Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

ive been using them alot, from both ebay and amazon.co.uk and also posting things within ireland that i sold on adverts, a medium sized locker is quite big, never a problem, ive also sent a few items to the uk as well, it works out slightly cheaper than a courier, only problem is the weight not over 25 kgs can be sent i havnt tried to receive anything at this weight yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

I purchased a printer from Amazon, emailed the company, confirmed package dimensions, emailed parcel Motel, they came back and said package would fit in my local parcel Motel storage locker i Kilkenny. Now just got this sms from parcel motel asking me to collect it from the Nightline in finglas, Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

u must have set it up wrong and not put the correct location
    call them

Regular phone: 01 8835442

LoCall: 1890 24 17 17

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

So received what I think is junk mail for the first time today to my locker as I did not order anything recently using my parcel motel ID.

What is the protocol for letting parcel motel know that its unwanted mail? Is it possible to get a refund for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Tinie wrote: »
    So received what I think is junk mail for the first time today to my locker as I did not order anything recently using my parcel motel ID.

What is the protocol for letting parcel motel know that its unwanted mail? Is it possible to get a refund for this?

Contact them and let them know, they'll get rid of it and refund the charge for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

MrVestek wrote: »
    Contact them and let them know, they'll get rid of it and refund the charge for you.

Cool. I assume though you cant open the locker and see what it is first, as its not a catalogue or anything, it looks like some this:

4uUM6Kq.jpg

It looks like a letter or something.

looks like a plastic postage bag, let us know how you get on with it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Tinie wrote: »
    Cool. I assume though you cant open the locker and see what it is first, as its not a catalogue or anything, it looks like some this:

4uUM6Kq.jpg

It looks like a letter or something.

Yeah probably some marketing fluff like a leaflet or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

Hey Gang, was a huge fan of parcel motel, used it quite a bit, from reading last few pages, it seems they've gone down hill a bit with regards customer service levels etc.. I've now had the unfortunate experience too with a parcel which came in now disappeared !, It seems liquids aren't allowed (fair enough my mistake, some soft drink cans) and with some damage, seems they decided to allow me to return to sender but dont supply photo evidence for me to supply to original sender, now it seems they think they may have disposed of it alltogether !! poor communication altogother and a very unhappy customer who would probably have to think more than once if I'd ever use service again :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

I don't think many people post if they had a good experience with PM cause it's not really worth mentioning. So in pm's defence; I don't read a lot of stories here of genuine lost packages; as in confirmed/recorded delivery with correct details. Most of the complaints are of unregistered post, items that aren't accepted (liquids, duty due etc) or oversized and unexpected high charges even though all of these are in the t&c's.
    Then I think there will be quite a few recorded delivery items without the correct details (eg PM number missing) where you can prove it was delivered but PM will have a hard time figuring out who it belongs to. I've quite a few deliveries including outsize and haven't had a single problem so far....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

flyguy wrote: »
    I don't think many people post if they had a good experience with PM cause it's not really worth mentioning. So in pm's defence; I don't read a lot of stories here of genuine lost packages; as in confirmed/recorded delivery with correct details. Most of the complaints are of unregistered post, items that aren't accepted (liquids, duty due etc) or oversized and unexpected high charges even though all of these are in the t&c's.
    Then I think there will be quite a few recorded delivery items without the correct details (eg PM number missing) where you can prove it was delivered but PM will have a hard time figuring out who it belongs to. I've quite a few deliveries including outsize and haven't had a single problem so far....
    I know you haven't mentioned specific posts, but for the record the package of mine that they lost was completely their fault. It was successfully checked-in and linked to my account, and my card was charged upon receipt. Then they lost it. It took two days of communication - or lack thereof - for them to admit this, and they didn't even apologise for it until I pointed out the fact they hadn't apologised

Yes, I got a refund and a free stay, but I also had to go and re-order the item they lost in the first place. It's a great service when it works, but I can't say I'm happy with the way they handled this screw-up

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Stevo105

I have used them about 6 times in the last year. Great service. never had an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

Daemos wrote: »
    I know you haven't mentioned specific posts, but for the record the package of mine that they lost was completely their fault. It was successfully checked-in and linked to my account, and my card was charged upon receipt. Then they lost it. It took two days of communication - or lack thereof - for them to admit this, and they didn't even apologise for it until I pointed out the fact they hadn't apologised

Yes, I got a refund and a free stay, but I also had to go and re-order the item they lost in the first place. It's a great service when it works, but I can't say I'm happy with the way they handled this screw-up

Agreed, I'll praise when praise warrants, but there seems to be a drop in service levels and its good to let others know ! I've praised them in the past directly to themselves and got a very pleasant email back and a free motel stay, but they sure are not as nice to follow up a complaint thats now ongoing for over a week

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭tiegan

Stevo105 wrote: »
    I have used them about 6 times in the last year. Great service. never had an issue

Same here, no problems!!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

Whats the story with an ever sized package like a 40 inch tv now would it be worth the extra charge for shipping or do they rob you in that case?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I had been using them regularly with no problems, and will use them again, but I did lose 3 parcels between ebay sellers, Royal Mail, and Parcel Motel.

I would not use them for untracked post in the future, as maybe all 3 were not actually delivered to PM, but I doubt that all 3 were lost in the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Never have had any problems with PM and have been using them regularly since they launched a year or two ago.Have ordered laptops,phones,computer parts etc from all over the world and never had a thing go missing or lost.Such a quick service,when combined with the free trial Amazon prime one day delivery too!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Superquinn

I need to return something to mandm direct. I know that you can return parcels via PM, but just wondering if you also have to have it stamped? If I just put it in an envelope with the returns address with no stamp, does PM take care of the postage ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

not really a parcel motel issue but I bought an item on ebay that I was going to have delivered to my PM, it never arrived and today I noticed the postcode on the address in the order details was 4PX instead of 4PE.... so does anyone know a number for royal mail to see if it's at a sorting office somewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Parcel motel is a godsend. The customer service is fast and efficienct and polite. I love it. Its great to see a company do things right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

not really a parcel motel issue but I bought an item on ebay that I was going to have delivered to my PM, it never arrived and today I noticed the postcode on the address in the order details was 4PX instead of 4PE.... so does anyone know a number for royal mail to see if it's at a sorting office somewhere?

Don't worry about that, it will still arrive with 4PX, at the start we used to use BT36 4PX, I think they said as they were getting lots of parcel Royal Mail give them BT36 4PE.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

nava wrote: »
    Don't worry about that, it will still arrive with 4PX, at the start we used to use BT36 4PX, I think they said as they were getting lots of parcel Royal Mail give them BT36 4PE.

ah phew panic over, forgot about that other address :)
    hmm so i wonder where it is then

• Registered Users Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Lads been using parcelmotel without issue (bar the pre-Christmas disaster)! I bought a watch that I didn't like and I'm looking to return it to amazon, looking at postage options an post comes in at 25.00 and parcel motel is 14.50, just wondering have any of you used parcel motel to return goods to amazon and are your experiences good or bad, also is the liability covered up to €100?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Lads been using parcelmotel without issue (bar the pre-Christmas disaster)! I bought a watch that I didn't like and I'm looking to return it to amazon, looking at postage options an post comes in at 25.00 and parcel motel is 14.50, just wondering have any of you used parcel motel to return goods to amazon and are your experiences good or bad, also is the liability covered up to €100?

I've ordered off Amazon.co.uk before and had goods delivered to Parcel Motel and then I just returned them to Amazon via Registered Post, Amazon receives the goods and refunds me the cost, I then phone up amazon and they refund me the cost of the registered post also. So all I have lost is the €3.50 parcel motel charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I believe Amazon uses the Collect+ service. So send it to a collect+ address in Northern Ireland and then the cost is just €3.50?

I have not done this myself but i think it can be done this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Another option is contact Amazon explain you need to return but you are in Ireland can they give you prepaid labels to return from Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

nava wrote: »
    Another option is contact Amazon explain you need to return but you are in Ireland can they give you prepaid labels to return from Ireland.

I think they only do the pre-paid labels for faulty goods, not if you change your mind about an item.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Has anyone managed to buy from 02.UK using PM? You have to enter a postcode to find the address but only private residences on mc kinney road are coming up on the options, any workaround possible?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement