Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭DamoRed

An order was delivered to the Northern Ireland depot today, can I expect to get notification to collect in Dublin tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭FueledbyCoffee

living wrote: »
    How is the quality of their clothing brand "George". The prices are really good.

George clothing is pretty good - nearly all their items can go into the dryer too which is handy. I found the sizing very big but then again better having something a little big that they can grow into.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭DamoRed

Could have sworn I clicked on the Parcel Motel thread, not a clothing sizes discussion or comparing Asda's clothes with M&S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

msg11 wrote: »
    That won't fit in the parcel motel!

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    That won't fit in the parcel motel!
    You could pick it up from their Finglas depo. May have to pay a bit extra, but still quite a good price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

4 digit number didnt work on an item i picked up yesterday but a phonecall sorted it out. I dont know how this happens but presume the van driver inputs a wrong verification when placing it in the locker or something. The service number on screen you need to call is an 1890 number though and i could have spent as much on the call as the price of the parcel motel service.
    The direct line to the office is 00353 1 8835461 so you might be as well to put this in your phone in case of similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

4 digit number didnt work on an item i picked up yesterday but a phonecall sorted it out. I dont know how this happens but presume the van driver inputs a wrong verification when placing it in the locker or something.

that happened to me yesterday too in Milltown, very frustrating, as it was too late to get to speak to anyone other than the security guard on the other end of the phone, who was unable to help.... not the best first experience of using it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

picked up another parcel this morning - loving this service.

what was odd though is I only got an email with my collection pin - never received a text - whereas all previous times I got the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

I picked up something from Portmarnock motel yesterday. First time using the service, and was pleasantly surprised with the experience. Parcel was from an Amazon seller, they won't ship here, but offers free shipping to UK. And the product isn't available here in the county and similar products were about 20 times more expensive here. So it really worked out well for us.
    You could pick it up from their Finglas depo. May have to pay a bit extra, but still quite a good price.

Has anyone actually figure out how much this "extra" would be? ParcelMotel site says this:
    Dimensional weight example calculation
    Length X Width X Height in cm / 3000 = Dimensional Weight

Just to take an example of ordering, say, a 46/47" TV from Amazon to ParcelMotel's Newry address. The box could be approximately L:130 cm x D:15 cm x H 100 cm.

So that's 130 * 15 * 100 / 3000 = 65 kg Dimensional Weight.

So if I were to pick up from ParcelMotel's finglas depot, they would charge me normal €3.50 + €3.50 per 10 kgs of the 40 kgs that is above the 25 kg limit. So in total it would be €17.50.

Did I get that right? And if so, that's a pretty decent deal there. Not to mention the 3% savings on UK VAT comapred to Irish VAT etc too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

hmm, I got an email as well saying a parcel had arrived but I didnt get a text message either.
    I am on meteor so it could be my provider. might be interesting to see if it has happened to others apart from us 2 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

daytob wrote: »
    hmm, I got an email as well saying a parcel had arrived but I didnt get a text message either.
    I am on meteor so it could be my provider. might be interesting to see if it has happened to others apart from us 2 :rolleyes:

i'm on vodafone - it sounds like they might just be having a few glitches at present with texts not sending and the wrong pins being sent. hopefully all will be sorted soon as the service itself is superb.

donnacha wrote: »
    picked up another parcel this morning - loving this service.

what was odd though is I only got an email with my collection pin - never received a text - whereas all previous times I got the text.

donnacha your addicted to buying stuff online. I believe you need help, you might thank me one day:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

positron wrote: »
    I picked up something from Portmarnock motel yesterday. First time using the service, and was pleasantly surprised with the experience. Parcel was from an Amazon seller, they won't ship here, but offers free shipping to UK. And the product isn't available here in the county and similar products were about 20 times more expensive here. So it really worked out well for us.
    What was it?

positron wrote: »
    Has anyone actually figure out how much this "extra" would be? ParcelMotel site says this:

Just to take an example of ordering, say, a 46/47" TV from Amazon to ParcelMotel's Newry address. The box could be approximately L:130 cm x D:15 cm x H 100 cm.

So that's 130 * 15 * 100 / 3000 = 65 kg Dimensional Weight.

So if I were to pick up from ParcelMotel's finglas depot, they would charge me normal €3.50 + €3.50 per 10 kgs of the 40 kgs that is above the 25 kg limit. So in total it would be €17.50.

Did I get that right? And if so, that's a pretty decent deal there. Not to mention the 3% savings on UK VAT comapred to Irish VAT etc too. :)
    What TV? Want to be some saving to justify the headache if you had to send it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Used the Ashbourne parcel motel for the first time yesterday...

Again, an amazon seller who would only post to UK and signed up for the months trial of amazon prime - I ordered thursday, picked up in Ashbourne on Saturday. One cool thing was that i had to travel by car a bit to get to Ashbourne and was pissed off to say the least when i drove into town on Sat to see all power was down to shops, petrol stations etc. as i thought i would have to wait for power to come back on to use the PM. But when i pulled up to the PM at topaz, it was fully powered and operating normally, yet the petrol station had no power and was turning away customers for petrol! Happy days!

Excellent service, will be using again and again in the future, only thing is i am not a facebook user so cant avail of any competitions on the PM facebook page :(
    Any chance you could do a random prize or two for us users on boards Orla since you are getting all these referrals? - P.l.e.a.s.e. :D

Well done on the service, you have a customer for good here.

(P.S. I thought I would brighten up your day orla and send you a picture of two kittens hugging...)

3436981_640px.jpg?1331942495

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Access wrote: »
    Any chance you could do a random prize or two for us users on boards Orla since you are getting all these referrals? - P.l.e.a.s.e. :D
    Great idea! We Boardsies are a loyal bunch and many businesses run competitions for us because we're so awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

phasers wrote: »
    Great idea! We Boardsies are a loyal bunch and many businesses run competitions for us because we're so awesome

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

:rolleyes:
    Why are you rolling your eyes? I was agreeing with you? Companies do run competitions!

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Turns out the only thing wrong with Parcel Motel's service is that it isn't idiot proof - can't edit my original post for some reason, but I was attempting to pick up my parcel with the sign up verification code rather than the pin no for my parcel..... so basically great service unless you mess it up like I did, which is of course in no way Parcel Motel's fault :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

I've just noticed that I've been charged twice for 1 parcel. I got a txt Friday at 7am to say my parcel was ready for collection then at 730pm I got the same txt and pin number. I only collected it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Inbox wrote: »
    I've just noticed that I've been charged twice for 1 parcel. I got a txt Friday at 7am to say my parcel was ready for collection then at 730pm I got the same txt and pin number. I only collected it today.

Not charged twice, you were charged once for leaving your parcel there for two days, and then because you did not collect it you would have to pay again for having it there for the next 2 days.

You can't really expect them to leave your parcel taking up a locker indefinitely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

Another +1 from me for ParcelMotel. My local one was not working and they rang me to ask where else they could deliver to. Very good service in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Another +1 from me for ParcelMotel. My local one was not working and they rang me to ask where else they could deliver to. Very good service in my experience.

Same here they offer to arrange delivery to my home or work address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

eamonnq wrote: »
    Not charged twice, you were charged once for leaving your parcel there for two days, and then because you did not collect it you would have to pay again for having it there for the next 2 days.

You can't really expect them to leave your parcel taking up a locker indefinitely.

Sorry I'm wrong, I got both texts on Saturday 1st September.

Here is my account statement,

01/09/2012 €3.50 Debit Account Balance
    31/08/2012 €3.50 Debit Account Balance

So I got charged twice. I suggest others check their balance because there seems to be some glitches lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Yeah I have more credit in my account than i should have.Just emailed then there to let them know.

Noticed a different text message chime to my default txt message chime on their text message whichever way they designed that to happen.
    Quickest UK delivery ever. Ordered tuesday nite and got a delivery text this morning at 7am.

Actually im pretty sure this was because of an app on my phone 'col reminder'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

(P.S. I thought I would brighten up your day orla and send you a picture of two kittens hugging...)

3436981_640px.jpg?1331942495

:pac:

I see they added the pic you posted on their facebook page.
    with the comment
    Anyone need a hug? Thanks to "Access", one of our fans on Boards.ie for sending this photo. It's just what we need after a hectic Electric Picnic!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Parcel Motel ‏@ParcelMotel
    30 non Dublin / Leinster locations coming in Oct / Nov. Galway will be one of them. Follow TW and Like us on FB for news Thanks!

I hope Waterford is on that list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

its all fine and well for parcel motel,to send people texts to let them know,to come down to a local depot to collect a free mug,or t shirt,but what bout us people who work,like last week,i got text messgae,but i was working couldnt get down in time,if they are going to give away free mugs,why not give in the locker when you have ordered,as i use the service a bit,be a nice show off,in work,drinking out of a parcel motel mug,bring more business to it i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Next time I use it I might leave a mug for the Parcel Motel driver that loads the lockers!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭bren2001

its all fine and well for parcel motel,to send people texts to let them know,to come down to a local depot to collect a free mug,or t shirt,but what bout us people who work,like last week,i got text messgae,but i was working couldnt get down in time,if they are going to give away free mugs,why not give in the locker when you have ordered,as i use the service a bit,be a nice show off,in work,drinking out of a parcel motel mug,bring more business to it i think.

The whole point of the give away is to show people how the lockers work and how easy it is! Im sure Orla will send you a free mug tho....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement