Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Also always very clean those NIGHTLINE vans are aswell. Someones running a ship shape shop. Los Pollos Hermanos style.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

Any ideas when this might see a nationwide launch???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

BobMc wrote: »
    Any ideas when this might see a nationwide launch???

After Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

nava wrote: »
    I put the Netteler credit card on my Irish account, careful with changing the same CC between accounts as paypal can block it to be used again in Paypal not sure but recall reading that a while back, not sure how many changes you can make.

Check what looks like official forum https://www.paypal-community.com/ for more info or ask the question there.
    flyguy wrote: »
    Seems lot of probs with PP accounts. Now I have a Dutch PP account so maybe it's different but I can enter any address in any country as my delivery address (have 5 addresses in 3 different countries registered currently).
    The main prob is registering a card or bank account from a different country. What worked for me is just ignoring the country in the address info; I have a UK (sterling) credit card with an Irish address but on my paypal it wont accept any other country than Netherlands. So I just entered the Irish address with the country set to Netherlands. Have done several payments on this card and they go through no prob (I don't have to worry about the delivery as you can always specify a different billing and delivery address).

Back to ParcelMotel;
    Got my first package, all without prob. Great! Used it again straight away.
    I also would like to see a higher weight/size limit on the service...
    Yes even with your Irish eBay account just add another address with the parcel motel uk address you can even change the country to UK

Hi all

I'm having problems adding UK address to my Irish PayPal Account. It wont leave me change country. Any help much appreciated

QVw8Sl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi all

I'm having problems adding UK address to my Irish PayPal Account. It wont leave me change country. Any help much appreciated

QVw8Sl.jpg

You cannot change the country you need to open a UK paypal account, so you will have 2 accounts 1 for Ireland and 1 for the UK.

EDIT: you cannot have the same credit card in 2 paypal accounts at the same time, also you cannot change the same credit card back and forward between the Uk and IE account as credit card will get block in Paypal systems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

What I did was I proceeded with my purchase via paypal (Irish Account). At the stage where it shows you your delivery address and asks you if you want to change it you simply choose to add another address and it will let you put the UK address in and select UK as the country.

Worked fine and my parcel came via Parcel Motel in Antrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

You cannot change the country you need to open a UK paypal account, so you will have 2 accounts 1 for Ireland and 1 for the UK.

EDIT: you cannot have the same credit card in 2 paypal accounts at the same time, also you cannot change the same credit card back and forward between the Uk and IE account as credit card will get block in Paypal systems.

Just set up UK account now. Will try it out in the next few days. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

I just added the Parcel Motel address in my paypal account, bought something cheap and it was delivered. I'd say it's up to the sellers' discretion to send items to an address which is not the same as the address that was registered initially with paypal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

m4r10 wrote: »
    I just added the Parcel Motel address in my paypal account, bought something cheap and it was delivered. I'd say it's up to the sellers' discretion to send items to an address which is not the same as the address that was registered initially with paypal.

I'd imagine once they get paid they don't give much of a toss!

I'm still waiting for my Man Utd jersey from Maxxsoccer.com (ordered 17th August). This website is notoriously slow with delivery so I still can't comment on my experience getting a delivery to the UK parcel motel and collecting it from my Booterstown Applegreen garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Chalk_Farm

Very efficient service, was told by ebay that item was dispatched from UK on Tuesday morning, had it sent to the parcel motel in the north and received it in my motel down here this morning! Cheers!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

2 ps3's were won yesterday :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Went to order something then that cost £17 to deliver to Ireland but free to uk so i put in Antrim address and it came up £17 delivery :(

Went to order something then that cost £17 to deliver to Ireland but free to uk so i put in Antrim address and it came up £17 delivery :(

Through what service? Amazon?

Achilles wrote: »
    Through what service? Amazon?

No was eurocarparts.

No was eurocarparts.

Just checked their website and yeah they don't offer delivery to Nothern Ireland for free, not sure why but most website that offer free UK delivery will include the Northern Counties too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Thegarlad

Ordered from ASDA direct and got my delivery to my Parcel Motel in Ashbourne....great service

• Registered Users Posts: 20,048 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

annoying, but hardly anything to do with parcel hotel?

Cyrus wrote: »
    annoying, but hardly anything to do with parcel hotel?

Wasn't saying it was to do with parcel motel just stating that it didn't work for me this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Achilles wrote: »
    Just checked their website and yeah they don't offer delivery to Nothern Ireland for free, not sure why but most website that offer free UK delivery will include the Northern Counties too.

A lot of places will only deliver free to mainland UK, not NI, IOM, CI or Scottish Islands, especially if it's heavy or bulky stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭FueledbyCoffee

Thegarlad wrote: »
    Ordered from ASDA direct and got my delivery to my Parcel Motel in Ashbourne....great service

oOOhhh never even thought of Asda - you may be on to a winner there. Was is ASDA Direct you ordered from ? You know the one with the huge range of stuff ? Or was it just the regular Asda ?

This could save a fortune in diesel !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Thegarlad

oOOhhh never even thought of Asda - you may be on to a winner there. Was is ASDA Direct you ordered from ? You know the one with the huge range of stuff ? Or was it just the regular Asda ?

It was ASDA Direct, picked up some toys for the little one in their 2 for 20pound deal http://direct.asda.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Collected my first parcel yesterday.
    Extremely pleased with the service.
    Word of warning, if you're going with someone tho, get them to stand back from the boxes as when they open they really fly! Nearly hit the OH on the head!

P.s. Orla can you PM me, I want to bring something to your attention which I don't think should go on here.

Ste- wrote: »
    Collected my first parcel yesterday.
    Extremely pleased with the service.
    Word of warning, if you're going with someone tho, get them to stand back from the boxes as when they open they really fly! Nearly hit the OH on the head!

P.s. Orla can you PM me, I want to bring something to your attention which I don't think should go on here.

Going to take my wife now,hopefully hits her square in the face.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

well i had a great experience with PM today.

I ordered a TV from the interweb and had it shipped to them knowing that they accept over sized parcels and they can be delivered onwards or collected (both for a fee)

I looked up the website and misread the information, thinking it would only cost be about 15 euro I went ahead and ordered, well was I wrong and left pretty embarrassed! they really looked after me and I had my dad collect the parcel as he was in the area at the time - when he arrived the parcel and the CEO were waiting for him, the CEO took the time to explain the pricing structure to him - apologized for the confusion and helped him carry the TV to the car.

Amazing service, top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

How is the quality of their clothing brand "George". The prices are really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Murta

living wrote: »
    How is the quality of their clothing brand "George". The prices are really good.

I find the quality of George better then Tesco and Dunnes clothes. Generally George wouldn't be as good as M & S.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Ordered item from ebay with free UK shpping , had it shipped to the NI Parcel Motel, arrived there on Wednesday was in my parcel motel locker yesterday morning.

Excellent service, works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Noticed a different text message chime to my default txt message chime on their text message whichever way they designed that to happen.
    Quickest UK delivery ever. Ordered tuesday nite and got a delivery text this morning at 7am.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

Murta wrote: »
    I find the quality of George better then Tesco and Dunnes clothes. Generally George wouldn't be as good as M & S.

Thanks for the info :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement