Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Thomas D wrote: »
    It's a waste of money at this stage and more hassle than it's worth if you're ordering from amazon.

Depends if there is always someone in your house to answer the door for packages, and with an post you never know what day they will arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Furp wrote: »
    Depends if there is always someone in your house to answer the door for packages, and with an post you never know what day they will arrive.

This might level the playing pitch a bit and it's not that far off either?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Allyall wrote: »
    But still plenty of other reasons to use it.
    They may have lost a lot by pricing out many amazon customers, but their workload is probably a lot less, and they increase will make a bit.
    People can still order from Tesco, eBuyer etc.. and some large items on Amazon.

I don't think it works for eBuyer anymore?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I don't think it works for eBuyer anymore?

I don't know, I haven't bought from them in a good while, but that was just an example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

When you use Parcel Motel UK address, (which is actually in North of Ireland) do you list the country as Ireland or UK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

mark as UK

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AppleKidd

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    When you use Parcel Motel UK address, (which is actually in North of Ireland) do you list the country as Ireland or UK?

It would be United Kingdom, Great Britain or Northern Ireland depends whats in the list of Countries. It would be most likely UK or GB.

AppleKidd wrote: »
    It would be United Kingdom, Great Britain or Northern Ireland depends whats in the list of Countries. It would be most likely UK or GB.

It would be UK.
    Northern Ireland is not in Great Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I actually can't believe someone asked that

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AppleKidd

Allyall wrote: »
    It would be UK.
    Northern Ireland is not in Great Britain.

Some websites class NI as GB. UPS classes NI as GB

• Advertisement

AppleKidd wrote: »
    Some websites class NI as GB. UPS classes NI as GB

Then they are wrong. It's not in Great Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

The question itself has the answer. "Parcel Motel UK address"!:)

mac.in wrote: »
    The question itself has the answer. "Parcel Motel UK address"!:)

I assumed as much, but I didn't want to risk my expensive Parcel ending up in limbo at the sorting center. It's the north of Ireland, so I don't think it's unfair to assume you would put it for Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mynamewasgone!

the price increase doesn't bother me too much. It's a matter of convenience thats the big seller for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

another advantage of PM, I just picked up a package this morning on the way to work which was only ordered Friday, as the UK didn't have a bank holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

How long does a package stay in the lockers?

I've got a package there since last night/this morning.

I knew it was coming as they took credit yesterday. My plan was to pick it up today but im not feeling too well today.

48 hours

I assumed as much, but I didn't want to risk my expensive Parcel ending up in limbo at the sorting center. It's the north of Ireland, so I don't think it's unfair to assume you would put it for Ireland

The whole point of parcel motel is to get items delivered to Ireland from companies that won't deliver to Ireland. The minute you put ireland in an address companies will either not deliver or charge huge rates.
    Northern Ireland is part of the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Good you cleared your doubt before ordering. So just be known that for administrative and/or political purpose, Ireland by default is Republic of Ireland and excludes Northern Ireland and Northern Ireland is of UK. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 flabee113

How long does the parcel motel website take to update with your parcel info?

• Advertisement

flabee113 wrote: »
    How long does the parcel motel website take to update with your parcel info?

The info is updated as it is scanned trough each point instantly. However sometimes it doesn't seem to get logged up in the north, in which case the first time you will see any update is once it reaches Dublin depot.

I've got a small package (it's a 30ml bottle of e-juice) shipped to my Parcel Motel, how much do they charge for small package storage?

I've got a small package (it's a 30ml bottle of e-juice) shipped to my Parcel Motel, how much do they charge for small package storage?

Never mind I figured it out :D

Snoopy1 wrote: »

Thank you! but I googled it.. Never thought to google it xD

Actually, can anyone collect it on my behalf? or am I the only one allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    The whole point of parcel motel is to get items delivered to Ireland from companies that won't deliver to Ireland.
    Not the whole point though. Convenience of collecting at a time that suits you is another.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Actually, can anyone collect it on my behalf? or am I the only one allowed?
    From a motel, all they need is your mobile no. and the PIN. From a depot, I think they need your PMID.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I'm in the process of buying something off adverts.ie and the seller suggested sending via parcel motel. Seems like a good idea.
    Just wondering will I be charged for receiving a parcel as well as the seller for sending?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Esel wrote: »
    From a motel, all they need is your mobile no. and the PIN. From a depot, I think they need your PMID.

Yeah, that's right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement