Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

AppleKidd wrote: »
    Which address is right for PM for northern Ireland or can I use either.

name
    PMxxxxxxx
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

Name
    PMxxxxxxx
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

I used the first one and I didn't have any problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AppleKidd

mac.in wrote: »
    I used the first one and I didn't have any problem.

How about Amazon Prime. I have trial and it's great. The only thing I am worrying is about is when the trial is over and take it for the year and then half way through amazon stops shipping to the parcel motel address. It would be a loss of 100 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

How about Amazon Prime. I have trial and it's great. The only thing I am worrying is about is when the trial is over and take it for the year and then half way through amazon stops shipping to the parcel motel address. It would be a loss of 100 euro.
    If that happened, I would think you would have a good case to dispute the charge.

Not your ornery onager

How does Paypal work with parcel Motel and ordering in the UK. I use Paypal alot but when I go in to add an address I cant change the Country. Do I have to setup a UK Paypal account. or how does it work.

If I have to setup a uk Paypal account how does adding an Irish credit card work, when you cant change the country for your billing address.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

How does Paypal work with parcel Motel and ordering in the UK. I use Paypal alot but when I go in to add an address I cant change the Country. Do I have to setup a UK Paypal account. or how does it work.

If I have to setup a uk Paypal account how does adding an Irish credit card work, when you cant change the country for your billing address.

Thanks
    You don't need to change anything just use your papal as normal, if using E bay add the PM address to your address book and select it as default when needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

All sites that accept paypal I've used so far let me put in a shipping address (PM in uk) before I proceed to pay. For the payment part mostly no address is required or it can be added/modified when you make an order. I don't think you have to add the address to paypal before you make an order.
    I do have some addresses on paypal with 2 countries (for billing, not shipping) as I use cards/accounts from different countries, so the end of the address will read UK, Ireland for example. Never had a payment fail.
    If you really want to just enter the entire PM address -including UK- and ignore that it says Ireland at the end, I'm sure the postman will figure it out...

NATLOR wrote: »
    You don't need to change anything just use your papal as normal, if using E bay add the PM address to your address book and select it as default when needed

Address book on ebay of Paypal. what about if you don't you ebay for the order what happens with the address..

Address book on ebay of Paypal. what about if you don't you ebay for the order what happens with the address..

Address book on E bay, no change needed to paypal. Ive used paypal a fair bit with PM and never been a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

I don't get what your question is. Every time you pay with paypal it let's you choose or input a shipping address, if you didn't do that already on the site itself (eg in case of ebay) It remembers the ones you've used in the past. You can have more than one. Only your payment methods (card, accounts) need to have a "matching billing address", -don't confuse this with where you want it shipped- this is only the address the card/account is registered at.

flyguy wrote: »
    I don't get what your question is. Every time you pay with paypal it let's you choose or input a shipping address, if you didn't do that already on the site itself (eg in case of ebay) It remembers the ones you've used in the past. You can have more than one. Only your payment methods (card, accounts) need to have a "matching billing address", -don't confuse this with where you want it shipped- this is only the address the card/account is registered at.

I understand now for Uk ordering Paypal is to bypass the billing address when ordering from the UK is it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Your payment method and billing address need no adjustment. When you want to use PM you need to change your shipping address only. This applies to all sites like ebay, Amazon etc.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

go to your paypal account account, profile,add/edit postal address, add this address
    (your name,your pmotel number)
    Nightline
    1A McKinney Road
    NEWTOWNABBEY, Co Antrim BT36 4PE
    United Kingdom
    all your adresses will be listed make pmotel your home address
    (this can be changed at any time back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Interesting article on the Independent I say parcel Motel will notice when implemented.
    The internal dimensions should allow for the storage of a package 37cm long, 25cm high and 16.5cm wide.

Interesting move by An Post. An Post will not have a uk address I can tell you that now. Unless they work out a deal with Royal Mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Interesting move by An Post. An Post will not have a uk address I can tell you that now. Unless they work out a deal with Royal Mail.

That article is about a metal box that sits outside your house.

That article is about a metal box that sits outside your house.

Yes correct so rather than leave Sorry we missed you the put the parcel in that box.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

nava wrote: »
    Yes correct so rather than leave Sorry we missed you the put the parcel in that box.

A well secured rental locker on your doorstep ... the convenience of a 37cm long, 25cm high and 16.5cm wide door letterbox can't be too far behind? :rolleyes:

styron wrote: »
    A well secured rental locker on your doorstep ... the convenience of a 37cm long, 25cm high and 16.5cm wide door letterbox can't be too far behind? :rolleyes:
    Ahh! but then the neighbours cat would be sneaking in everytime you were out.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Not sure if already asked but if I send a parcel to a parcel motel customer via my parcel motel account do we both pay fees ?

Me to send it ( obviously I do )
    Buyer to receive it

campo wrote: »
    Not sure if already asked but if I send a parcel to a parcel motel customer via my parcel motel account do we both pay fees ?

Me to send it ( obviously I do )
    Buyer to receive it

Only sender pays in that case

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

I'll never use parcel motel after reading this.

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=188342

Disgraceful service.

Thomas D wrote: »

Disgraceful service.

I remember clearly being made aware of that €100 liability when I signed up. I think they have an option to increase that for a fee (per item) if you are purchasing something more expensive.

Disgraceful service.

It is clearly stated on the Pm website that maximum liability is 100 euro with an option to increase this for a small fee if needed. You should do your homework before posting ill informed comments like this

I remember clearly being made aware of that €100 liability when I signed up. I think they have an option to increase that for a fee (per item) if you are purchasing something more expensive.

Yes they do, if I recall correctly at the start they only cover you up to €100 with no option to increase like they do now, it's quite clear on the website now, you can increase to €500 for €3.50, €1000 for €7.00 or €1500 for €10.50 to cover you for 14 days.

I say that person didn't want to expend the extra few EUR to get cover, I do feel sorry for him on loosing about €400.

The fact that the item was signed for and now is gone without a trace is most worrying. Sounds like a really shoddy operation.
    Their initial blaming if the customer and delays in replying speaks volumes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

The fact that the item was signed for and now is gone without a trace is most worrying. Sounds like a really shoddy operation.
    Their initial blaming if the customer and delays in replying speaks volumes.

Actually - no. It isn't. Like any other parcel service, parcels can and do go missing. Amongst the many, many parcels received, if you were to get stats on the loss rate, I bet it would be quite low.

I do feel very sorry for the gentleman that lost his parcel, but as others have pointed out: Parcel Motel's T's & C's do clearly state the maximum liability is E100. Additional insurance can be taken out if required. Why didn't this gentleman do this? I have no idea.

I've read of a few instances where mobile phones ordered from overseas have apparently gone missing. I'd be willing to bet that those posters didn't take out the insurance either.

If there's something ordered of high value? Either get it posted direct and pay the extra. Or PM it and take out additional insurance to cover potential loss. Either way, it'll cost extra. Not a lot to pay for peace of mind, if you're shopping online. Neither is it rocket science. All you have to do is read the T's & C's carefully...

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

On the other hand, there do seem to be rather a lot of reports of PM "losing" parcels.

That probably explains the massive insurance prices and the tiny insured value. They expect plenty of items to be pilfered. It's important that people are aware of this.

Funny how websites are able to offer cheap delivery rates that font differ for a €50 or a €500 item.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Actually - no. It isn't. Like any other parcel service, parcels can and do go missing. Amongst the many, many parcels received, if you were to get stats on the loss rate, I bet it would be quite low.

I do feel very sorry for the gentleman that lost his parcel, but as others have pointed out: Parcel Motel's T's & C's do clearly state the maximum liability is E100. Additional insurance can be taken out if required. Why didn't this gentleman do this? I have no idea.

I've read of a few instances where mobile phones ordered from overseas have apparently gone missing. I'd be willing to bet that those posters didn't take out the insurance either.

If there's something ordered of high value? Either get it posted direct and pay the extra. Or PM it and take out additional insurance to cover potential loss. Either way, it'll cost extra. Not a lot to pay for peace of mind, if you're shopping online. Neither is it rocket science. All you have to do is read the T's & C's carefully...

Oh thanks for the reminder! Just upgraded my account to 500 euro for the arrival of my oneplus phone and related bits over the next few days.

• Advertisement

That probably explains the massive insurance prices and the tiny insured value. They expect plenty of items to be pilfered. It's important that people are aware of this.

€3.50 cost for a €500 item,€7.50 for a €1000 item represents less than 1% of the purchase price, hardly massive insurance costs :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement