Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

if I get an item shipped to the Dublin address, how long til its in my locker once it gets signed by pm?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

afc4life wrote: »
    I recently ordered a basketball hoop off Amazon and I couldnt get it to ship to Ireland so I decided to try Parcel Motel for the first time. So I entered the Antrim address from Parcel Motel into amazon to avail of free shipping. Order went through but it now turns out the seller only sells to mainland England so they emailed me and said they will have to cancel the order. Are there any other English addressees I could use from Parcel Motel and then it will get shipped to Ireland from them? I think that could work. Its frustrating because Im trying to get decent basketball hoop in Ireland that isnt too dear but all of the sellers seem to be in UK.

Thanks for the help!

No, unfortunately they only have an address in Dublin and one in Newtownabbey.

Sam Mac wrote: »
    if I get an item shipped to the Dublin address, how long til its in my locker once it gets signed by pm?

Usually overnight, generally the item will be put into your local ParcelMotel very early in the morning.

eiei0 wrote: »
    Package for me signed into Antrim today at 15.00 according to Royal Mail, not showing as checked in on Parcel motel site, any reason I should get worried ???

Have used it loads and never seen this before

There might just be a delay in their system, just give it a while and it should update.

• Sigh....I topped up there but forgot about the price increase. You'd think PM would change the default amount to €11.85 from €10.50...when I'm down to €2.60 what happens? Will they take the balance off my card or the whole €3.95 off my card?

Amateurish from PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

Anybody know how long you get to collect parcel. I just got a notification a few minutes ago that it's been delivered to locker but I'm away at moment and can't collect until Friday possibly. Will I be charged more? Is it 24 hours from time of text and I might get there late tomorrow night?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

missjm wrote: »
    Anybody know how long you get to collect parcel. I just got a notification a few minutes ago that it's been delivered to locker but I'm away at moment and can't collect until Friday possibly. Will I be charged more? Is it 24 hours from time of text and I might get there late tomorrow night?

You have 48h to collect the parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

missjm wrote: »

48hrs from point of email to collect and if not collected it gets removed and brought back to PM's depot. I think the contact you and give you the option to pick at depot or get it but back in locker for another 48hrs but at the charge of another stay, otherwise it's sent back to sender. You could give your PM ID and phone number to a family member or friend and get them to pick it for you?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Sigh....I topped up there but forgot about the price increase. You'd think PM would change the default amount to €11.85 from €10.50...when I'm down to €2.60 what happens? Will they take the balance off my card or the whole €3.95 off my card?

Amateurish from PM.

If you link the card for the third delivery it looks like it will mop up the €2.60 credit and draw down the €1.35. (Should be able to delink and back in to top up mode immediately after.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Anyone had any issues with parcel motel refusing a parcel?

DPD tracking says they refused the goods sent to them yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Should only happen if duty/vat is due (package from outside EU?) obviously if package was clearly damaged with damage suspected to your item as well. There have been stories here with couriers refusing to wait for PM to sign at busy times and then stating delivery was refused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

flyguy wrote: »
    Should only happen if duty/vat is due (package from outside EU?) obviously if package was clearly damaged with damage suspected to your item as well. There have been stories here with couriers refusing to wait for PM to sign at busy times and then stating delivery was refused.

It was from UK. Rang DPD and they said parcel motel were refusing packages when the driver arrived as there was a security issue. They said they'll attempt delivery again today

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Does anyone PM monitor this thread? Just attempted to collect a parcel at Dun Laoghaire harbour and the touch screen is kaput, there seems to be condensation or some water under the glass and I couldn't input my number. Tried to call the 1890 number and it just went to a mail box.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

cormie wrote: »
    Does anyone PM monitor this thread?
    If they do, and they may well do, they have not posted here for a very long time.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Esel wrote: »
    If they do, and they may well do, they have not posted here for a very long time.

I wonder why they don't have or be offered a "Talk To" section here like UPC and others have? Maybe they have been approached, I don't know.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I wonder why they don't have or be offered a "Talk To" section here like UPC and others have? Maybe they have been approached, I don't know.

Orla from PM used to monitor a thread that was around when they starting operating couple of years ago, but only last a few months. It was great fast to reply and always resolved the issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

This thread originated with Orla as the PM designated rep fielding queries and resolving issues. I'd assumed PM had let their trial period "Talk To" operation expire (it's a paid subscription customer care service offered to companies by Boards.ie, no? - apologies if I'm wrong on this).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

styron wrote: »
    This thread originated with Orla as the PM designated rep fielding queries and resolving issues. I'd assumed PM had let their trial period "Talk To" operation expire (it's a paid subscription customer care service offered to companies by Boards.ie, no? - apologies if I'm wrong on this).

I suppose they have Twitter and Facebook accounts setup now I find that they come back quicker on Facebook if you have a query.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 devasativa

i posted with them on friday and only collected mail today ... very hard to run a business with delivery collection taking 2 days.. might be best to stick with anpost

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

By and large very good to deal with.

1) The increase in price was a bit sneaky. I dont like the way you cannot buy in bulk for a discount aswell. I use this service a lot and I thought it disappointing that the price went up quite a bit.

2) Customer service are generally excellent apart from one person this morning - Refused to help point blank. Told me that before she would check the warehouse for a parcel that had not got my PM reference she would need proof it had arrived. It was not sent registered. Silly. Stupid. Lazy. Unprofessional. She put me on hold and another chap sorted it out in 60 seconds. Excellent. Professional. Helpful. Good at his job.

Very annoyed about point 2. Nothing worse then someone who refuses to help you when you need it and pay for it.

• Advertisement

• I've been having a fair old problem recently. I purchased something on eBay and paid with PayPal. For some bizarre reason the seller left my surname off the parcel's address. Luckily it was sent tracked and was delivered Tuesday. It still hasn't shown up on my account. I was in contact with PM and they were very good and was told they had located it yesterday....still no sign of it on my account though.

It's the eBay seller I'm mad with....even though he has 650 positive feedback and an English-y name, communicating with him has been a nightmare. Atrocious grammar (I mean not even being able to construct a sentence) and spelling.

At this stage I'm worried at what might be in the parcel!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

I've been having a fair old problem recently. I purchased something on eBay and paid with PayPal. For some bizarre reason the seller left my surname off the parcel's address. Luckily it was sent tracked and was delivered Tuesday. It still hasn't shown up on my account. I was in contact with PM and they were very good and was told they had located it yesterday....still no sign of it on my account though.

It's the eBay seller I'm mad with....even though he has 650 positive feedback and an English-y name, communicating with him has been a nightmare. Atrocious grammar (I mean not even being able to construct a sentence) and spelling.

At this stage I'm worried at what might be in the parcel!! :D

You're protected with paypal even if the parcel is empty lol
    As for the seller, leave them a negative feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

You're protected with paypal even if the parcel is empty lol
    As for the seller, leave them a negative feedback

I found a lot of the Chinese sellers list the item as in the UK, but of you drill down and search the seller's location it's actually china. I got screwed for import taxes from sellers doing this.
    Its against ebay rules so report them and state this when you leave negative feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Waiting for a package to arrive today for collection tomorrow in Galway. Get a txt at exactly 9pm that it's oversized, held in Dublin and that phone line to arrange delivery closes at 9pm. Agh!

Not the first time getting notifications just when they close. Need it for Sunday... looks like a drive to Dublin tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

J o e wrote: »
    Waiting for a package to arrive today for collection tomorrow in Galway. Get a txt at exactly 9pm that it's oversized, held in Dublin and that phone line to arrange delivery closes at 9pm. Agh!

Not the first time getting notifications just when they close. Need it for Sunday... looks like a drive to Dublin tomorrow.
    Are you sure they can't deliver it to your local Nightline depot tomorrow?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Esel wrote: »
    Are you sure they can't deliver it to your local Nightline depot tomorrow?

If they gave me a 2 minute window I could have arranged that for tomorrow. If I ring tomorrow at 9am I'm quite sure it'll be Monday before it's here. Will ask anyway.

I don't know why they don't just keep forwarding it through to the local depot like they used to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

J o e wrote: »
    If they gave me a 2 minute window I could have arranged that for tomorrow. If I ring tomorrow at 9am I'm quite sure it'll be Monday before it's here. Will ask anyway.

I don't know why they don't just keep forwarding it through to the local depot like they used to.
    Have you checked the time window you have given them for contacting you
    I normally get texts at 6am which is handy for contacting them if I need to

• Registered Users Posts: 5 callyevo

I'm brand new to this parcel motel thing and I've had two transactions of €3.95 from my account today at 3.30pm and 5.30 pm both saying the location is parcel motel depot.i thought it was only one charge i've gotten no txt so i presume its not at my desired location yet or is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Did you order multiple items in one order? Sometimes amazon etc will ship separately which will incur extra PM fees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 callyevo

No should be one package, set of springs for a car, ed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement