Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

This post has been deleted.

I thought that would be the case but no option to do that (unless im missing something) it just says contact Royal Mail to add your address to their database but its obviously already there! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I think they only do the pre-paid labels for faulty goods, not if you change your mind about an item.

They will issue a label OK but deduct the postage cost from the refund. They will only refund postage for faulty or damaged goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lads does anyone know what the story is with weekend delivery? I have a package in the NI PM today will i receive it tomorrow in my depot down south??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

ASOT wrote: »
    Lads does anyone know what the story is with weekend delivery? I have a package in the NI PM today will i receive it tomorrow in my depot down south??

Anytime I've had something delivered to the depot on Friday I've always had it delivered for pickup at the locker on Saturday morning (generally around 5am).

So you likely should,

Cabaal wrote: »
    Anytime I've had something delivered to the depot on Friday I've always had it delivered for pickup at the locker on Saturday morning (generally around 5am).

So you likely should,

Cheers mate thanks for the speedy reply!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

ASOT wrote: »

I've had a good few parcels delivered over the weekend. They seem to work through the night as Ive had notification texts in early hours of morning. Good service.

shane1981 wrote: »
    I've had a good few parcels delivered over the weekend. They seem to work through the night as Ive had notification texts in early hours of morning. Good service.

Yeah it says on my account that its in transit to my motel, lovely. Great service!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Can someone clarify the cost for larger items. I have read that it's €7 if I collect it & €10 to have it delivered. So is it €10 or €17, in total for delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

It's all here: http://www.parcelmotel.com/howmuch.html
    You were nearly right, it's an additional €10.50 to have it delivered.
    Pay careful attention to the dimensional weight charges, if your parcel weighs more than 35kg there will be additional charges. Note the dimensional weight of large itmes could easily put your parcel over 35kg even if the actual weight is less.
    Also you can have an oversized parcel forwarded to a local nightline depot without additional charge if the Dublin depot doesn't suit (and you want to avoid the €10.50 charge).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I hate when it takes them ages to check something in online. I know something was delivered to them yesterday at 11am but still no sign of it on my account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

I'm thinking most people have a positive experience as long as its not oversize--thats their Achilles heel in my opinion.

Its come to the stage now that I always ring or email at least twice to get confirmation that my oversize is being delivered to the proper depot and on time. Otherwise you could wait a week until someone in Dublin discovers it and eventually sens it out to the west of Ireland.
    My own experience with oversize parcels was not positive and several things went wrong but I think if I keep on top of it it works ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It would be good if there was some system where you gave them approval to open up these oversized boxes, discard the packing box and just stick the product box in the smaller locker.

You can already tell them to throw away junkmail.

I expect their might be issues with it though, like people saying it arrived damage and not having the box to show the original sender if it arrived OK. Or paperwork going missing or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Does anyone here use the Killarney depot?

If so - what time do packages generally get dropped off? (see sent time on "Parcel Motel Notification" emails)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

J o e wrote: »
    Does anyone here use the Killarney depot?

If so - what time do packages generally get dropped off? (see sent time on "Parcel Motel Notification" emails)

Sorted for this via PM. Thanks

rusty999 wrote: »
    I'm thinking most people have a positive experience as long as its not oversize--thats their Achilles heel in my opinion.

Its come to the stage now that I always ring or email at least twice to get confirmation that my oversize is being delivered to the proper depot and on time. Otherwise you could wait a week until someone in Dublin discovers it and eventually sens it out to the west of Ireland.
    My own experience with oversize parcels was not positive and several things went wrong but I think if I keep on top of it it works ok.

I am expecting my first PM parcel & it will be oversized. I live near Galway & I want it delivered to my home.

Is there anything that I should do to ensure that it doesn't get delayed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Discodog wrote: »
    I am expecting my first PM parcel & it will be oversized. I live near Galway & I want it delivered to my home.

Is there anything that I should do to ensure that it doesn't get delayed?

Contact them about it, contact them now to let them know what you need them to do and once again when they get the parcel an is register on their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Got a text at 7am this morning to let me know that a package was stored at my local Parcel Motel but when I went to pick it up just after 8am I found that the touch screen was out of order! Another customer there told me he had tried ringing the low call Parcel Motel phone number and said there was no reply so he left a message.

I also attempted to ring the low call number and again left a message. I then had to go home empty handed. When I was at home I found another contact number for Parcel Motel and I got talking to a representive, she told me an engineer would be sent out on Monday to have a look at the screen.

I am a dissapointed customer as the nearest Parcel Motel to me is over a 20 mile round trip. Pity the delivery person that checked in the packages this morning did not inform the Parcel Motel HQ of an issue with the screen as it would have saved me a wasted trip this morning.

nava wrote: »
    Contact them about it, contact them now to let them know what you need them to do and once again when they get the parcel an is register on their website.

Just did that & got an email back saying that I can't do anything until I get a text to say that they have the package.

Does everything from Newtownabbey NI go via Dublin. I would of expected parcels to go directly from NI to the relevant regional delivery centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Deluxe7

I'm ordering multiple stuff in amazon and their from different retailers but all of them will be delivered in the same day (1day Amazon Prime Delivery). Is it possible to group them all even tho their from different retailers, so that I don't have to pay for the each of the parcel from PM, because I ask PM if they can group my stuff so I only have to pay for one, and they said they can't do it for security BS. So I'm wondering if there's any solution to that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Deluxe7 wrote: »
    I'm ordering multiple stuff in amazon and their from different retailers but all of them will be delivered in the same day (1day Amazon Prime Delivery). Is it possible to group them all even tho their from different retailers, so that I don't have to pay for the each of the parcel from PM, because I ask PM if they can group my stuff so I only have to pay for one, and they said they can't do it for security BS. So I'm wondering if there's any solution to that?

If they are coming from different locations there's not much you can do.
    If they were from Amazon and not retailers you might have had a chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Deluxe7 wrote: »

Unless you can group them at the Amazon end for single parcel delivery to PM - the best bet is to avail of free super saver delivery to a convenient Irish address by selecting competitive retailers that are fulfilled by Amazon and total order value is over £25 to qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

To add to what Styron said; you can even split an order over multiple addresses. So in case some stuff won't ship Ireland get sent that to PM and the rest direct to Ireland. You can still avail of free delivery if total is >£25, although you were referring to amazon prime and 3rd party sellers so that maybe a different story...
    As said PM won't group your deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭finnan1

Have sucessfully used PM several times already,
    however im now waiting on a parcel delivery for over 7 working days, item was checked in, in transit, etc, never showed up at my local PM
    I have emailed customer service twice, got the same bland reply twice that they had emailed my local depot to enquire about its whereabouts.
    To be honest i think they have lost it and have'nt got a clue now what to do !

Secondly prices are going up from 3.50e to 3.95e, on 14/7/14
    Cant really see any justification for this, labour, fuel, rent, costs etc
    Just a case of now trying to sqeeze more euros from their existing customer base !

regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

finnan1 wrote: »
    however im now waiting on a parcel delivery for over 7 working days, item was checked in, in transit, etc, never showed up at my local PM
    I have emailed customer service twice, got the same bland reply twice that they had emailed my local depot to enquire about its whereabouts.

Just a case of now trying to sqeeze more euros from their existing customer base !

regards

Have you not noticed the cost of fuel alone creeping up? If you ask me, it's still good value. Or would you prefer to pay the prohibitive charges retailers charge to ship here - If they do at all!

I know which I'd be having...

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭finnan1

I run a small business, with a small diesel fleet , and so am better placed than most to comment on fuel prices, and NO my fuel costs have not risen in the last while.

Next...............

First time user & I am not impressed. There is apparently no way of knowing if a parcel has reached the NI delivery address because it doesn't go onto the system until it reaches Dublin.

I am trying to chase an item but I don't know if it's been delivered. Apparently it's too expensive to text us when the parcel reaches NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I am annoyed that my credit (which I loaded onto Parcel Motel in lots of €3.50) is now no longer enough to pay for the deliveries I had intended.

Parcel Motel should have allowed any funds standing to credit before the price increase to charge at the rate in existence when the funds were lodged.

Or allow a withdrawal so that the funds I lodge subsequently when topping up my account can take account of the new cost.

I run a small business, with a small diesel fleet , and so am better placed than most to comment on fuel prices, and NO my fuel costs have not risen in the last while.

Next...............

You probably are. And your point is what exactly? I know what I'm seeing at the pumps. Petrol's gone up 4c in the past couple of weeks.

Next...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

regards

Most of the things I order are free UK delivery so I get them to local Parcel Motel for less than 4 euro. Still seems like great value to me.

• Advertisement

Someone mentioned that DPD are bringing out their own version of the PM service, but they apparently will deliver to your door. Does anyone have any details?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement