Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

They could have been shipped in two boxes and if the springs are too big for a locker they will need to be collected from the Nightline Depot.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 5 callyevo

there only 10.5" long and 2.5" in diameter each and only 2 were ordered so it should be a small enough package. am i right in saying if its one parcel its one charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

callyevo wrote: »
    there only 10.5" long and 2.5" in diameter each and only 2 were ordered so it should be a small enough package. am i right in saying if its one parcel its one charge?

That's correct, one charge per delivery. They could have sent the invoice separately or some sort of catalogue maybe.
    Check your account there should be photographs of whatever was delivered

Maybe so,ill have to wait and see. Can PM be contacted by phone to query these things?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

callyevo wrote: »
    Maybe so,ill have to wait and see. Can PM be contacted by phone to query these things?

You should have it delivered tomorrow so may as well collect it, contact them if it's their mistake

• Advertisement

Cheers Natlor just saw the pics there. looks like the numptys in England have either sent me two sets of springs or 2 springs in individual envelopes.i like that picture thing tho, good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

Have you checked the time window you have given them for contacting you
    I normally get texts at 6am which is handy for contacting them if I need to

The bottom line is this and buyers should all be aware of it. If you are expecting an oversize parcel you should ALWAYS make contact beforehand by sending an email to parcel motel, giving them your PM number, and explaining that theres an oversize parcel on the way for you. This email goes to Dublin and someone will answer you shortly saying they will keep an eye out for it and have it forwarded to your local Depot--not your PM postbox. They will again email you saying its been forwarded to your local Nightline depot and you then pop into your Nightline depot and pick it up.
    This is the only way I have found that works to ensure no mess ups occur and believe me I had plenty of those before I started doing the above. Its a bit of a pain but at least i now get my oversizes when I need them and on time -usually.

So, the bottom line is---COMMUNICATION !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I received two packages yesterday, which I was charged for, but only one was available to pick this morning at my chosen location. Is it likely that the second package will arrive this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,273 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'm after messing up and accidentally shipping a parcel from Asia, that will probably be liable for import fees, to PM. Has anyone had this before? I can't remember the last time I paid import on a package. Will DHL ask PM for the money and the package be refused, or will it be dropped off and they will bill me for the fees/let me pay on DHLs site?

I'll probably call DHL when the package arrives in the UK to confirm, but if anyone has any info please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

PM will not pay duties or accept any package that duty is due on as far as I know.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

Oat23 wrote: »
    I'm after messing up and accidentally shipping a parcel from Asia, that will probably be liable for import fees, to PM. Has anyone had this before? I can't remember the last time I paid import on a package. Will DHL ask PM for the money and the package be refused, or will it be dropped off and they will bill me for the fees/let me pay on DHLs site?

I'll probably call DHL when the package arrives in the UK to confirm, but if anyone has any info please let me know.

Thats not good news for you Oat23. Not a hope of them accepting this package unfortunately.I had 2 similar occasions and both times the goods sent back to USA.And, that was despite me having been in touch all along about the fact that they were on the way. They were unhelpful to say the least but when you dig deeper and read their policies on this you will see why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

Hi everyone,
    ive a query about using parcel motel. The best site ive found to buy clothes in my size was littlewoods here in ireland. I have seen that little woods only use a courier service and there is no one home during the day to take any things i buy.

i looked into using parcel motel but the whole logic of it having to buy in littlewoods ireland get it shipped to antrim and back to dub seems a bit crazy. do you know can you get things in ireland shipped to parcel motel's dub address and then get sent to your local parcel motel depot?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

mollybird wrote: »
    [...] do you know can you get things in ireland shipped to parcel motel's dub address and then get sent to your local parcel motel depot?

thanks

Yes.

www.parcelmotel.com/faqs.html and click on "What delivery address do I use when shopping online?" - there's Dublin address as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

The Antrim address is used to avail of UK restricted delivery and 2% less UK VAT. Select the Jamestown Rd. address for deliveries originating within the ROI and it will be forwarded to your designated motel.

PM run the free returns service for Littlewoods Ireland - so they're no strangers! (Not that you want to have to avail of it)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Sorry if this question has been asked before but i can't find an answer searching

I need to send 11 books that I'm about to sell on adverts. They fit the guidelines for a medium package.

Is the charge €5.50 total ? Or am I being charged €5.50 and the person receiving the package being charged the €3.95 it says to receive parcels, bringing the total delivery cost to €9.85

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Is the charge €5.50 total ? Or am I being charged €5.50 and the person receiving the package being charged the €3.95 it says to receive parcels, bringing the total delivery cost to €9.85

AFAIK €5.50, SureYWouldntYa

moonboy52 wrote: »
    AFAIK €5.50, SureYWouldntYa

Brilliant, thanks

€5.50 to send a medium parcel to their PMID/designated motel or €7.50 to their address - the receiver pays nothing in both cases.

styron wrote: »
    €5.50 to send a medium parcel to their PMID/designated motel or €7.50 to their address - the receiver pays nothing in both cases.

I was hoping that was the case, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

I'm new to this, what happens if I put in the parcel address on the website and my account isn't topped up. What happens to my parcel

• Advertisement

brijay wrote: »
    I'm new to this, what happens if I put in the parcel address on the website and my account isn't topped up. What happens to my parcel
    I received a text to say my account has insufficient funds. What does this mean?

This means that we have tried to check in a parcel for you but there was not enough credit on your account to cover the transaction. Please top up your account or add a card. We recommend you add a card if you are receiving parcels on a regular basis as this way you can avoid delays due to insufficient funds. If after 3 attempts (over 3 days) we cannot process your parcel due to insufficient funds, we reserve the right to dispose of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

styron wrote: »

Hi also there is not enough space on the address line im using, can I leave out "parcel motel"

brijay wrote: »
    Hi also there is not enough space on the address line im using, can I leave out "parcel motel"

Yeah, that's fine and advisable in some instances -not drawing attention to the fact that it's a PO Box service. Your name, PMID and UK Post Code BT36 4PE are the vital components. If you can make your name more distinctive (eg. extra name or initial) in the event of the PMID being omitted by a sender it will be easier to trace back to you than trying to run it by all customers with the same name.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Ive never used "parcel motel" in any address as I just had it as 'PM and numbers'.

Always worked just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭irishgeo

is the top by 40euro and get extra cheaper delivery offer still running

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

irishgeo wrote: »
    is the top by 40euro and get extra cheaper delivery offer still running
    You mean the top up by €35 and get an extra €4.50 credit one, just after they increased the fees? That was only until August 31st

Anyone here use the Carrick-on-Shannon depot ? A friend thinks they only have small lockers, but i need a medium one, they'd hardly have a place with just the small ones would they ?

No, they will have small and medium. The medium are surprisingly large and will take most items until you go into tvs and the like. I'm sure if you go into the site there will be exact measurements.
    Oversize parcels is a different animal altogether with PM. and you need to be on top of it if you order a very large item. I always either email or ring them to keep tabs on oversize;s as its their Achilles Heel of deliveries.--its a long story.
    Rusty

rusty999 wrote: »
    No, they will have small and medium. The medium are surprisingly large and will take most items until you go into tvs and the like. I'm sure if you go into the site there will be exact measurements.
    Oversize parcels is a different animal altogether with PM. and you need to be on top of it if you order a very large item. I always either email or ring them to keep tabs on oversize;s as its their Achilles Heel of deliveries.--its a long story.
    Rusty

Yeah the box is well below the medium dimensions

Thanks for the info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Ordered a litter picker from Amazon... somehow or other they've managed to put it into a massive box that is now oversized. 16km each way of my time and money to pick it up from the depot in Finglas.. Ridiculous. And then Amazon go and split that order so a small water bottle doesn't fit into the massive box and was sent seperately.

Would have been cheaper to get the whole lot delivered to my own address. Thanks Amazon for costing me a small fortune by using boxes that are massively oversized.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement