Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

leck wrote: »
    I was registering for my sister, so I used my PMID for the referral.

I used the service this afternoon to send a package to my sister at her new PMID. Located the nearest PM in Castlebar but the sun was shining full on the screen so really difficult to read. Next time will bring an umbrella to shade it. Then the barcode wouldn't scan. I had taped over the barcode and thinking that might be a problem, I'd printed a spare on plain paper. But that wouldn't scan either :mad:. Then I manually keyed in the number and a locker door popped open and I deposited the package.

The tracking now shows that I deposited the package but I got nothing by email to confirm that I'd dropped it off. Maybe that only happens when the service (Nightline?) comes to pick it up?

Are the pick-up times at PM locations on a schedule. I saw no indication at the site. Is it a Monday to Friday service only, or do they pick-up/drop-off on Saturdays?
    I remember reading here that there are two different barcodes, and one of them won't scan.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

YbFocus wrote: »
    Hi guys does nightline still run to these on a Saturday or is that now gone?

They still deliver on Saturdays

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

YbFocus wrote: »
    Hi guys does nightline still run to these on a Saturday or is that now gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

JanneG wrote: »

Brilliant thanks for that Janne :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

Esel wrote: »
    I remember reading here that there are two different barcodes, and one of them won't scan.
    There was only one barcode on the label. It would be easy enough to enter it manually if you could read the screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

3rd parcel I sent with Parcel Motel was "lost" and I received a well sh1t happens reply, you can submit a claim if you want but we are only liable for €100 max and you need to supply an invoice

Thats in their t&c's as as well as the option to increase liability (dunno if for sending as well). As for receipt, that couldn't be hard to get............
    Also does ebay not allow you to print an ebay invoice for the item? I'm sure the buyer can...
    Agree the way they deal with this could be improved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

You can increase the insurance value if it's an expensive item
    I think it's €500

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

I used PM for first time on Friday. I dropped off a package at PM Castlebar. It's going to another PM member in Wicklow. So far the only tracking information is
    26/09/2014 14:46:24
    PM Cust Stored

I expected to get an email or text confirming the drop-off and also thought it would be picked up by now. I've read here that they work on Saturdays so even if I missed the Friday pick-up, I figured it would be picked up and scanned on Saturday.

Is there any way to know the scheduled pick-up and drop-off times for the different locker locations?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I just find it hard to believe their "ah well sh1t happens attitude" and considering Ive only sent 3 or 4 parcels with them its not a very good success rate at all.

I ran into that attitude last year when I had trouble linking my credit card, that was enough forewarning to put me off them and you've just reinforced my opinion that they're not a professional outfit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Received a notification this morning but didn't remember buying anything, from looking at the picture it seems as though I've been charged €3.95 for some Tesco nonsense! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Received a notification this morning but didn't remember buying anything, from looking at the picture it seems as though I've been charged €3.95 for some Tesco nonsense! :(

It's pain getting unexpected letters delivered through PM.

I recently ordered an item from Amazon UK, Item arrived through PM, no problem, then seller sent a follow on receipt a few days later, through PM again. Cost me another €3.95

• I thought you could contact them and explain resulting in a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

I thought you could contact them and explain resulting in a refund?

I will give that a try next time tx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

flyguy wrote: »
    Thats in their t&c's as as well as the option to increase liability (dunno if for sending as well). As for receipt, that couldn't be hard to get............
    Also does ebay not allow you to print an ebay invoice for the item? I'm sure the buyer can...
    Agree the way they deal with this could be improved.

I've sent maybe 60 items with Parcel Motel & only 1 item was lost, being honest they were great with me and refunded me the full 110e that my buyer paid me so I could refund him.

And I only have the regular 100e liability

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I thought you could contact them and explain resulting in a refund?

Yes, their rep said that before. You can look at the picture to confirm its only a letter.

It would be better if you could have a notice on your account to discard everything until further notice. So you are not wasting much of PMs time, they just throw it out at the depot. Or perhaps a safer option would be discard all letters until further notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Lads I've a problem. Although I've never used Parcel motel before it says my number is already registered. What can I do?

9bred4 wrote: »
    Lads I've a problem. Although I've never used Parcel motel before it says my number is already registered. What can I do?

Contact ParcelMotel, explain to them your issue and I'm sure they'll be able to assist.

Any chance a family member used your number or something?

Just an update.

Collected the item and it turns out it was our beloved Tesco sending some ClubCard spam nonsense!

Contacted ParcelMotel and they gave me a free stay.

They're so good, such an accommodating company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Contact ParcelMotel, explain to them your issue and I'm sure they'll be able to assist.

Any chance a family member used your number or something?

No they wouldnt have. Thats a pain! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I assume you mean your mobile number? That would mean if someone registered and let's say they inadvertently keyed your number via typo or whatever & they used the system even once, you would have received their notification? Assuming that never happened, That user may not have used the system since registering. PM should be able to identify that user via their PM ID and contact them to verify the number.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I assume you mean your mobile number? That would mean if someone registered and let's say they inadvertently keyed your number via typo or whatever & they used the system even once, you would have received their notification? Assuming that never happened, That user may not have used the system since registering. PM should be able to identify that user via their PM ID and contact them to verify the number.

If I recall correctly I think when you register you get a text message to confirm number to complete the registration, but it's about 2 years ago when I registered.

Are you sure you haven't registered, maybe try the forgot password and enter your email address as user ID

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I see there is a new Parcel Motel opening up in the Maxol Garage on the Newcastle road in Lucan, but I though it had to be in a 24 hour supervised area and this garage isn't how do PM monitor and protect customers and their goods if there is no supervision during the night?

I see there is a new Parcel Motel opening up in the Maxol Garage on the Newcastle road in Lucan, but I though it had to be in a 24 hour supervised area and this garage isn't how do PM monitor and protect customers and their goods if there is no supervision during the night?

They use CCTV as far as I'm aware

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

They use CCTV as far as I'm aware

It wouldn't be much good if your collecting a package and get attacked, or the scummers get a sledge and start smashing lockers open to steal packages! I wonder have any of the PM's been vandalized? Anyone come across any?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

It wouldn't be much good if your collecting a package and get attacked, or the scummers get a sledge and start smashing lockers open to steal packages! I wonder have any of the PM's been vandalized? Anyone come across any?
    I don't think PM are responsible for your personal safety but if the lockers were broken into you are covered by their insurance

Well I know they(PM) have the ability to remotely unlock the lockers in the event you have issues and are unable to get your locker open and that's 24hrs. They can communicate with you at the pickup point via speaker too so if anyone goes at them with a sledge hammer I'd say the law would be on to them pretty sharpish.

There as secure as any package held in any couriers depot or van overnight.

Sure there's nothing to stop the "scummers with the sledge" knocking down your front door and taking your shiny new package after you've brought it home :D

Your package is insured too & if it's of high value you can increase that cover. Maybe you're being a little over concerned?

Well I know they(PM) have the ability to remotely unlock the lockers in the event you have issues and are unable to get your locker open and that's 24hrs. They can communicate with you at the pickup point via speaker too so if anyone goes at them with a sledge hammer I'd say the law would be on to them pretty sharpish.

There as secure as any package held in any couriers depot or van overnight.

Sure there's nothing to stop the "scummers with the sledge" knocking down your front door and taking your shiny new package after you've brought it home :D

Your package is insured too & if it's of high value you can increase that cover. Maybe you're being a little over concerned?

Lol yeah I know i'm over concerned, it's just I know this location and its not the busiest location in Lucan, might change my locker to it as it's a pain driving down to liffey valley to cross over the N4 to get back to Texaco, anyway once PM customers get their texts most head straight down to collect their package.
    I'd say PM are gearing up for Christmas increasing their lockers as the Texaco in Lucan last year was a disaster as it had customers from maynooth,celbridge leixlip and Lucan trying to use the one location.

BTW, has anyone lost a package once it was signed for by PM staff and had to go through the claim process? How painful is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭afc4life

I recently ordered a basketball hoop off Amazon and I couldnt get it to ship to Ireland so I decided to try Parcel Motel for the first time. So I entered the Antrim address from Parcel Motel into amazon to avail of free shipping. Order went through but it now turns out the seller only sells to mainland England so they emailed me and said they will have to cancel the order. Are there any other English addressees I could use from Parcel Motel and then it will get shipped to Ireland from them? I think that could work. Its frustrating because Im trying to get decent basketball hoop in Ireland that isnt too dear but all of the sellers seem to be in UK.

Thanks for the help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

Package for me signed into Antrim today at 15.00 according to Royal Mail, not showing as checked in on Parcel motel site, any reason I should get worried ???

Have used it loads and never seen this before

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement