Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Last question, I ordered a controller for my PS3 from amazon and used the one day prime delivery to the UK address, it should be there Friday, will they have my package in my collection point by Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I'm in the process of buying something off adverts.ie and the seller suggested sending via parcel motel. Seems like a good idea.
    Just wondering will I be charged for receiving a parcel as well as the seller for sending?
    Pretty sure the answer is no.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Esel wrote: »
    Pretty sure the answer is no.

I can confirm the answer is no, I often give the option of using Parcel Motel when buying/selling on Adverts to save on postage cost

• Registered Users Posts: 41 kdoher

Just wondering does anyone have the number for the Antrim depot? Got something delivered there yday which was signed for and it's still not showing on the website, when I call Finglas, they don't seem interested in helping!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 flabee113

kdoher wrote: »
    Just wondering does anyone have the number for the Antrim depot? Got something delivered there yday which was signed for and it's still not showing on the website, when I call Finglas, they don't seem interested in helping!!

I'm having the same problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

The Nightline Newtonabbey number: +44 (0) 28 9084 8411 - that timeframe (so far) is pretty normal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 flabee113

My parcel arrived at Antrim on Tuesday and the website hasn't updated yet. Is that normal?

Nvm, just updated to checked in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

There must be some sort of slow down at the moment? I ordered two items this week which would be a pretty regular order for me from the UK. Both from stationery shops. Both orders were placed on Monday and both marked as delivered on each website but neither parcel is tracked in at PM. Usually these parcels appear within 1 day of me placing the original order.

I must give them a ring later about this.

There must be some sort of slow down at the moment? I ordered two items this week which would be a pretty regular order for me from the UK. Both from stationery shops. Both orders were placed on Monday and both marked as delivered on each website but neither parcel is tracked in at PM. Usually these parcels appear within 1 day of me placing the original order.

I must give them a ring later about this.

Just to follow up on this. I rang yesterday and was told they received no parcel. They rang back at 4 to say nope no parcel can be found, talk to seller. Lo and behold I get a text this morning to say my parcel is in my locker?

Just to follow up on this. I rang yesterday and was told they received no parcel. They rang back at 4 to say nope no parcel can be found, talk to seller. Lo and behold I get a text this morning to say my parcel is in my locker?

Probably just arrived, sometimes they arrive late to the depot

• Advertisement

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    Probably just arrived, sometimes they arrive late to the depot

Yeah but it was never scanned in anywhere at all. I checked this morning at 7.20 when I was in work and there was no information at all. I get a text at 8.40 saying the parcel was at my locker.

This is my 23rd(!!!!) transaction with PM and my first time seeing anything like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CosmicGravy

Hey guys I was wondering when you go onto Amazon to enter Parcel Motels Northern Ireland address do you have to put your PMID into where your name is or do you leave it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Hey guys I was wondering when you go onto Amazon to enter Parcel Motels Northern Ireland address do you have to put your PMID into where your name is or do you leave it out?

The Format i use on amazon generally is

Name: (Your name)
    Address1: PM000XXX Parcel Motel
    Address2: 1A McKinney Road
    Town/City: Newtownabbey
    County: Co. Antrim
    Postcode: BT36 4PE

Never had any trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

elfy4eva wrote: »
    The Format i use on amazon generally is

Address1: PM000XXX Parcel Motel

Never had any trouble.

I have used the below format. I'm waiting for parcel to arrive. Let me see.

Address1: Nightline (Parcel Motel)

I presume once the Nightline staff see the PM000XXX, they match the name and PM000XXX in their records and would do the routine. Also this address/address by the op should be fine either.

Edit: I actually missed my PMID (PM000XXX) in the post here. But, I did mention the ID in the second line that looked like this 'PM000XXX 1A McKinney Road'

Yeah but it was never scanned in anywhere at all. I checked this morning at 7.20 when I was in work and there was no information at all. I get a text at 8.40 saying the parcel was at my locker.

This is my 23rd(!!!!) transaction with PM and my first time seeing anything like this.

It's a big negative mark on the reliability of the service. The concerned staff should definitely look over it and give their explanation and assure that it wouldn't happen again in future. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

mac.in wrote: »
    I have used the below format. I'm waiting for parcel to arrive. Let me see.

Address1: Nightline (Parcel Motel)

I presume once the Nightline staff see the PM000XXX, they match the name and PM000XXX in their records and would do the routine. Also this address/address by the op should be fine either.

You left out your PMID. this will slow it down as they now have to find it. Give them a call and advise them of the problem.
    People can't complain when they don't follow the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

so PM lost my parcel. it's been sent via registered post by the seller, and I was given tracking code
    after the tracking confirmed the parcel has been delivered and signed for I went to PM site for two days not to see it there
    contacted the PM which told me they didn't get anything
    seller sent me the scan of shipping address informed me that the parcel was signed for
    and PM claims they never received this.

had over 20 parcels delivered via PM, will not use them not anymore after that

You left out your PMID. this will slow it down as they now have to find it. Give them a call and advise them of the problem.
    People can't complain when they don't follow the rules.

Thanks for reminding. Actually I did add the PMID in my order but missed to mention it in the post here. I have edited my post however. :)

The parcel has arrived at PM from Amazon. It's updated latest today at 17:03 as 'checkedin'. It should be at the motel by tomorrow morning hopefully.

It can happen! Sucks but it can happen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AppleKidd

Well lads, using PM for a month now 6 parcels delivered and one delivered to the North today by Yodel it was delivered but not checked in. Should I be worried this never happened me before. To be honest with ye now its 4.5 KG and its a big parcel should I leave it till tomorrow knowing its a large package.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AppleKidd

Everything is A okay got checked in this morning. No need to worry no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Roger00

Just got a text & email to say I had no money in my account to cover the cost of a parcel, even though I have a card registered with them. Lo & behold when I went to their site there's a special offer if you top up by x amount you get a bit of free credit.
    I hope nightline don't start this kind of bs to get money out of people.

Roger00 wrote: »
    Just got a text & email to say I had no money in my account to cover the cost of a parcel, even though I have a card registered with them. Lo & behold when I went to their site there's a special offer if you top up by x amount you get a bit of free credit.
    I hope nightline don't start this kind of bs to get money out of people.

There was special offer and you complain?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Roger00

There was special offer and you complain?

Yes I complain because I have a card registered with them. If they have a special offer let them email people notifying people of the special offer, not tell people they have to top up your account because you have no credit to cover a parcel. Then when you go to the site you see the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

I was hoping to send a parcel by parcel motel but it's 12kg will they give it back to me or are they strict on the 10kg limit?

I was hoping to send a parcel by parcel motel but it's 12kg will they give it back to me or are they strict on the 10kg limit?

jayboi wrote: »

They should hold it in the finglas depot. They won't deposit it into your motel

They should hold it in the finglas depot. They won't deposit it into your motel

Sorry just to clarify I'm looking to send it by parcel motel to an address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

jayboi wrote: »
    Sorry just to clarify I'm looking to send it by parcel motel to an address
    You probably won't get a definitive answer here - best thing would be to e-mail them.

Not your ornery onager

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement