Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

Hi guys, anyone know the course of action if a parcel doesn't arrive? I've a parcel from amazon with an "at depot" status since the 15th of October! Parcels I've ordered since have arrived but no sign of this one, I've emailed customer service but haven't gotten a reply, and just noticed they've charged me for delivering it!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

th283 wrote: »
    Hi guys, anyone know the course of action if a parcel doesn't arrive? I've a parcel from amazon with an "at depot" status since the 15th of October! Parcels I've ordered since have arrived but no sign of this one, I've emailed customer service but haven't gotten a reply, and just noticed they've charged me for delivering it!

Call them or post a message on their FB wall, they're usually pretty quite to respond on there. Usually they won't investigate if a parcel has gone missing unless you have proof it was delivered to them - signature, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Does anyone know what the story with the 48hr period is when it's over the weekend? I have an oversized parcel, only got the notification at 2140 on Friday night and I missed it. I cannot collect today because it's closed. Am I going to be charged more even though they are shut since 1pm yesterday and the 48hrs runs out tonight?

Does anyone know what the story with the 48hr period is when it's over the weekend? I have an oversized parcel, only got the notification at 2140 on Friday night and I missed it. I cannot collect today because it's closed. Am I going to be charged more even though they are shut since 1pm yesterday and the 48hrs runs out tonight?

I had this problem recently, seems to be more than 48 hours you get now and when you only have 24 hours left to collect they send you an email notifying you. So you should be able to collect tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

Toxica wrote: »
    Call them or post a message on their FB wall, they're usually pretty quite to respond on there. Usually they won't investigate if a parcel has gone missing unless you have proof it was delivered to them - signature, etc.

Thanks for your reply :) there wasn't a signature needed but they have a photo of the parcel when I go into my account history

• Advertisement

th283 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply :) there wasn't a signature needed but they have a photo of the parcel when I go into my account history

Oh I see, didn't realise it was checked into depot! Definitely ring them because they will have to compensate you if it has been lost on the way to your local PM. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

my parcel has been in transit to motel since friday lunchtime :S

Ring them, they have to try and track it down! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dropzone

Does anyone know from what time parcel motel accept delivery of packages from? I have been tracking a package on DHL and at 9:00am a delivery was attempted but nobody was there to receive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

dropzone wrote: »
    Does anyone know from what time parcel motel accept delivery of packages from? I have been tracking a package on DHL and at 9:00am a delivery was attempted but nobody was there to receive it.

You can guarantee someone is there from 6am at least. Could be a lazy driver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Just got an email saying PM are closing the Nenagh lockers. I thought I kept them going all on my own !
    Deliveries will still be possible to the Texaco shop next door. Anybody else getting notices - I presume due to lack of business.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

that's been happening to me lately as well. used to get packages the next morning, when a package arrived to NI. now it's "in transit" for 3 days!

also, some packages not even being "logged in" to the north! for example, i bought a pair of shoes from a london shop last tuesday. i had tracking from there to PM in NI. it was signed for at 9.46am, but yet it doesn't show up in my parcel motel account. my last parcel wasn't logged into northern ireland either.

i hope they aren't in trouble!

When they get busy they tend to not tell anyone the lockers are full and they keep you hanging a day or two. Wait until you see tallaght and lucan at xmas :)

jees i never even thought of them being full!
    my local PM is shut for a while (garage renovations), so packages have been diverted to another location in swords.. & yet still, i never even thought of them being full!
    i feel pretty stupid now :p

jees i never even thought of them being full!
    my local PM is shut for a while (garage renovations), so packages have been diverted to another location in swords.. & yet still, i never even thought of them being full!
    i feel pretty stupid now :p

Same for me usually at donabate but diverted to swords for the time being

Same for me usually at donabate but diverted to swords for the time being

if it's lissenhall, i think there's only another week left before PM can reopen there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭deandean

I'm just leaving feedback that I've used PM about 9 times this year, and every time the system worked spot-on with no delays and quick notifications. Mostly deliveries from eBay and Amazon UK.

I have had problems with a company called iParcel or iPackage that delivers stuff from Amazon to PM, they are beyond bad (fantasy tracking, 2wk delays etc) and I tell Amazon suppliers I won't order stuff if it's gonna be sent by iParcel.

Well done PM. But please keep your prices right. The new kid on the block is gonna be these An Post boxes.

if it's lissenhall, i think there's only another week left before PM can reopen there

was on to PM about this today and because lissenhall and kinsealy are both closed Airside is mad busy so i've asked mine to be moved closer to work instead

was on to PM about this today and because lissenhall and kinsealy are both closed Airside is mad busy so i've asked mine to be moved closer to work instead

jees i didn't know kinsealy was closed as well! no wonder there's been delays with airside! hopefully for not too much longer.
    the gas thing -- yesterday when i was giving out in my post, didn't my parcel get checked in while i was actually type the post! & it was delivered this morning, within 24hrs of it arriving up north -- just like it used to be! (hooray!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

How strict are pm on weight, have a parcel coming there and its 10.6kg?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

How strict are pm on weight, have a parcel coming there and its 10.6kg?

Go to your parcel motel account and click the euro sign that's in the top left. You can calculate price from weight and size of package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭PM_

Is there a set time to when they drive to Dublin from the North? Is it like once a day? On Amazon the package said delivered at 7:30am but didn't come up in PM until around 3pm. Would this be here tonight or will I have to wait until tomorrow? It says in transit but the location said at the depot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

I imagine it be there today. I had a parcel checked in today at 15.45 and it's already stored.

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    I imagine it be there today. I had a parcel checked in today at 15.45 and it's already stored.

What locker are you? And what time did it get delivered?
    Did it say Location: Parcel Motel Depot while it was on the way or did you check?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

PM_ wrote: »
    What locker are you? And what time did it get delivered?
    Did it say Location: Parcel Motel Depot while it was on the way or did you check?

In Grand Canal Dock.

From my PM account:
    Checked In: 5 Nov 2014 16:55

Nightline tracking:
    Wed 5 Nov 16:55 Parcel Motel Dublin Package loaded on delivery van
    Wed 5 Nov 16:57 Parcel Motel Parcel in transit to motel
    Wed 5 Nov 19:08 Parcel Motel Dublin Parcel stored in motel

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    In Grand Canal Dock.

From my PM account:
    Checked In: 5 Nov 2014 16:55

Nightline tracking:
    Wed 5 Nov 16:55 Parcel Motel Dublin Package loaded on delivery van
    Wed 5 Nov 16:57 Parcel Motel Parcel in transit to motel
    Wed 5 Nov 19:08 Parcel Motel Dublin Parcel stored in motel

Received my package at about half 10. Another great experience from Parcel Motel! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

Not sure if it's been posted but parcel motel now in balbriggan. Happy to see this after they removed donabate without notice

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

Ordered from the UK to the Belfast depot last Thursday and it was delivered to Parcel Motel depot on Friday.
    I'm still waiting on them to deliver it to the locker, 6 days after it was delivered to them. Just off the phone to them and I have to wait another 24 hours to get an update.
    Absolute joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Lads I ordered something from Japan to the Antrim depot,it will be coming via EMS,so i presume royal mail will deliver it.. has anyone been in the scenario where import fees are due? do royal mail attempt to collect cash on delivery? or how does it get resolved?

Cheers

Not sure if it's been posted but parcel motel now in balbriggan. Happy to see this after they removed donabate without notice

where is the one in balbriggan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

If they are looking for fees you are fcuked unless you ask PM before hand but I dont think they will.

Ah crap, I thought royal mail would send one of those 'fee to pay' cards to your PM address,while they hold onto it for the 20days in UK customs before returning to sender,and if you get the info from the fee to pay card which parcel motel receive you can just pay the customs bill via credit card on the royal mail website,then they will deliver the item...:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement