Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

Ah sure you might as well be sending it to Leitrim. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 annmariexxx

As an avid user of Parcel Motel over the last 18 months or so, i have become really disillusioned with them recently
    Their website says that they will deliver your parcel within 24 hours of being 'checked in'
    i have 3 parcels in the system this week, 2 which were checked in on Wednesday lunchtime, and one which was checked in yesterday (thursday) lunchtime. still no sign of them being delivered at 7pm Friday. have e-mailed customer service - no response
    Considering they have just increased their prices by 13% - i would expect their customer service to be better
    Anyone else had these problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

As an avid user of Parcel Motel over the last 18 months or so, i have become really disillusioned with them recently
    Their website says that they will deliver your parcel within 24 hours of being 'checked in'
    i have 3 parcels in the system this week, 2 which were checked in on Wednesday lunchtime, and one which was checked in yesterday (thursday) lunchtime. still no sign of them being delivered at 7pm Friday. have e-mailed customer service - no response
    Considering they have just increased their prices by 13% - i would expect their customer service to be better
    Anyone else had these problems?

A parcel checked in on Wednesday at 7pm, the parcel wasn't on my locker yesterday morning as I thought it would be like in previous deliveries, I contacted them yesterday about 11:30, a few minutes after my parcel status changed to loaded to delivery van (I don't think it was because my email, they are not that efficient) they replied to my email about 1h later.

So far all my deliveries got delivered to my locker within about 24h, in 1 case a parcel was deliver to them (according the Royal Mail tracking number) on Saturday morning about 10am, it was deliver to my locker on the evening about 11pm, I really wasn't expecting them deliver that parcel on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 annmariexxx

Yeah it was like that for me as well, I've had parcels checked in at 10am, and been able to collect them the same evening. However the last couple of months have been really bad, hope it's a blip and not a sign of things to come

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Hey
    I'm getting a delivery by a company called hermes in the uk. Does anybody know if they will deliver to parcel motel.
    Also what happens if they don't?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Hermes will deliver to PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Hermes will deliver to PM.

They do deliver, but I think they're notorious for leaving peoples PM numbers off the package meaning it can be a bit delayed.

They do deliver, but I think they're notorious for leaving peoples PM numbers off the package meaning it can be a bit delayed.

Hermes are couriers. They are not the ones who incorrectly address a parcel. That's down to the original sellers who use Hermes. Asda and Tesco are two that come to mind.

Hermes are couriers. They are not the ones who incorrectly address a parcel. That's down to the original sellers who use Hermes. Asda and Tesco are two that come to mind.

Thanks
    The parcel is from asda so here's hoping :)

There'll be no problem. Asda are usually reliable. You do know they will deliver direct? Costs a fiver...

• Advertisement

There'll be no problem. Asda are usually reliable. You do know they will deliver direct? Costs a fiver...

It's from the home department which they said they wouldn't deliver international

Sorry, yes. Homeware I usually have to PM. Clothes for some reason, they deliver direct.

Sorry, yes. Homeware I usually have to PM. Clothes for some reason, they deliver direct.

It seems weird that they deliver clothes but not home stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Warehouse and monsoon use them too. When I've had delayed parcels the people on the phone in parcel motel actually directly said Hermes were at fault, and when I did get the parcel the address was written on a Hermes label, so I assumed Hermes were trying to screw with nightline, but it's neither here nor there, they do deliver anyway :)

Another question
    I ordered a few things this week
    How long do the parcels sit in locker without being charged extra. I don't want to drive down 4 times, want to wait and get them all at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Another question
    I ordered a few things this week
    How long do the parcels sit in locker without being charged extra. I don't want to drive down 4 times, want to wait and get them all at once.
    Expired Stays - Parcels which have not been collected within 48 hours

If your parcel stays at the Parcel Motel for longer than 48 hours, we will collect it and bring it back to the nearest Nightline Depot. We will notify you and ask you to chose one of the following options:

1. Return to a Parcel Motel of your choice. You will be charged €3.95 for a second stay.

2. Pickup at Nightline Depot by you, or a third party courier* - You will be charged €3.95 every 48 hours.

*the courier must have your name and PMID in order to collect your parcel.

3. Delivery to an alternative address - Any address in Ireland including Northern Ireland. A supplement of €10.50 in addition to the €3.95 Parcel Motel charge, so €14.45 in total per parcel.

For example, if your parcel is delivered at 7am on a Monday, and you have not collected it by midnight on the Wednesday, plus you have chosen to have the parcel put back into the motel, on the Thursday, you will be charged a further €3.95 in addition to the €3.95 you paid for the initial stay, so €7.90 in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AppleKidd

I would like to know what billing address would you put down for Parcel Motel. Do I put down the Northern Ireland Address for my billing address. The reason why I am asking is I heard UK retailers rejecting orders to Parcel Motel address. Also some online stores are asking for STD code this required for confirming credit card. (This is wrote under where you type your Phone number)

I just don't want orders getting rejected.

Thanks

AppleKidd wrote: »
    I would like to know what billing address would you put down for Parcel Motel. Do I put down the Northern Ireland Address for my billing address. The reason why I am asking is I heard UK retailers rejecting orders to Parcel Motel address. Also some online stores are asking for STD code this required for confirming credit card. (This is wrote under where you type your Phone number)

I just don't want orders getting rejected.

Thanks

If you put down the billing address as PM, then it's likely to be rejected. Can you pay by PayPal?

If you put down the billing address as PM, then it's likely to be rejected. Can you pay by PayPal?

No I cant it is just card payment. what about putting my address in for line 1 and the rest for northern ireland address for PM or use my Phone number and 353 to confirm the card as as it states under the box for your phone number.

Which address is right for PM for northern Ireland or can I use either.

name
    PMxxxxxxx
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

Name
    PMxxxxxxx
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

• Advertisement

AppleKidd wrote: »
    Which address is right for PM for northern Ireland or can I use either.

name
    PMxxxxxxx
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

Name
    PMxxxxxxx
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

The second address would be correct. You should've got this when you signed up.

The second address would be correct. You should've got this when you signed up.

Okay, fair enough I just want to know what the story is with first. what about Aamzon prime can you avail of this with Parcel Motel address. how does the billing address works with Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭smpillai11

Forgot to collect my parcel and it expired :(. I would be great if parcel motel could send the expiry text an hour before the parcel expires. The text would be more useful that way . I reached the collection point only 15 minutes after the parcel expired and could not collect :(:(

Why? You knew you had 48 hours to collect.

Why? You knew you had 48 hours to collect.

Life is busy and texts are not expensive :). Do you never forget anything?

smpillai11 wrote: »
    Life is busy and texts are not expensive :). Do you never forget anything?

That's true. So if you're busy & likely to forget or not get the time to collect, then you could set an alarm on your phone or get a mate to collect for you? Saves you €3.95! ;)

:) ha ha. You avoided my question. Will do that next time. I work for technology and know reminders are not very difficult to implement on systems. Parcel motel customers will benefit from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

They send message 24 hrs before. So what you have do now contact helpline?

They send message 24 hrs before. So what you have do now contact helpline?

thanks. just did

• Advertisement

I'm notorious for forgetting stuff! In fact, I forgot to take my parcel to the PO this morning, and had to turn back for it....

That's why I tend to do stuff as soon as I remember, or else set reminders on my phone! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement