Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

pk10216 wrote: »
    Ordered Moto g phone from tesco online to parcelmotel. Was delivered and signed for at their NI depo and is now lost !!! anyone else experience this ? I mean how can you loose a package that you have signed for?

Define "lost"? How long ago was it signed for?

It'd be dead easy for a logistics company to lose a parcel they sign for. They take delivery of 100s of parcels a day, some signed for, some not. They'd be arriving all morning from Royal Mail, couriers etc.. PM would have a big warehouse where Goods In is handled in one specific area. All the stuff that comes in has to be sorted, labelled, load planned and despatched. All the deliveries are different shapes and sizes. Mistakes get made, parcels fall under sorting desks, parcels get stuck on the label of another parcel, parcels end up on the wrong truck etc. Usually mistakes of this nature just end up causing delay because the parcel gets found later by someone.

Logistics is a tricky business prone to human error, and generally warehouse operatives are not treating it with the accuracy of brain surgery. It amazes me they don't lose more tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pk10216

Signed for on june 3rd @ 8am. Little worried at the phone is worth e150 and the liability cover is only e100. Rang them yesterday and they said they will do a search. Will be the first and last time I use parcelmotel if they can't find it.

Signed for on june 3rd @ 8am. Little worried at the phone is worth e150 and the liability cover is only e100. Rang them yesterday and they said they will do a search. Will be the first and last time I use parcelmotel if they can't find it.

It'll show up. Is it showing on your parcel motel as checked in or do you just know it was signed for from the sender? Find out who signed for it.

Not showing up as checked-in I contacted Tesco and they confirmed delivery with their courier. I also have the courier company tracking number which shows it was signed for at their depo on june 3rd.

Not showing up as checked-in I contacted Tesco and they confirmed delivery with their courier. I also have the courier company tracking number which shows it was signed for at their depo on june 3rd.

Ask for the courier company to send you a scan of the signed for delivery sheet. That will tell you who signed for it. Then contact PM with that info.

As it's not been checked in it could well be just sitting waiting to be dealt with.

However I have experience of a courier company marking a delivery of mine as "Refused by Customer" when the truth was the truck driver wouldn't wait til the van in front of him finished unloading at PM so I'd be looking for the documentation first before doing anything else.

• Advertisement

Parcel Motel have redeemed themselves they have found my package and given me a free stay. I will be using them again I reckon. Also if any managers at parcel model read boards.ie big thanks to Sarah who kept me up to date on the issue and was a pleasure to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭tiegan

foggy_lad wrote: »
    My parcel arrived at my motel at 3.46 this morning, when exactly must it be collected by?

They give you two nights/48 hours before you will be recharged. They will send you a text to remind you after the first 24 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Package was checked in up north at 4pm today,anyone know if it would make it to Dublin tonight or will it be sometime tomorrow?am away til Sunday with work from tomorrow morning and won't get a chance to collect it.Didn't think Amazon would be so quick with the initial delivery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I think packages are checked in at Dublin now, even if it's addressed to the NI one. So yeah, it should arrive at your PM tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Cheers,it was signed for in Antrim at 7 or so this morning so would make sense that it was shipped to Dublin then checked in at 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Long thread, so apologies of this has been covered.

Is it possible to sent parcels from one PM to another using just my account?

For example, I buy something from someone in Dublin. They don't have a PM account. Can I use my account to get that parcel sent from Dublin to my local PM location? Or will this take two accounts?

If it does take two accounts, is there any issue with my having two separate accounts?

noby wrote: »
    Long thread, so apologies of this has been covered.

Is it possible to sent parcels from one PM to another using just my account?

For example, I buy something from someone in Dublin. They don't have a PM account. Can I use my account to get that parcel sent from Dublin to my local PM location? Or will this take two accounts?

If it does take two accounts, is there any issue with my having two separate accounts?

They don't need an account and you don't need two accounts. No need to over complicate it all.

You have a parcel motel account with a nominated location (some garage near you). Anyone who sends you something sends it to the Parcel Motel depot address (either Belfast off Dublin, whichever is cheaper for postage) and includes your name and pmid on the address. Parcel motel then put it into your nominated locker location.

Think of it like this, the parcel motel depots are big central locations that EVERYTHING sent through parcel motel goes to. Then parcel motel take all that stuff and deliver it out to the individual locations that people have nominated. They know what goes where because your pmid is used as part of the address. And your pmid has a nominated location attached to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

They don't need an account and you don't need two accounts. No need to over complicate it all.

You have a parcel motel account with a nominated location (some garage near you). Anyone who sends you something sends it to the Parcel Motel depot address (either Belfast off Dublin, whichever is cheaper for postage) and includes your name and pmid on the address. Parcel motel then put it into your nominated locker location.

Think of it like this, the parcel motel depots are big central locations that EVERYTHING sent through parcel motel goes to. Then parcel motel take all that stuff and deliver it out to the individual locations that people have nominated. They know what goes where because your pmid is used as part of the address. And your pmid has a nominated location attached to it.

I think it will be cheaper if both have PM, depending of size of package sender will from €4.5, the recipient doesn't pay anything if coming from another PM customer.

If parcel is sent to PM address in Finglas or Antrim sender will pay postage to that PM address I think anpost cheapest is about €6 but recipient will pay the usual €3.50 to receive the parcel.

In reply to Username123:

Yes, I get all that, and use it all the time like that.

My hypothetical scenario is like this:

Some guy in Dublin is selling something a little bulky that might be pricey to post.

If he can pop that into his local PM, then I get delivery of that item for 3.50 (or whatever, depending on size).

Now, if that guy doesn't have a PM account I would like to be able to e-mail him the label, tell him stick it on the parcel and pop it in to his nearest PM, then bingo, I get bulky item delivered at reasonable rate. Bsaically cutting out the middle-man courier/post charge which could be a tenner or more.

Yes, I get all that, and use it all the time like that.

My hypothetical scenario is like this:

Some guy in Dublin is selling something a little bulky that might be pricey to post.

If he can pop that into his local PM, then I get delivery of that item for 3.50 (or whatever, depending on size).

Now, if that guy doesn't have a PM account I would like to be able to e-mail him the label, tell him stick it on the parcel and pop it in to his nearest PM, then bingo, I get bulky item delivered at reasonable rate. Bsaically cutting out the middle-man courier/post charge which could be a tenner or more.

I think you will be better off using 2 accounts, 1 with the sender location and 1 from the recipient location.

Apologies noby, I didn't understand that you were trying to use pm exclusively and not actually post something.

The easiest would be him having a pm account.

nava wrote: »
    I think you will be better off using 2 accounts, 1 with the sender location and 1 from the recipient location.

That's what I'm thinking, cheers.

Apologies noby, I didn't understand that you were trying to use pm exclusively and not actually post something.

The easiest would be him having a pm account.

No problem. Yes, him having an account would be easiest. I'm just thinking about an option where the seller doesn't use PM, and I want to make it as easy as possible for the transaction to go through.

No problem. Yes, him having an account would be easiest. I'm just thinking about an option where the seller doesn't use PM, and I want to make it as easy as possible for the transaction to go through.

If he's a frequent seller or buyer get seller to open a PM account it will come handy for them in the future, if he/she enters your PM id in the promotional box on registration you will get a free stay, not sure if he gets anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Parcel Motel have redeemed themselves they have found my package and given me a free stay. I will be using them again I reckon. Also if any managers at parcel model read boards.ie big thanks to Sarah who kept me up to date on the issue and was a pleasure to deal with.
    Wish I could say the same. Had a package checked in on May 31st and never moved since. After some emails, several promises to contact me again, and more emails to chase them up because they never did, they eventually admitted that they had lost it, without so much as an apology. First problem I've ever had with them, can't say I'm very impressed with the way it was handled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

nava wrote: »
    If he's a frequent seller or buyer get seller to open a PM account it will come handy for them in the future, if he/she enters your PM id in the promotional box on registration you will get a free stay, not sure if he gets anything.
    Having a read of the FAQ you must be registered at the sending location at the time of printing the label and you have to allow 24 hours for changes to your location to be effective. So while it might be possible I can see it being kinda awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The green and red

Im sure that Immissing something here, but when registering the Northern Ireland Parcel Motel address does it come up as NightLine for everyone else too?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Im sure that Immissing something here, but when registering the Northern Ireland Parcel Motel address does it come up as NightLine for everyone else too?

Yep. It is Nightline.

Hmmm.... I ordered something from ebay, the seller didn't send it recorded delivery, no sign with Parcel Motel and almost 2 weeks have gone by.

Don't know if PM or Royal Mail are responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Hmmm.... I ordered something from ebay, the seller didn't send it recorded delivery, no sign with Parcel Motel and almost 2 weeks have gone by.

Don't know if PM or Royal Mail are responsible.

The seller is liable unless they can provide proof of postage (even if it's not recorded delivery) put a dispute in on E Bay and if they provide proof then take it up with Parcel Motel.

NATLOR wrote: »
    The seller is liable unless they can provide proof of postage (even if it's not recorded delivery) put a dispute in on E Bay and if they provide proof then take it up with Parcel Motel.

Oh yes, the seller has already offered a refund.

I am simply making the point that because there are two entities involved, it's impossible to know where the thing went missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I am simply making the point that because there are two entities involved, it's impossible to know where the thing went missing.

I have had 3 things sent 'non-tracked' post to Parcel Motel and all 3 did not show up.

The first I put down to bad luck, so ordered a replacement, when that did not show up I ordered another (from a different seller) and paid for tracked postage (but the seller sent it normal post).

Got a refund for the 3rd one as I did not put in a dispute over the other 2 as I had no proof it had not been lost by PM, or proof that it was not lost by Royal Mail either.

Ended up buying a 4th one from an Irish ebay seller ( a bit dearer obviously ).

Worse thing is the item was not for myself and I only ordered it as a favour for someone, so I am out of pocket.

I doubt that the Royal Mail lost all 3 of them, and the sellers assured me that they had my PM NUMBER and correct address on them also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

True but not an issue once you are refunded by one or the other

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

I had someone on adverts send me a laptop via parcel motel. He said he would send it on the way to work last Thursday. This is what im pulling up on my parcelmotel. The mind boggles!

Thu 12 Jun 17:19 Parcel Motel Parcel stored in motel
    Mon 16 Jun 7:06 Parcel Motel Parcel sending collected by courier
    Mon 16 Jun 15:19 Parcel Motel Dublin Package unloaded from delivery van
    Mon 16 Jun 15:51 Limerick Package arrived at sorting facility
    Tue 17 Jun 13:45 Parcel Motel Dublin Parcel received by Nightline

I meant to add, He posted it in Nenagh and I'm in Cork

• Advertisement

NATLOR wrote: »
    True but not an issue once you are refunded by one or the other

To my mind it is an issue. Regardless of refund, if items I order are disappearing under Parcel Motels watch then I'd choose not to use them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement