Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

First time using PM, what box do I put the PM ID in?

Also I'm sending to NI because there is no delivery to Ireland, does it go from there to Finglas and then to my local PM?

How much would that be altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

@ GrayFox208 - Must be collected within 48 hours? I thought that within 24 hours.

I just made my first purchase from Amazon with free delivery in the UK only, using Parcel Motel provided address everything went well.
    When the packet arrived I got a message with a pin no. I went to the chosen location, (Glasnevin Cemetery Topaz), asked a guy about it directed me to the, “Motel place”, I inserted the pin and phone no. a door opened and voila, the packet. Nice concept.
    I hope from now on I will have the same experience with next purchases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

First time using PM, what box do I put the PM ID in?

Also I'm sending to NI because there is no delivery to Ireland, does it go from there to Finglas and then to my local PM?

How much would that be altogether?

First name
    Last name
    Address line 1: pm ID here
    Address line 2:

Yes it goes from NI then to your local depot I don't think it goes to Finglas. AFAIK. And 3.95 all together

emy wrote: »
    @ GrayFox208 - Must be collected within 48 hours? I thought that within 24 hours.

I just made my first purchase from Amazon with free delivery in the UK only, using Parcel Motel provided address everything went well.
    When the packet arrived I got a message with a pin no. I went to the chosen location, (Glasnevin Cemetery Topaz), asked a guy about it directed me to the, “Motel place”, I inserted the pin and phone no. a door opened and voila, the packet. Nice concept.
    I hope from now on I will have the same experience with next purchases.

I dont see why you had to quote me there but okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    First name
    Last name
    Address line 1: pm ID here
    Address line 2:

Yes it goes from NI then to your local depot I don't think it goes to Finglas. AFAIK. And 3.95 all together

Thanks! Such a handy service

Any idea if it arrives in Antrim on Thursday morning when it will be ready in Dublin? Monday morning?

• Advertisement

Thanks! Such a handy service

Any idea if it arrives in Antrim on Thursday morning when it will be ready in Dublin? Monday morning?

Friday. Maybe Saturday. It would be in Finglas the same day, but it'll be in your local motel by Friday or Saturday. Only day they don't deliver is Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I got 2 packages going to finglas to be delivered to a motel in south dublin. Ordered on monday.

If theres no activity whatsoever on my parcel motel account page so far, what would you say is the earliest ill actually be able to pick it up ? Friday morning ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Has anybody here had an experience with Parcel Motel where a package has gone missing?

I have a parcel which seems to be missing in the Parcel Motel system.
    This is the first time this has happened so I am hoping they can assist and it can be tracked down?

It was ordered from an Amazon vendor on the 12th of August, and I have a tracking number which says it was delivered by City Link couriers to the PM depot in Antrim at 11:41am on Wednesday 13/8/14, and was signed for by "HAWTHORNE".

I checked and it was shipped to my correct Parcel Motel address.

It contains a walking aid for an elderly relative of mine that has mobility issues, so I am guessing it will be in a large box.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

It is possible that the package did not have your PMid on it, so could not be forwarded to your chosen motel.

Have you been in touch with Parcel Motel about it?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Yes I've been onto them about it in the last hour, they are I presume going to check. I've noticed the last few times I've used them that the time from when an item gets delivered to when it gets scanned and transferred to Dublin is getting longer, between that and the recent price rise I am wondering if they are starting to get very popular and struggling to cope with the volume of parcels coming through every day.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

What will ParcelMotel do if they're asked to pay import on an item?

Will they just refuse it? Then what happens to the item?

Thinking of importing something from America and the 3% VAT difference is fairly significant.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AppleKidd

Thinking of importing something from America and the 3% VAT difference is fairly significant.

They will reject it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Yes they will reject it, it will go back to the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

Does anyone know if a macbook pro from the Apple Store will fit in the Parcel motel lockers?

Or what happens if a package needs to be signed off on? Will Parcel Motel sign off on it?

Does anyone know if a macbook pro from the Apple Store will fit in the Parcel motel lockers?

Or what happens if a package needs to be signed off on? Will Parcel Motel sign off on it?

Yes and yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hally_89

Anyone know the opening hours for the depo in little Island in Cork? I have an oversized package that will be there 2moro. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Hally_89 wrote: »
    Anyone know the opening hours for the depo in little Island in Cork? I have an oversized package that will be there 2moro. Thanks

021 497 8128

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Sorry If this has been asked before but if I send a small package to another PM, do I pay €4.50 and the receiver pays €3.95?

Seems a lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I have a zero balance in my PM account.
    Do I have to top it up by €10.50 or will they just debit my card (which they have on file) by the €3.50 each timer a package arrives with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭Brian017

Do I have to top it up by €10.50 or will they just debit my card (which they have on file) by the €3.50 each timer a package arrives with them?

Yes. If you have a card on file there's no need to topup or prepay they just charge you as you go along

• Advertisement

Thanks Brian

No they'll just charge your card the 3.95 :)

So it is .45 cent more?

So it is .45 cent more?

... No its always 3.95

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Snake wrote: »
    ... No its always 3.95

I'm guessing they're referring to the recent price increase in which the ParcelMotel cost increased from €3.50 to €3.95.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

No Common Sense , I ordered some stuff online that came in 4 A4 Size Boxes no more than 10 mm high , 20 would have fitted in one medium locker ,
    They all arrived to them together yet were sent to me as 4 separate items , They were very distinctive , Will think twice next time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

galait wrote: »
    No Common Sense , I ordered some stuff online that came in 4 A4 Size Boxes no more than 10 mm high , 20 would have fitted in one medium locker ,
    They all arrived to them together yet were sent to me as 4 separate items , They were very distinctive , Will think twice next time

I assume you mean the 4 arrive to them on the same day and PM put them in 4 separate lockers? That is standard process, I know would be cheaper and handier for us they put the 4 of them in 1 locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

They're all just packages to them and when they are dealing with many, they all start to look the same, so they treat each one as individual. I can fully understand that from their point of view too. They don't have the time to go through each item just in case Mr. B or Mrs. C happen to have more than one item coming from the same supplier and heading to the same location. it just wouldn't be practical. The best the customer can do is choose the option to "Ship as single item" (If that option exists on the site you are purchasing from) & hope for the best. It's definitely not Parcel Motels problem.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    Sorry If this has been asked before but if I send a small package to another PM, do I pay €4.50 and the receiver pays €3.95?

Seems a lot?
    Only the sender pays.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Esel wrote: »
    Only the sender pays.

Does the receiver not pay to have something stored in its locker?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement