Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Basq wrote: »
    Think those who registered interest a few days before it went live got 3.

Feckin' hipsters. :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Butterball

Got two parcels this weekend while in Dublin- hope they go nationwide soon!!!! :D excellent service!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I signed up for it I think 2 days after it went live and i got 3

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

This is a brilliant service, Ive used it three times as Postage costs from the UK were high and using this service posed significant savings.
    Ive had to enquire about a few things regarding the service and took to their twitter page to enquire. I found their reps on twitter to be polite, fast responding and very helpful. Overall I could'nt be happier with this service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Can someone explain for me,when i type the belfast address say into amazon,which line do i put my pm number in etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can someone explain for me,when i type the belfast address say into amazon,which line do i put my pm number in etc.

This will show you exactly how to:>>http://parcelmotel.web20.redantdev.com/_assets/images/Amazon-Addresses.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Davy wrote: »

Great thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭FueledbyCoffee

wingnut wrote: »
    It would be great if they could do a US adress. Could get a Nexus 7 sooner rather than later.

There's something similar you can use, I can vouch for it because I am a member and have received loads of deliveries with no problems. I'm not sure whether it's okay to post the link to it here (Mods ?) - It's not my business or anything just wanted to share a solution.

Maybe you can pm me if you want the link ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

There's something similar you can use, I can vouch for it because I am a member and have received loads of deliveries with no problems. I'm not sure whether it's okay to post the link to it here (Mods ?) - It's not my business or anything just wanted to share a solution.

Maybe you can pm me if you want the link ?
    Put it up, it's not that bad here...yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭FueledbyCoffee

Ok here goes ..

I am using a service called the US Buyers Club. Basically you are doing your shopping online i.e putting items into your shopping basket, you email them the shopping cart and they order on your behalf (that way they can use US coupons etc) it gets sent to a US address and then repacked down and sent on to you via US Postal service. The service normally takes around 2 and a half weeks from when you order to when you receive the goods. If you need it quicker you have the option of courier but that's more expensive.

It's not only for shopping they do free auctions (based on points) and stuff for members. I have been a member since last September after reading about it on other forums and have been shopping away since.

Here's the links http://www.usbuyersclub.net/ and they are also here https://www.facebook.com/pages/US-Buyers-Club/146356896650

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

First experience of Parcel Motel this evening. Very impressed.

Ordered from a usual website I use. Delivery to Ireland (Europe) usually takes between 2 & 4 weeks. This time I was able to avail of the UK postage. Ordered on Wednesday afternoon. Got a text this evening to say my 3 packages were at my chosen collection point ready for me.

Collecting packages at 9.30pm on a Sunday evening is great given that Im im in work all week.

Very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 collieh

Anyone know how long it usually takes for a parcel to be delivered to your parcel motel address once its been delivered to the NI Address

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Ok here goes ..

I am using a service called the US Buyers Club.

Another is MyUS.com

Does the same thing -

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jibberjive

Collieh,

The three deliveries I recevied were in the motel @ 7am the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

jibberjive wrote: »
    Collieh,

The three deliveries I recevied were in the motel @ 7am the next day

For 2 of mine i had the email at 3 or 4 am with the text following at 7, but yeah, next morning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Just got a text to say I've won a prize and to collect it this evening. I'm working though anyone know if you can get someone else to collect it for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Just got a text to say I've won a prize and to collect it this evening. I'm working though anyone know if you can get someone else to collect it for you?
    Saw on their Facebook that someone won a prize, and sent a friend..

.. whether your friend keeps it or not is up to them! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭canihave

Yes someone else can collect it, they will just have to say your name. Best of luck with it - I couldn't believe I won a PS3 last week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

They do giveaways? I had no idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

It's on Facebook. Everyone that enters wins a tshirt and mug provided they make it to their parcel motel within the two hour timeframe given. My wife collected mine with no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Used my credit up the other week and have been adding credit since it really is such a handy service for getting bits & bobs in from the uk that normally have silly postage prices.

5500 wrote: »
    Used my credit up the other week and have been adding credit since it really is such a handy service for getting bits & bobs in from the uk that normally have silly postage prices.

That's exactly what I have been using it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

I got my t-shirt and my mug yerterday...a pitty I didn't win the PS3 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭bren2001

living wrote: »
    I got my t-shirt and my mug yerterday...a pitty I didn't win the PS3 :(

Same....it was a sad time when the little locker opened.....tried to convince them to give me another go, my name was down twice on the list.

What am I to do with the t shirt? Wear it?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

bren2001 wrote: »
    Same....it was a sad time when the little locker opened.....tried to convince them to give me another go, my name was down twice on the list.

It's going to be my pyjamas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

hi there,
    how long I need to wait for my parcel to arrive? I have ordered on monday 20/08 phone case from amazon.co.uk. They have sent item on tuesday 21/08. When should I get this parcel here in dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

bren2001 wrote: »

I got a small t-shirt so I can't wear it even if I wanted to! Getting use of the mug though :)

bondja80 wrote: »
    hi there,
    how long I need to wait for my parcel to arrive? I have ordered on monday 20/08 phone case from amazon.co.uk. They have sent item on tuesday 21/08. When should I get this parcel here in dublin?

If you got it posted to either the Antrim or Finglas address it'll be in your local locker the day after it was receiver by their sorting office.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭teileann

Its a brilliant concept and service.
    I had to ring them this morning as I was looking for a keypad to key in my phone number and code.
    I eventually copped on that I had to touch the screen to activate it and hung up from the call.
    Within a minute or so, they rang me back as they had noticed a missed call.
    I am so used to hanging on for any custormer service and pressing button after button that actually getting a callback is a welcome development.
    Good luck to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

teileann wrote: »
    Its a brilliant concept and service.
    I had to ring them this morning as I was looking for a keypad to key in my phone number and code.
    I eventually copped on that I had to touch the screen to activate it and hung up from the call.
    Within a minute or so, they rang me back as they had noticed a missed call.
    I am so used to hanging on for any custormer service and pressing button after button that actually getting a callback is a welcome development.
    Good luck to them.

Yep, must say NIGHTLINE are one of the best courier companies we have ever dealt with. Customer service is excellent and I think the whole launch and marketing of PARCEL MOTEL seems to have been done very well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement