Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Hi, how long should a parcel take to arrive from UK please?
    I purchased 2 records from a reseller on Amazon last week. Last Thursday they were sent to Parcel Motel in the North but I still have not received them.

Are you sure your PMID was on the parcel? As for how long it takes, that depends on several factors. Shipping method being one, but also where it was sent from. Just because you bought on amazon (I assume .co.uk?) doesn't mean it's shipped from the uk (loads of Chinese resellers there as well) so it could take a while -sometimes weeks- if this is the case. Did amazon not give you an estimated delivery date?
    Tracking number not being available on amazon (same for ebay) doesn't mean it wasn't sent tracked, contact seller to find out. I don't have a problem with using untracked post and parcel motel as you are protected by paypal/ebay/amazon, the onus is on the seller to prove you get your item(s), if they can't prove it was delivered then you'll be refunded.
    If it was delivered but PM lost it then PM have to refund you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Agree with the above. One parcel going missing I could understand - annoying, but I could understand that. THREE parcels going missing indicate something is very wrong.

Did you check the address was correct, and did you check the delivery times for the parcel?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Can i order tv using parcel motel ??

tharmor wrote: »
    Can i order tv using parcel motel ??

You can, but why? The shipping charges could potentially be crippling to you depending on the size of the TV- and that's if you collect the item!

It's cheaper to get it sent to you direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Agree with the above. One parcel going missing I could understand - annoying, but I could understand that. THREE parcels going missing indicate something is very wrong.

Did you check the address was correct, and did you check the delivery times for the parcel?

The first one I put down to bad luck, either the postal service lost it or PM lost it, but as it was not a 'signed for service' I could not prove that it was delivered to PM, when the same happened with the second one (from a different seller), I decided that I will have to use a 'tracked' delivery option, but it looks like even though I paid for the tracked option the seller does not have used a tracked service. Will now have to order another one (probably from a more expensive Irish based seller).

Puts me off the whole Parcel Motel thing though, even though it may not be their fault!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

eamonnq wrote: »
    The first one I put down to bad luck, either the postal service lost it or PM lost it, but as it was not a 'signed for service' I could not prove that it was delivered to PM, when the same happened with the second one (from a different seller), I decided that I will have to use a 'tracked' delivery option, but it looks like even though I paid for the tracked option the seller does not have used a tracked service. Will now have to order another one (probably from a more expensive Irish based seller).

Puts me off the whole Parcel Motel thing though, even though it may not be their fault!!

Have you checked that your Amazon address is correct with the PMID etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Have you checked that your Amazon address is correct with the PMID etc?

My amazon address is correct, not sure what that has to do with items purchase on ebay though!! :p

The address was also correct on the ebay purchases though and the sellers have confirmed the address they sent them to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

My amazon address is correct, not sure what that has to do with items purchase on ebay though!! :p

The address was also correct on the ebay purchases though and the sellers have confirmed the address they sent them to.

Why dont you put in a dispute with Ebay? As a previous poster said the onus is on the seller to provide proof of postage and if they provide that then claim off parcel motel, why be out of pocket 3 times?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Oops, my bad.

Definitely dispute through ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Love Parcel Motel, find it extremely handy & great value. Never had any issues with it either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Have DPD an issue with delivering to PM? Have read before that they refuse to deliver to PM because their a competitor is this right? If so, what happens to my amazon order sent via DPD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Have DPD an issue with delivering to PM? Have read before that they refuse to deliver to PM because their a competitor is this right? If so, what happens to my amazon order sent via DPD?

Id be surprised if that is true to be honest, a courier company refusing to deliver something is a bit daft. is it too late to ask the seller to use alternate services? royal mail maybe or hermes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

I wonder: I have a PM account but didn't want to top up instead I've saved my card details. If I have a parcel coming in would this cover the €3.50 charge? Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

padyjoe wrote: »
    I wonder: I have a PM account but didn't want to top up instead I've saved my card details. If I have a parcel coming in would this cover the €3.50 charge? Thank you!

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Hey Yall

How long do Parcel Motel take to deliver? My Parcel Checked in at 14:00 today (Friday) when can I expect it to be in Cork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Hey Yall wrote: »
    How long do Parcel Motel take to deliver? My Parcel Checked in at 14:00 today (Friday) when can I expect it to be in Cork?

If it's showy in transit you should have it tonight otherwise with the bank holiday don't expect it before Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Hey Yall

Fingers crossed for tonight I guess. I used the antrim address so itll have to make its away down the whole country. Ive seen a lot of nightline transits around though so Im hopeful.DPD delivered it at 9 this morning. They dont deliver on Saturdays?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

do parcelmotel deliver on the bank holiday monday? would think not?

They don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭tiegan

Had a parcel delivered to Clonmel yesterday, Friday - how long do you think it is safe to leave it there? I know they usually keep them for 48 hours (2 nights) but with the bank holiday would it be safe till Monday ie 3 nights? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭demon3

No, had two parcels delivered this week from Amazon.co.uk via DPD and confirmed they arrived in PM Antrim within 24 hours.

BTW is this where the rumor started from? Currys.ie who use DPD will "not deliver to Parcel Motels"...

http://www.currys.ie/content/Delivery/923

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I want to buy something online but they don't ship to Ireland but they do to the Uk, If Im using parcel motel is the address I use:
    Will I also include the country? United Kingdom or Northern Ireland?

Your Name
    Your PM ID
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Rd
    Newtownabbey
    BT36 4PE

killanena wrote: »
    I want to buy something online but they don't ship to Ireland but they do to the Uk, If Im using parcel motel is the address I use:
    Will I also include the country? United Kingdom or Northern Ireland?

Your Name
    Your PM ID
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Rd
    Newtownabbey
    BT36 4PE

You can include the country if you like, but personally I don't. There is a postcode, so that would indicate the address is in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

You can include the country if you like, but personally I don't. There is a postcode, so that would indicate the address is in the UK.

Thanks and I got one more question from my friend, He wants to know if you can use parcel motel to receive letters while inbetween addresses? Or even overseas for a small period?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

do to the Uk,
    Are you sure they ship to NI, some only do mainland UK.

Thanks and I got one more question from my friend, He wants to know if you can use parcel motel to receive letters while inbetween addresses? Or even overseas for a small period?

You could, I suppose, but why?? It's cheaper to get the mail re-directed...Don't forget you're charged for EVERY item passing through the PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

My parcel arrived at my motel at 3.46 this morning, when exactly must it be collected by?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pk10216

Ordered Moto g phone from tesco online to parcelmotel. Was delivered and signed for at their NI depo and is now lost !!! anyone else experience this ? I mean how can you loose a package that you have signed for?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement