up -48hrs. But the pickup point is on the way to/from work. If it had come at any other time other than between 5.30pm Friday & 8.30am Saturday I would be able to get it on my regular trip.

It is near enough to me but I expect some other long commuters might have had the same problem, having to pick it up many miles away on a weekend.

reply from the PM rep at the time
    If it's only expired by a few hours over the weekend, please call us and we will extend your stay FOC so that you can collect on your commute. :)

And regarding what I was talking about earlier. My package arrived at 3-4 PM in Northern Ireland and at 23:45 in the same day the package was at my locker.
    Delighted with the service PM motel.
    Keep it up guys.

• Advertisement

Virtual87 wrote: »
    And regarding what I was talking about earlier. My package arrived at 3-4 PM in Northern Ireland and at 23:45 in the same day the package was at my locker.
    Delighted with the service PM motel.
    Keep it up guys.

I'm not so happy. Had 2 parcels arrive into Dublin on Friday, one as early as 10am. Still no trace of them and I'm sure there was a PM code on them.

This is not the service I've come to expect :( looks like they won't even be in the locker on Monday now.

Normally it's spot on. Like with yourself. Maybe the Belfast depot is better staffed for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I'm not so happy. Had 2 parcels arrive into Dublin on Friday, one as early as 10am. Still no trace of them and I'm sure there was a PM code on them.

Had you ordered from the company before using the same delivery details and had included the PMid?

This is not the service I've come to expect :( looks like they won't even be in the locker on Monday now.

Normally it's spot on. Like with yourself. Maybe the Belfast depot is better staffed for this?

Is there any update on the Parcel Motel site? Like usually there would be something like InTransit or CheckedIn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

This is not the service I've come to expect :( looks like they won't even be in the locker on Monday now

What makes you think this?

What makes you think this?

Well, it needs to be checked in today for it to be processed by Monday (they only work until 14:30 on Saturdays according to the website). That's why. Neither of them show up on my account yet and I'm sure I put the PMID in the address for both of them.

I just called them, they said it probably wouldn't have had the PMID on it (which is strange because one of them would have come through there before from the same vendor before the same address details and it did have it on there last time). He'd ask the warehouse to look for it. I hope they'll find it today. The other one I'm not so worried about (it only came in at 4pm yesterday anyway) but it's not the one I'm waiting for.

I'm just a bit in a hurry this time because the one I'm waiting for is a high value item and I'm out of the country from mid next week. I don't really get it, normally they're like clockwork. I've had 17 parcels through them so far.

At least I extended the liability for this one before it arrrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 parryowd

Hi guys. Im new to using PM and just have a few questions. This may seem dumb, but you do just include like the Co. Antrim address with your PMid, and it sends to your preferred PM. I assumed when you used the address you but in your preferred address but I guess not.

Then, is there an extra charge for using the Antrim address over the Dublin one. Free shipping to NI so it'd be nice to get that. I live in Wexford btw.

Finally, when putting the address to be delivered, there are 7 lines I need, but there are only 6 available. Can I put my PMid, and Parcel Motel in the same line, do I need Parcel Motel at all. It may seem dumb, but I dunno if they're really strict with how it's formated when they receive it...

parryowd wrote: »
    Hi guys. Im new to using PM and just have a few questions. This may seem dumb, but you do just include like the Co. Antrim address with your PMid, and it sends to your preferred PM. I assumed when you used the address you but in your preferred address but I guess not.

Then, is there an extra charge for using the Antrim address over the Dublin one. Free shipping to NI so it'd be nice to get that. I live in Wexford btw.

Finally, when putting the address to be delivered, there are 7 lines I need, but there are only 6 available. Can I put my PMid, and Parcel Motel in the same line, do I need Parcel Motel at all. It may seem dumb, but I dunno if they're really strict with how it's formated when they receive it...

No need to put 'parcel motel'

No extra charge for using antrim address over dublin.

Put antrim address, and once your unique ID is on the parcel it will be forwarded automatically to your selected motel in wexford.

Is there a UK address I can use to avail of free UK delivery?

Yes. Simply give the Parcel Motel UK Address (below) as your delivery address and your parcel will arrive at your local Parcel Motel in Ireland. All you will need to pay is the Parcel Motel transaction charge.

Your Name
    Your PM ID
    1A McKinney Rd
    Newtownabbey
    BT36 4PE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

You only include the Antrim address, when they get it in PM they reidrect to your chosen PM location.

No extra charges from PM, you only the €3.50. PM is handy when buying from companies that don't ship to Ireland or shipping is way more expensive than UK.

The standard address is the below, is not enought spaces you can put the Name and PMID in the same line.

Your Name
    Your PMID
    1A McKinney Rd
    Newtownabbey
    Antrim
    BT36 4PE

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The essential bit is the PMID, the postal code is for a nightline courier depot

if you enter BT36 4PE in google you get
    Nightline
    1A McKinney Road
    Mallusk
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

So when it lands in there the nightline guys will need key in your PMID number and know where it is to go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Anyone ever use pm for pc world uk?
    They have a laptop I really want

Having trouble where to put my pmid code and name?

• Advertisement

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Anyone ever use pm for pc world uk?
    They have a laptop I really want

Having trouble where to put my pmid code and name?

I think you will need a UK registered bank card to buy from them.

You could try doing a price match elsewhere or ask in ROI branches.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Davy wrote: »
    I think you will need a UK registered bank card to buy from them.

You could try doing a price match elsewhere or ask in ROI branches.

Ah I see, thanks. Price difference between here and the uk is crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 5 almay999

I have been using PM for a while now and had no problems until yesterday when I tried to send a parcel. The instructions in the email asks you to "scan the barcode", actually there are two on the label a big one at the top and a little one down the side. An error message comes up saying "feature not available" and apologising and suggests trying again later or phoning. I phoned and of course the office was closed. The email says type in the number if the scanner isn't working, I did that and got the same message.

I phone PM this morning and was abruptly told that I had scanned the wrong barcode and entered the wrong number. All this issues could have been avoided if the email had said "Scan the left-hand bar-code or enter the PRSL Number". The error message also says that the unit not working and that I should try later.

I was informed that I should have watched the video at the unit and that everybody else had managed and so its me and not the poor instructions and the misleading error message at fault.

PM please:
    - Provide clearer unambiguous instructions
    - Display meaningful error messages
    - Employ more helpful customer service people who can empathise with and help customers

Its is a pity that this should have happened as the service has been good upto now.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

almay999 wrote: »
    I have been using PM for a while now and had no problems until yesterday when I tried to send a parcel. The instructions in the email asks you to "scan the barcode", actually there are two on the label a big one at the top and a little one down the side. An error message comes up saying "feature not available" and apologising and suggests trying again later or phoning. I phoned and of course the office was closed. The email says type in the number if the scanner isn't working, I did that and got the same message.

I phone PM this morning and was abruptly told that I had scanned the wrong barcode and entered the wrong number. All this issues could have been avoided if the email had said "Scan the left-hand bar-code or enter the PRSL Number". The error message also says that the unit not working and that I should try later.

I was informed that I should have watched the video at the unit and that everybody else had managed and so its me and not the poor instructions and the misleading error message at fault.

PM please:
    - Provide clearer unambiguous instructions
    - Display meaningful error messages
    - Employ more helpful customer service people who can empathise with and help customers

Its is a pity that this should have happened as the service has been good upto now.

You're right - bizarrely they don't bother with proper instruction in that video or in writing on the site at all. It's counterintuitive that the much less prominent side barcode is the customer one. Wet weather (ie. furiously drying the sensor like an idiot) compounds the generic "service unavailable" error code. I persevered and ended up manually entered the correct code only due to the powerful disincentive of carting the 10KG parcel back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Point 7 on the "How to send a parcel" link on the website does indicate which barcode to use. Is that info missing somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 almay999

00112984 wrote: »
    Point 7 on the "How to send a parcel" link on the website does indicate which barcode to use. Is that info missing somewhere else?

Absolutely, here is the email from Parcel Motel with the instructions. It does not say which barcode or which number. There is a very prominent number on the label and I would say that is "the number". The other two numbers are impossible to read without glasses for me.

3. Scan the barcode on the label to open the locker.
    The barcode scanner on the Parcel Motel is located to the left below the touch screen and has a red flashing light.
    Hold the barcode in front of the red scanning beam until you hear a beep and a door pops open.
    If you have difficulty scanning the barcode, please key in the number using the on-screen keypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

00112984 wrote: »

I stand corrected - and glad they've clarified this at least. No illustration like this was on the site around Christmas, just a vague reference even in the video to scanning the bar code. Neither code scanned for me at the time and the error message generated was useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

From email:

"Be one of the first to get your hands on Titanfall or Dark Souls II with FREE Parcel Motel shipping when you pre-order with GameStop.ie

HOW IT WORKS
    You must be registered with Parcel Motel to avail of this offer.

Place your order on either TitanFall or Dark Souls II at GameStop.ie using your Parcel Motel (Finglas) address for delivery (don't forget to include your PMID in the address).
    Select 'ROI - Express' as your shipping method.
    Use the coupon code PARCELM at the checkout to ensure FREE shipping. GameStop will cover the Parcel Motel delivery fee."

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Can you shop at sainsburys / asda grocery (for non perishables) using Antrim address will it work? I'd like to give it a try, (unfortunately tesco don't deliver in my area)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Can you shop at sainsburys / asda grocery (for non perishables) using Antrim address will it work? I'd like to give it a try, (unfortunately tesco don't deliver in my area)

Probably not cos items wouldn't be packaged

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement