Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

AppleKidd wrote: »
    I had to do the same thing and it worked twice. If you have internet banking look to see did the vendor take the money yet.

Nothing has come out yet, but it takes a while to show up my credit card.
    It drives me mad that companies will deliver to northern ireland but not ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AppleKidd

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    It drives me mad that companies will deliver to northern ireland but not ireland.

i know its crazy. By any chance do you how who processed the Payment example Sage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I'll give you a joke. I ordered a large electrical item from Amazon. Free delivery it said. Great! I thought. Went to the checkout, and to my astonishment the delivery charge changed to £148!!! :eek:

I get on to Amazon to query the charge. They told me it's correct. So I pointed out that the item had to be loaded on to a plane, ferry whatever they used to get it across the North Sea anyway. And that it was free to deliver to NI. Why was I being charged MORE than the item cost to bring it by road across the border?? :confused: They couldn't really give me a reason, but did confirm that it was free delivery to NI.

Guess what I did? ;) Cost me E50 to bring it across, and I collected from Little Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

copacetic wrote: »
    I'd say it's reasonably sharp practise actually, item signed for at parcel motel and then they just send you minimum cover cost?
    They don't cover minimum cost, they cover the exact cost of the item, up to the maximum cover you've selected as is clearly in their t&c's. If you undervalue your house to save on insurance the insurance will actually pay half of the covered amount at least PM pays full.
    What's to stop someone there just pocketing anything that looks like it might be expensive?

My guess would be dismissal and potential criminal prosecution would stop anyone.
    It's not like the item was damaged or broken by accident, it appears it was delivered and then they lost it(at best). You would have thought they would make much better efforts to look after the customer in that case or at least explain what the hell happened.

If PM knows what happened they probably could locate/deliver your package. I still think that the majority of "missing/lost" parcels arrive with incorrect PM number, PM number missing or PM number not matching the name. Either due to fault of the buyer or the seller. I suspect some may have even be collected by other PM users. I hope when PM asks for proof of delivery they also check that name/PMID was present and correct and otherwise refuse liability, would save them some money!
    I'm not saying PM doesn't make any mistakes and from what I read their communication could be better, but it does seem they pay if they lose something, can they do anything else?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

They could put up their ridiculously low standard liability of €100. Failing that they could do a much better job of informing people that they are basically washing their hands of items stolen in their possession.

I had mail stolen because an post just left it outside the post box and didn't bother to ring the doorbell or take it back for collection. I compained and they sent me a cheque for near 300 quid. No bull**** about limited liability. They were at fault and they took the hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

:eek:So I pointed out that the item had to be loaded on to a plane, ferry whatever they used to get it across the North Sea anyway...
    Geography fail? :)

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Geography fail? :)

Mine or yours? You do know that Amazon's main depots are in Swansea and Scotland don't you? :D So across the Irish /North Sea for one. St George's Channel for the other depending on where the item was located.

Mine or yours? You do know that Amazon's main depots are in Swansea and Scotland don't you? :D

Thought not...

Oh dear...

Thomas D wrote: »
    Oh dear...

Oh dear - what's wrong, ducks?

Oh dear - what's wrong, ducks?

You making a clown of yourself and not realising it.

• Advertisement

You making a clown of yourself and not realising it.

Never mind. Personally, I'm not interested in you or what you think. It's not going to change my life...

Nothing funnier than a knowitall that knows nothing.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Sea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Mine or yours? You do know that Amazon's main depots are in Swansea and Scotland don't you? :D So across the Irish /North Sea for one. St George's Channel for the other depending on where the item was located.

Lol major geography fail:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Instead of you nit-picking and calling me names, why didn't read the rest of my post? Esel was being humourous, and I answered in kind.

Instead of you nit-picking and calling me names, why didn't read the rest of my post? Esel was being humourous, and I answered in kind.

Stop digging man.

I am a woman BTW! :D And I'll say a pleasant Night, night to you all, as this is getting silly, and I'm getting bored. The main point of what I posted has been completely missed due to one poster's apparent problem with me, and a couple of people jumping on it. It must be wonderful to be so perfect...

I am a woman BTW! :D And I'll say a pleasant Night, night to you all, as this is getting silly, and I'm getting bored. The main point of what I posted has been completely missed due to one poster's apparent problem with me, and a couple of people jumping on it. It must be wonderful to be so perfect...

Ah dont go ABajaninCork it was only a bit of craic.
    Sorry if you were offended.

I got an email off tkmaxx saying my order had been dispatched so happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Esel was being humourous, and I answered in kind.
    Yeah, sorry my attempt at humour caused some people 'upset'. :pac:

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Hi Guys,

A couple of months ago I topped up my Parcel Motel account by €10.50 to give me three stays. I used up two and I have one left but the problem is I have €3.50 in my account and since then they have increased their charges to €3.95. Am I the only one with this problem? I only need to top up by 45cent.

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

A couple of months ago I topped up my Parcel Motel account by €10.50 to give me three stays. I used up two and I have one left but the problem is I have €3.50 in my account and since then they have increased their charges to €3.95. Am I the only one with this problem? I only need to top up by 45cent.

I had this problem too. I changed my settings so the money comes out my account every time there is a drop rather than topping up. They took 45 cent for the first drop at new prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I had this problem too. I changed my settings so the money comes out my account every time there is a drop rather than topping up. They took 45 cent for the first drop at new prices

Deadly, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

Does any one know if parcel motel still deliver packages on Saturdays?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AppleKidd

The last two weeks they did, because I got a text to pick my packages up.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

AppleKidd wrote: »
    The last two weeks they did, because I got a text to pick my packages up.

Thanks hoping my package arrives tomo so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Last month they did. So I presume that they should do it now too.

I got a text yesterday saying my parcel was dropped off to my parcel motel locker. The parcel was only delivered to Nightline yesterday morning, so very happy with how quick it was :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I didn't see any notices about the increase to €3.95, that's not to say they didn't send one, I use a different email address. But I definitely didn't get a text.

3 items last week @ €3.95 each = €11.85

I found out afterwards, I could've ordered one @ €5 Delivered or 3 @ €11 bundled from amazon (£8.70).

Quite a few items deliver directly for roughly €4 - €4.50.

I'm not berating PM for upping their prices, and I still think they have a great service, as there are still many Companies that won't ship here, but, it's worth noting that many items can be delivered directly to your door for slightly more, or bundled for slightly less.
    Sometimes when you group items on Amazon, they still ship them out individually, so you would end up paying more with PM anyway (And possibly the UK delivery price).

Just thought it was worth pointing out.

Allyall wrote: »
    I didn't see any notices about the increase to €3.95, that's not to say they didn't send one, I use a different email address. But I definitely didn't get a text.

3 items last week @ €3.95 each = €11.85

I found out afterwards, I could've ordered one @ €5 Delivered or 3 @ €11 bundled from amazon (£8.70).

Quite a few items deliver directly for roughly €4 - €4.50.

I'm not berating PM for upping their prices, and I still think they have a great service, as there are still many Companies that won't ship here, but, it's worth noting that many items can be delivered directly to your door for slightly more, or bundled for slightly less.
    Sometimes when you group items on Amazon, they still ship them out individually, so you would end up paying more with PM anyway (And possibly the UK delivery price).

Just thought it was worth pointing out.

It's a waste of money at this stage and more hassle than it's worth if you're ordering from amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

It's a waste of money at this stage and more hassle than it's worth if you're ordering from amazon.

But still plenty of other reasons to use it.
    They may have lost a lot by pricing out many amazon customers, but their workload is probably a lot less, and their increase will make a bit.
    People can still order from Tesco, eBuyer etc.. and some large items on Amazon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement