Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

You might want to call/email PM that you registered the card, just in case they're waiting for you to top-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

I registered with parcel motel a while back but have yet to use them. Today I changed my local delivery location under settings. However, I just can't fathom out how to see what delivery address is listed for me in Northern Ireland. Can't see this on either the home page or under settings. Can someone enlighten me?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

leck wrote: »
    However, I just can't fathom out how to see what delivery address is listed for me in Northern Ireland.
    I use gmail so just search PMID and my parcel motel registration email appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I registered with parcel motel a while back but have yet to use them. Today I changed my local delivery location under settings. However, I just can't fathom out how to see what delivery address is listed for me in Northern Ireland. Can't see this on either the home page or under settings. Can someone enlighten me?

http://www.parcelmotel.com/MyParcelMotel/Member

PMID is across the top of the screen before your name.

Addresses:

Your Name
    Your PMID
    Unit 5 Mygan PK
    Jamestown Rd
    Finglas
    Dublin 11

Your Name
    Your PMID
    1A McKinney Rd
    Newtownabbey
    Antrim
    BT36 4PE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

http://www.parcelmotel.com/MyParcelMotel/Member

PMID is across the top of the screen before your name.

Addresses:

Your Name
    Your PMID
    Unit 5 Mygan PK
    Jamestown Rd
    Finglas
    Dublin 11

Your Name
    Your PMID
    1A McKinney Rd
    Newtownabbey
    Antrim
    BT36 4PE
    Thanks. Yes, I do see my PMID at the top of the page. But I don't see the two addresses listed anywhere on that page. I did get a registration email confirming those two addresses, but I thought they should show up somewhere on the home page too.

Are the two provided addresses are identical for all members in Ireland? I thought there were two options for addresses in Northern Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Thanks. Yes, I do see my PMID at the top of the page. But I don't see the two addresses listed anywhere on that page. I did get a registration email confirming those two addresses, but I thought they should show up somewhere on the home page too.

Are the two provided addresses are identical for all members in Ireland? I thought there were two options for addresses in Northern Ireland.

I agree, it isn't obvious, and yes, there are two postcodes, but for the same location. See here -

http://www.parcelmotel.com/faqs.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Anyone know the number that comes up on screen at the Parcel Motel station itself that says to call if you have an issue?
    I think its a 1850 number that is different to the Lo-Call number on their website which is 1890 24 17 17.

Its the number that comes up after your locker is opened.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

sham69 wrote: »
    Thanks.
    wasnt sure if it was too late when the insufficient funds text is sent to register card, didnt really want to topup by 10.50.
    I had a previous card setup and the 3.50 was taken for each stay but I lost my debit card and only registered it tonight after I got the text.

thought I read somewhere that if the text was sent for insufficient funds you had to topup by the full 10.50

It worked fine.
    The 3.50 was taken so no need to topup with the full 10.50..
    Thanks for the replies folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

is there any plans to get one of these in the city centre? lord it would be so handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

El Inho wrote: »
    is there any plans to get one of these in the city centre? lord it would be so handy!

The nearest are Amien St. at Topoil and Spar on Hanover Quay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I have to return a Tablet to Tesco.

What or who are parcel motel retail partners?

According to THIS it will cost me €14.50 to send it back to Tesco? :eek: Is that correct?
    I'm sure someone must've returned an item before, but I can't find any posts.

The Tablet was for my Niece, €40.
    PM was €3.50, return would be €14.50 and back again, €3.50. that's €21.50 :mad:

GLS, An Post, Snap Parcel and I'm sure others are cheaper than that, and they'll collect it from my door.

Have I got PM's prices correct or am I missing something? Are Tesco a retail partner with Parcel Motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Allyall wrote: »
    I have to return a Tablet to Tesco.

What or who are parcel motel retail partners?

According to THIS it will cost me €14.50 to send it back to Tesco? :eek: Is that correct?
    I'm sure someone must've returned an item before, but I can't find any posts.

The Tablet was for my Niece, €40.
    PM was €3.50, return would be €14.50 and back again, €3.50. that's €21.50 :mad:

GLS, An Post, Snap Parcel and I'm sure others are cheaper than that, and they'll collect it from my door.

Have I got PM's prices correct or am I missing something? Are Tesco a retail partner with Parcel Motel?

Do you have a Prepaid return label, if you do could be €5.50 if it's for Royal Mail, they have other companies listed in the section "I've a prepaid return label for"

If you don't have a return label looks like it will be €15.50

nava wrote: »
    If you don't have a return label looks like it will be €15.50

It'll be €8.

GLS :)

So probably best not to use PM to send stuff.. (Not that I was anyway.)

EDIT..

It was €6.50.

An Post, Post Office.
    So with the prepaid label, PM are only €1 cheaper than bog standard post? And I'd have to travel to get to the nearest Motel..

That's not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Allyall,

I had to return my Asus HD7 to Tesco. They wanted to replace it and pick it up on the same day.

I told them that i was in ROI temporarily. They would not let me send it to the courier they use in Belfast (the name escapes me). EDIT: Yodel

So they gave me an Address for their main Tesco warehouse in the midlands. It would have cost 14.50.

PM would not guarantee that the item could be picked up from their Antrim address by the courier (and the new tablet handed over)

In the end a guy told me the touch problems i had were from a loose cable and to reinsert the cables which had come loose.

So the moral of the story for me at least is, its all well and good getting cheap items from Tesco Direct, but returning a faulty item is a bit of a nightmare

Keep us informed as to your experience in sending the item back anyways if you have time

Yeah it is annoying.

Although €6.50 wasn't too bad (My sister sent it today) using An Post. seems cheaper than if she was sending it to the midlands :confused:.

This was a refurbished tablet. I would've probably taken it apart myself, only that my sister said there was loads of things wrong with it (Wi-Fi, Touch Screen not working at one edge, kept Rebooting and was slow :eek:)
    She got it for £36 (Which was ~ €40 at the time) and sent it to my PM.

I think she was a bit daft getting a refurb, but her friend has one, and never had a problem apparently. Also, it came with a warranty. They may just replace it for her.

She may get lucky for an extra €10 (there and back), but whatever about buying from Tesco Direct over here, definitely don't buy from their outlet on ebay.
    I personally don't think I'll buy anything again, that I may have to send back under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I personally don't think I'll buy anything again, that I may have to send back under warranty.

6.50 back to Mainland UK is very cheap. I thought it would have been more (was it Britain that the item was returned to?)

I agree, the HD7 was £59 so i had to bite last Xmas, but any item over £100 i will spend the extra so it can be returned easily from ROI.

moonboy52 wrote: »
    6.50 back to Mainland UK is very cheap. I thought it would have been more (was it Britain that the item was returned to?)

Yep. Sent it back to the UK.

Ah, if it's a great price, and slim chances I'd have to send it back, I'll bite. But I wouldn't have risked getting a refurbished one.
    I wouldn't buy anything used/refurbished/ex-display/opened box etc.. using Parcel Motel.
    Nor anything that doesn't have over 70%-75% good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Hi all,
    Just wondering if I could ask a question.

Long story short, I get alot of stuff sent to my house. Be it stuff from ebay, adverts etc. But I am getting a pain in the ass just being out when the postman comes and then having to go to my local collection office to pick things up :( ... Not to mention I can't get to the collection office by 5pm :(

Could I use ParcelMotel? Like I am getting alot of stuff from within Ireland so using the Northern Ireland PM ID would cost people who I buy from higher postage.

Is there anyway I can get things sent to my ParcelMotel from within Ireland to within Ireland? (if you get me)

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭tiegan

Hi all,
    Just wondering if I could ask a question.

Long story short, I get alot of stuff sent to my house. Be it stuff from ebay, adverts etc. But I am getting a pain in the ass just being out when the postman comes and then having to go to my local collection office to pick things up :( ... Not to mention I can't get to the collection office by 5pm :(

Could I use ParcelMotel? Like I am getting alot of stuff from within Ireland so using the Northern Ireland PM ID would cost people who I buy from higher postage.

Is there anyway I can get things sent to my ParcelMotel from within Ireland to within Ireland? (if you get me)

Don't see why you could not use their Dublin address. Will not cost the people you buy from any more, but will cost you 3.50 extra for the privilege!!
    Your Name
    Your PMID
    Unit 5 Mygan PK
    Jamestown Rd
    Finglas
    Dublin 11

tiegan wrote: »
    Don't see why you could not use their Dublin address. Will not cost the people you buy from any more, but will cost you 3.50 extra for the privilege!!
    Your Name
    Your PMID
    Unit 5 Mygan PK
    Jamestown Rd
    Finglas
    Dublin 11

Also if they seller has Parcel Motel they can post internally within PM, could be cheaper than anpoist in most cases.

PS: when you post from parcel Motel to parcel motel the recipient doesn't pay the €3.50 for receiving the parcel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Thanks guys.
    Don't know what I was thinking last night... lol. Recipient pays the fee! Not the sender :p

Actually, another question if you don't mind me picking your brains ( :p ) Whats the deal with registered post and parcel motel?
    Say I am getting a package (I don't know it's registered or something) How does that work with parcelmotel? Will PM refuse to accept? or does me collecting it at my local drop off the same as signing as accepting?

Thanks guys.
    Don't know what I was thinking last night... lol. Recipient pays the fee! Not the sender :p

Recipient pays the fees for all parcel EXCEPT parcels that were sent by another parcel user. FAQ below.
    If I am sending from one Parcel Motel to another will the receiver have to pay?

No, the sender pays and the receiver will receive it at no charge.
    Actually, another question if you don't mind me picking your brains ( :p ) Whats the deal with registered post and parcel motel?
    Say I am getting a package (I don't know it's registered or something) How does that work with parcelmotel? Will PM refuse to accept? or does me collecting it at my local drop off the same as signing as accepting?

Parcel Motel only rejects parcels that have customs charges, they will accept normal and register post/parcels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Got an email from parcel motel today informing me that I have insufficient funds to receive a parcel, I had a card registered but there wasn't enough funds on it so after I received the email I added a different card but still haven't heard from PM just wondering has anyone experienced this before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Anyone ever get texts confirming your parcel has been delivered when sending parcels to the UK.

Twice now I've used PM for this, have not received a text and I've had to contact them to get proof of delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Anyone ever get texts confirming your parcel has been delivered when sending parcels to the UK.

Twice now I've used PM for this, have not received a text and I've had to contact them to get proof of delivery.

I never got the text. Didn't realise you were supposed to receive a text when it was delivered. I always just checked the status online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

For people that have used PM to post parcels to the UK how have you found the service? I'm debating whether to use PM or the Post Office to send a wedding gift to the UK. Has anyone used PM for sending a fragile parcel? Would the parcel be insured if anything was to happen it in transit?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Hi, how long should a parcel take to arrive from UK please?
    I purchased 2 records from a reseller on Amazon last week. Last Thursday they were sent to Parcel Motel in the North but I still have not received them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Did you get a tracking number from the seller and check that they were delivered to PM yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

I have sent them an email, but got no response.
    On Amazon's site, they said there was no tracking number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I will never use PM for 'unsigned for' deliveries, had ordered an item on ebay, seller sent it 'untracked' - no sign of it from Parcel Motel, had to order another one (from a different seller) sent untracked also - also no sign of this one in Parcel Motel, had to order another one (paid for tracked signed for delivery) still no sign of this in Parcel Motel. Asked the sender of that one for the tracking number and it looks as though they sent it 'untracked' even though I paid for the tracked postal service.

So apparently 3 items were sent to my PM address (with my name and PM number on them) and none of them made it to my locker ?? Now maybe all 3 were 'lost in the post' and never made it to the PM NI depot, but I doubt it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement