Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

jayboi wrote: »
    Sorry just to clarify I'm looking to send it by parcel motel to an address

Send it from the depot then

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

jayboi wrote: »
    I was hoping to send a parcel by parcel motel but it's 12kg will they give it back to me or are they strict on the 10kg limit?

When I rang they were emphatic the limit was 10Kg and offered to give me a Nightline quotation instead. There must be minor latitude but they won't let it slide (20%) because they're effectively doing themselves out of business and if word got out they were lax it would be impossible to hold the line on a 10kg limit.

It's a risky 'try on' - you commit to a UK addressed prepaid locker drop off under a stipulated declaration that the parcel is 10Kg or under. If they don't deliver it the chance of a refund is nil and you'll probably have to pay for it to be returned to you or your Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Pompous

What happens if my parcel arrives before I top up my account?

This is my first time using PM and I don't have a credit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just picked up an oversized parcel. They now use pin numbers for collection

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

If a website offers free delivery to Parcel Motel, do I still have to pay the charge for receiving parcels in Parcel Motel? Also there is a possibility the order may be multiple boxes, so would I still have to pay for each one?

(If I have to pay for all this, the option to get it delivered to my home address would be much cheaper).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

Pompous wrote: »
    What happens if my parcel arrives before I top up my account?

This is my first time using PM and I don't have a credit card.

you'll get a notice and will have to top up. if this is a once off then you're better linking your card to the account and unlinking, as you have a minimal topup of e10

you'll get a notice and will have to top up. if this is a once off then you're better linking your card to the account and unlinking, as you have a minimal topup of e10

Thanks for the reply. I can't link my card since it's a debit card and not a credit card. I just topped up by €10 though so I'm sorted.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes them to check in an item once it arrives at the depot?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

VG31 wrote: »
    If a website offers free delivery to Parcel Motel, do I still have to pay the charge for receiving parcels in Parcel Motel? Also there is a possibility the order may be multiple boxes, so would I still have to pay for each one?

Yes the onward journey from receipt of parcel in their depot to delivery to your locker is what you pay for (unless the supplier uses a PM account). You pay a charge per item - request the seller to bundle as much as possible in single packages.
    (If I have to pay for all this, the option to get it delivered to my home address would be much cheaper)

You might try sourcing the items fulfilled by Amazon as supersaver delivery to Ireland is free on an order over £25. Through Parcel Motel the UK VAT rate of 17% applies (compared to 20% for stuff destined directly for here).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

styron wrote: »
    Yes the onward journey from receipt of parcel in their depot to delivery to your locker is what you pay for (unless the supplier uses a PM account). You pay a charge per item - request the seller to bundle as much as possible in single packages.

You might try sourcing the items fulfilled by Amazon as supersaver delivery to Ireland is free on an order over £25. Through Parcel Motel the UK VAT rate of 17% applies (compared to 20% for stuff destined directly for here).

Thanks, it's not Amazon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 maca123

The status of my order that is checked in is cancelled. I didn't get an email that it was cancelled. When they cancel an order should i get an email explaining why and could it be cancelled by mistake?

• Advertisement

VG31 wrote: »

(If I have to pay for all this, the option to get it delivered to my home address would be much cheaper).

Free delivery to PM but they have to transport it to your locker etc. As long as their in one shipment and will fit in one locker I think its just one charge.

What time of the day do parcels usually get checked in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

What time of the day do parcels usually get checked in?

Between 5:30 and 7:00 for me

I assume that's p.m?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I assume that's p.m?

I usually receive the text around 6a.m. saying to collect my package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

I assume that's p.m?

You assume wrong
    The text alerts and emails are set for what ever time you select
    I didn't select anytime so get the text when it arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Same here though mine regularly get put in my local pm between 2-3 am

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Thanks for the reply. I can't link my card since it's a debit card and not a credit card. I just topped up by €10 though so I'm sorted.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes them to check in an item once it arrives at the depot?

What do you mean you can't link cos you've a debit card? I've an AIB Visa Debit Card and it works fine, my Mam has a English MasterCrad and it also works fine.

What do you mean you can't link cos you've a debit card? I've an AIB Visa Debit Card and it works fine, my Mam has a English MasterCrad and it also works fine.

That's odd. I also have a Visa debit card. When linking it asks for a credit card but when topping up it doesn't specify credit/debit. I could top-up but not link. That led me to believe you can only link credit cards (which made sense in my mind, since you can't overdraw a lot of debit cards).

Now I just don't know what the story is. There's €10 on my account now anyway and I'll probably never use the service again.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

I was trying to buy a Top off amazon.co.uk, the tops from Germany but they wont ship to Ireland. Is it possible to use Parcel Motel for something like this ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I was trying to buy a Top off amazon.co.uk, the tops from Germany but they wont ship to Ireland. Is it possible to use Parcel Motel for something like this ?
    If they ship to UK, then yes. Have it sent to your PMid via PM NI.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CosmicGravy

Can you get multiple items delivered to parcel motel as long as their combined weight and dimensions don't exceed the limit or are you limited to just one item per order?

Can you get multiple items delivered to parcel motel as long as their combined weight and dimensions don't exceed the limit or are you limited to just one item per order?
    One parcel per motel box. If your items are not packaged in one parcel, each parcel will be treated as a separate item.

Weight/dimension limits apply to each parcel.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Hi there,what happens if you don't have sufficient funds in an account and something get's delivered to PM?

Kells... wrote: »
    Hi there,what happens if you don't have sufficient funds in an account and something get's delivered to PM?

They give you a chance to top up I'd imagine 48 hours then it's returned to sender

Kells... wrote: »
    They send you a text / e-mail telling you that you need to top-up your account.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

Is it best to change the insurance cover just before you order something online or soon after?

I mean if you did bought better insurance cover after you placed the order would that order still be covered under the new insurance? - So long as you upped the insurance before it was set to arrive at your local Parcel Motel

Is it best to change the insurance cover just before you order something online or soon after?

I mean if you did bought better insurance cover after you placed the order would that order still be covered under the new insurance? - So long as you upped the insurance before it was set to arrive at your local Parcel Motel

Before it arrives at the depot yes. But you may as well do it before

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

Esel wrote: »
    If they ship to UK, then yes. Have it sent to your PMid via PM NI.
    Thinking about using parcel motel but not sure about cost, EG pair of shoes from UK that I want to end up in Tralee for collection, I put the NI motel address on purchase and its sent there ?? and then to Tralee. Do I pay for two transactions ??

• Advertisement

mikehn wrote: »
    Thinking about using parcel motel but not sure about cost, EG pair of shoes from UK that I want to end up in Tralee for collection, I put the NI motel address on purchase and its sent there ?? and then to Tralee. Do I pay for two transactions ??

No. You pay 3.95 for parcel motels service once. If you don't collect within 48 hours you're charged for another 48. Yeah that's what you do. If the site charges you for delivery you also pay that, obviously

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement