Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Once again excellent service from Parcel Motel, got all my packages the last few days right on time.
    Def can't fault them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shketo

Does anyone know if PM is suitable for small items? I'm thinking of purchased stamps, postcards, football programmes or is it "parcels" only? Do you choose your user ID or is it a number or something else impersonal? Any advice much appreciated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

It's suitable if you don't mind paying the extra €3.50. Your ID will be something like PM123456.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

shketo wrote: »
    Does anyone know if PM is suitable for small items? I'm thinking of purchased stamps, postcards, football programmes or is it "parcels" only? Do you choose your user ID or is it a number or something else impersonal? Any advice much appreciated.

It depends what you mean by suitable. I get some small items, generally they are items that won't deliver to Ireland. If they deliver to Ireland and postage costs are not prohibitive I just send small items to my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

shketo wrote: »

If the seller will only deliver to the UK then PM are fine. For a small item like an envelope they will put it in a large PM plastic envelope which takes the new label and prevents accidental loss.
    If buying off ebay be sure and tell the seller not to split the order - I've had small items sent in separate envelopes ........maddening. !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Parcel motel want 21euro from me because they said the item is oversized. This is the item i bought and its not big at all. I only went with parcel motel to save money now i will be down 21euro :( Is there any way round this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Maxell-MXSB-Digital-SoundBase-Speaker/dp/B00ALYO5H4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399477701&sr=8-1&keywords=maxell+soundbar

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Inbox wrote: »
    Parcel motel want 21euro from me because they said the item is oversized. This is the item i bought and its not big at all. I only went with parcel motel to save money now i will be down 21euro :( Is there any way round this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Maxell-MXSB-Digital-SoundBase-Speaker/dp/B00ALYO5H4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399477701&sr=8-1&keywords=maxell+soundbar

Wider than a 32inch TV and probably in a very large box. It is likely very oversized for all the motel pods. Collect it from them yourself to save them money?

Um, the dimensions on the link you gave are 720mm x 340mm x 50mm.

Parcel Motels largest dimension is 640mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Like others said it's definitely oversized as you can see on the amazon link you provided. Unboxed it's 72cm where 64cm is max to fit and that should include packaging. Why do PM want €21? Just the oversized charge seems to high for that (unless it's in a ridiculously big amazon box). If you collect it @a local nightline depot it probably only cost €7, is the €21 to have it delivered to your home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

If the parcel's oversized, then PM will charge by size and weight. You can work out the charges here: http://www.parcelmotel.com/howmuch.html.

Refer to the third paragraph...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

flyguy wrote: »
    (unless it's in a ridiculously big amazon box)
    I often see stupidly big amazon boxes, with some items they have a small size postage option, I think they promote it as being environmentally friendly, and "post box friendly"

EDIT: -this is it http://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazoncouk-Environment/b?ie=UTF8&node=300427031

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

I knew it was going to be oversized, i had my first oversized delivery last month which was much much heavier so that's what i was expecting to pay again. This is 21euro to collect from the depot, another 10,50 if i want it delivered lol

Here are the dimensions of the box that was delivered, i don't think it's that big, is it?

80 x 56 x 33cm /3000 = 49.28kg3

I knew it was going to be oversized, i had my first oversized delivery last month which was much much heavier so that's what i was expecting to pay again. This is 21euro to collect from the depot, another 10,50 if i want it delivered lol

Here are the dimensions of the box that was delivered, i don't think it's that big, is it?

80 x 56 x 33cm /3000 = 49.28kg3

What difference does it make what you think? The lockers have specific dimensions and your item is larger than the largest of those dimensions? What do you not understand about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Micra92

Hi there, I have followed advice here for using the parcel motel antrims depot number for asda direct but not working, can anyone help,please.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Micra92 wrote: »
    Hi there, I have followed advice here for using the parcel motel antrims depot number for asda direct but not working, can anyone help,please.
    Thanks

A bit more information may be required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

my parcel was in transit last night usually when this happens it turns up at the motel but it didnt. does this take another day now or should i raise the alarm with them?

edit just to add it said the location was dublin and it was loaded on to the delivery van

my parcel was in transit last night usually when this happens it turns up at the motel but it didnt. does this take another day now or should i raise the alarm with them?

edit just to add it said the location was dublin and it was loaded on to the delivery van

What do you mean "raise the alarm"? If it's on a van the warehouse won't be able to track it until it's either in a motel or back in the warehouse.

Maybe the motel was full or maybe the van ran into problems and is delayed?

What do you mean "raise the alarm"? If it's on a van the warehouse won't be able to track it until it's either in a motel or back in the warehouse.

Maybe the motel was full or maybe the van ran into problems and is delayed?

What i meant by raise the alarm is ring them and enquire the parcels whereabouts, anyway for some reason or another the txt and email was delayed and got notified of it being ready for collection this afternoon.

What i meant by raise the alarm is ring them and enquire the parcels whereabouts, anyway for some reason or another the txt and email was delayed and got notified of it being ready for collection this afternoon.

But as I said, once its In Transit, no one will be able to tell you the whereabouts until its either checked into your motel or checked back into the PM depot. So youd not get any info the morning after it went In Transit anyway.

But as I said, once its In Transit, no one will be able to tell you the whereabouts until its either checked into your motel or checked back into the PM depot. So youd not get any info the morning after it went In Transit anyway.

for me usually in transit occurs around 10 or 11 o clock the night before it arrives at my local PM, i usually wake up to a text and email that it is ready to collect, that was not the case this morning as the tracking still said it was in transit to the motel, usually it would have been delived to my local PM around 3am and i would have gotten a notification, there was none till this afternoon so i feared it was lost thats all man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 LordJimbob

I have been attempting to order something off amazon.com for delivery in Rep. of Ireland and kept getting an error with the address. I got in contact with the seller and they said they had no problem with Ireland.

So I decided to use PM in Antrim to circumvent this but their Antrim address gave the same error. Has anyone else encountered this? I was surprised for it to complain about UK. Maybe I am doing something wrong??

Is it Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com you're ordering from?

And is it Amazon themselves you're ordering from? A lot of sellers in the Amazon Marketplace will not deliver outside the UK mainland. Check that first.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 LordJimbob

Is it Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com you're ordering from?

And is it Amazon themselves you're ordering from? A lot of sellers in the Amazon Marketplace will not deliver outside the UK mainland. Check that first.

It's .com
    I sent the supplier a message enquiring about this and they said they'd delivered to Ireland before, but any uk or Ireland addresses I've tried give the same issue.

Edit: it's not Amazon but it's Amazon 'fulfilled'?
    I woulda thought they just aren't shipping here but they said they support Ireland and I saw in their info that they do too.

LordJimbob wrote: »
    It's .com
    I sent the supplier a message enquiring about this and they said they'd delivered to Ireland before, but any uk or Ireland addresses I've tried give the same issue.

Edit: it's not Amazon but it's Amazon 'fulfilled'?
    I woulda thought they just aren't shipping here but they said they support Ireland and I saw in their info that they do too.

No idea why they won't ship but looks more like an amazon than a parcel motel issue. You are aware that any parcels with duty/tax due on them will be refused by PM? So you either need to make sure no duty is due or pay it in advance (when you order).

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

I just ordered something off Amazon.co.uk to be delivered to Parcel motel and there were no issues so I'd say its probably a problem on the US site.

Amazon.com generally don't deliver here, I've found. They will to the UK though. But if the parcel's due duty, then clear that first BEFORE PM receive the parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Have been using service since day one and i should know the answer to this but i dont.

if i get a text saying insufficient credit and I then register my debit card, will the 3.50 be taken or do I need to topup with the 10.50
    Cheers.

If you top up, you have to put on at least 10.50.

sham69 wrote: »
    Have been using service since day one and i should know the answer to this but i dont.

if i get a text saying insufficient credit and I then register my debit card, will the 3.50 be taken or do I need to topup with the 10.50
    Cheers.

If you register a card only the amount due will be taken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

flyguy wrote: »
    If you register a card only the amount due will be taken.

Thanks.
    wasnt sure if it was too late when the insufficient funds text is sent to register card, didnt really want to topup by 10.50.
    I had a previous card setup and the 3.50 was taken for each stay but I lost my debit card and only registered it tonight after I got the text.

thought I read somewhere that if the text was sent for insufficient funds you had to topup by the full 10.50

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement