Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    Does the receiver not pay to have something stored in its locker?
    Look it up on PM...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

If I register a credit card, and don't top up and get something delivered, will I only be charged the €3.95, or will they take €10 from me?
    I'm only really looking at getting one thing delivered.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

If I register a credit card, and don't top up and get something delivered, will I only be charged the €3.95, or will they take €10 from me?
    I'm only really looking at getting one thing delivered.

Cheers.

Just 3.95.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Does anyone have any idea how long they usually take to deliver to the motels, once they have it at their depot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Does anyone have any idea how long they usually take to deliver to the motels, once they have it at their depot?

Always there the next morning for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

I have something waiting for me at a motel which arrived at the motel this morning, is it 48 hours from the time of the notification you receive? It's just that I live a fair way from the motel and my mother had something checked into the depot in Belfast which will arrive at the same motel on Monday, I was thinking if I arrived at the motel before the PM guy does, pick up my parcel before it expires then wait for the PM guy to deliver my mum's parcel. Would that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Toxica wrote: »
    I have something waiting for me at a motel which arrived at the motel this morning, is it 48 hours from the time of the notification you receive? It's just that I live a fair way from the motel and my mother had something checked into the depot in Belfast which will arrive at the same motel on Monday, I was thinking if I arrived at the motel before the PM guy does, pick up my parcel before it expires then wait for the PM guy to deliver my mum's parcel. Would that work?

Once you make sure you get there before him (obviously he will be removing expired parcels)that will work fine

NATLOR wrote: »
    Once you make sure you get there before him (obviously he will be removing expired parcels)that will work fine

Thanks, that's what I figured, we always seem to get our notifications about 9:15 so I will get there a good bit before then. Fingers crossed it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Toxica wrote: »
    Thanks, that's what I figured, we always seem to get our notifications about 9:15 so I will get there a good bit before then. Fingers crossed it works!

Good luck, Hope you don't get left waiting too long!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Is that the time you received the text or the email (or both)? The email is sent at the time it arrives, but the text can be later depending on your settings. If you check your PM account you should be able to see the exact time it was put in your locker.

• Advertisement

flyguy wrote: »
    Is that the time you received the text or the email (or both)? The email is sent at the time it arrives, but the text can be later depending on your settings. If you check your PM account you should be able to see the exact time it was put in your locker.

Thanks, the text, email and the status on my PM account all have the same time on them. :) I will get there at least an hour before as I've noticed some previous messages have had 8:15 on them, I think maybe they deliver earlier on the weekdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

When an oversize parcel is deliver home does the status on the Parcel Motel show as deliver or stored, mine still show as stored even that was deliver to me.

nava wrote: »
    When an oversize parcel is deliver home does the status on the Parcel Motel show as deliver or stored, mine still show as stored even that was deliver to me.
    mine was the same when i collected it from nightline, i only noticed when i checked to see if another item was booked in
    dont worry about it you have your item

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Annoying, I topped up couple months ago with 10.50. Now the price has gone up and I have €2.60 left in my account which is useless as I cant just top up enough to get the 3.95, I have to add €10.50 minimum.

String wrote: »
    Annoying, I topped up couple months ago with 10.50. Now the price has gone up and I have €2.60 left in my account which is useless as I cant just top up enough to get the 3.95, I have to add €10.50 minimum.

Just add your debit card and you'll be charged by delivery. So you'll be charged 1.35 the next time you use them and then 3.95 and so on

Snake wrote: »
    Just add your debit card and you'll be charged by delivery. So you'll be charged 1.35 the next time you use them and then 3.95 and so on

Oh so they take into account current credit? I didn't think they did that. Handy. Still prefer to use PayPal though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Oh so they take into account current credit? I didn't think they did that. Handy. Still prefer to use PayPal though

Your credit/debit card details with Parcel Motel will be just as secure as PayPal.

Yup. It's handy since you're not worried about topping up if you've only got say 5 euro on the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Hey guys,

Anybody know what busses go to Parcel Motel's depot? I'll need to pick up an oversized package from there soon.

Thanks.

MrVestek wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Anybody know what busses go to Parcel Motel's depot? I'll need to pick up an oversized package from there soon.

Thanks.

Looks like 9, 83, 83a, 140 go there according to google maps. but do you know that you can get it deliver to another address for about €10.50, could be less hassle than taking bus and carrying a box around that could be heavy and cheaper if have to pay fares in and out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Looks like 9, 83, 83a, 140 go there according to google maps. but do you know that you can get it deliver to another address for about €10.50, could be less hassle than taking bus and carrying a box around that could be heavy and cheaper if have to pay fares in and out.

I checked their price calculator and they want €28 to forward it onto my address. To store it as an oversized package for two days in their depot will cost €7.

I'd rather just go and put it up myself even if it is via bus.

MrVestek wrote: »
    I checked their price calculator and they want €28 to forward it onto my address. To store it as an oversized package for two days in their depot will cost €7.

Ok I had a parcel forwarded to me and was €10.50 on top of the €7

Ok I had a parcel forwarded to me and was €10.50 on top of the €7

Prices are all size related
    If it's costing €28 to deliver it must be big

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I find the service has got worse since prices went up.
    Used to get deliveries 7 days a week into Dundalk motel, but nowadays i'm waiting till Monday for for a parcel in their depot since Friday evening.

I emailed them and they maintained there only ever was one delivery at the weekends and that this was still the case but it's patently not.

What used to be a great service is now just ok for me.. Have spent extra on overnight uk delivery on car parts needed in a hurry, only to have them quarantined in their Dublin depot forthree days...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

Disappointed with the help I received from Parcel Motel when my parcel arrived with no PM ID.

I received an email from PM to let me know a parcel arrived with my name but no ID, and they had more than one customer with my name.

I immediately sent info about my parcel including Ebay link with pictures.
    Parcel Motel then ignored the email that they sent me and denied they had it.

Luckily the sender was able to send me proof of delivery and the parcel miraculously found.

The level of help from PM to find the parcel and the communication from them was appalling.

I've been a big user of PM, and recommended PM to a lot of people, but the level of communication and help received from PM on this issue will make me think twice about using them in future.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Anybody able to order from ebuyer using pm?
    I tried a couple of times but can't get an order to go through, any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

MrVestek wrote:

MrVestek wrote:

I'm pretty sure the €28 charge will be for storage for the 2days on oversized n heavy item. I got hit with this last week for ordering a chair, and I collected from the depot. view would have delivered out for additional €10.50. in hindsight prob would have been worth it. I had to go through m50 toll twice, the time and effort involved would make up the balance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Is it possible to top up by €13.20 so you'll have €15.80 which is 4 stays. (if my maths are correct :pac::pac: )

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Is it possible to top up by €13.20 so you'll have €15.80 which is 4 stays. (if my maths are correct :pac::pac: )

Yeah you can, minimum is €10.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Yeah you can, minimum is €10.50
    That must be a throwback to the old €3.50 charge!

They should really increase it to €11.85 to equal 3x the current charge.

Not your ornery onager

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement